Dremaur Dreamin' - East Expansion

Introductions are in order.

Hi, I’m Dremaur, a 24yr old American who essentially grew up on this game. When I was just 12 years old, I made a best friend, with whom we made a game called Doodle Wars. This was for all intents and purposes a military sim that took place as stickman figures on a school notebook, in which we would talk about our troops and have battles. Me, being the super natural creative at the time, modelled my soldiers basically fully off of the “Star Wars the Clone Wars Animated Series – Season 1 – 3 Grunt helmet”

here is what a soldier would have looked like when I was 13 (recreation lol)

One day, my friend found a browser game called Nationstates, and due to our love of “Doodle Wars” we decided to check it out. From that moment on I never realized this game would have more staying power than neopets in my life. In February 2012, my nation Galactic Universal Alliance was created. I spent time in a small roleplay region, which merged with a region called Madrigal in 2014. Some time later, the founder was lost, and we lost our region. At that time this was heartbreaking, but on the horizon was a saving grace, the East Pacific Sovereign Army came in and helped us get back control. This was my first experience of The East Pacific, and soon I became a member. I loved how friendly and open this region was, and how accepting it was, especially at a time when I needed that kind of support, due to real life situations. So, I feel obligated to continue to promote that friendship and unity, above any ideology, military gameplay, or other dramas that may come to our shore. Further, I want to give back to this community that has given me so much, and that’s why I want to work for the members of TEP, to broaden our horizons, and make new friends and memories along the way.

The Plan

• Expansion to other games – I think it’s high time that we recognize in government that we are not just an NS community anymore. I feel like this already shows with our awesome roleplaying counterparts to the government, Urth and Valsora. Past that, we have seen a lot of interest in looking at other games to establish in our community. I want to be the delegate to pull the trigger on this, so to speak. So, beginning early in my term I will be compiling a list of games to see what the community feels like. While excellent execution of this plan should return new members to our community, I believe it is important for our community to want to exist in these games to begin with.

• Culture – Culture is an important part of our core. How would we get such beautiful memes as “Apa Mla Iee Ama Ap”, “haha graep”, and “caek” without it? This should always be one of our main focuses, because are community is strongest when we feel like a group of friends nearly passing out from laughing. I’m going to task the ministry with coming up with innovative events ontop of our planned traditional events. Things like the Hunger Games are exactly what I am talking about. These are events that everyone, regardless of which game they come to our community from, can enjoy, and is easily accessible for our entire community. I also think that utilizing the discord activities for events is a good idea as well, as everyone on discord can access them.

• Military - I want to continue the track record we had of fash bashes, defending our allies, and doing tag raids. The EPEF has been a beautiful expansion to the norm, and I plan to continue building it up.

• WA Assembly - I plan to continue prioritizing our communities will in the world assembly. I feel that we have good productive conversations that are fun to be apart of sometimes

So that is my plan for the region, I look forward to serving you all, and answering any questions on my campaign you may have!

First and most important question: What games do you intend to expand to?

Do you have any detailed plans on how to accomplish this expansion?

What are your thoughts on the current, largely informal structure of the Executive? Would you change it?

Do you have any plans for FA?

What are your thoughts on TCB’s and BOM’s attack on TNP? How would your administration respond to such a situation?

Do you intend to advance TEP’s interests in the WA in any way, such as through continued cooperation with HoV?

Also. You mention Valsora and Urth. What are your thoughts on the current Administration’s approach to the RMB and FRP communities?

What are your plans for dealing with said communities?

What are your plans for EPNS?

I don’t know how to word this without sounding like a hypocritical jerk (seeing I don’t do much rn lmao), so I do apologize. But my biggest concern when considering your past work in the Executive is what tangible work have you done in the Executive? I know you did some EPSA tags on your own initiative (which is incredibly based and I love you for it), and you did pretty well as a voice of reason as MoFA. But I’m wondering if you actually maintained or even changed something with your own powers during Altys’s term (excluding epsa ops since i already know about them xD - again, based)

I mainly ask because while having actual ran projects isn’t always nessecary to be a good Delegate (seeing as Delegate is a pretty diferent job than Ministers or w/e, and I’m quite certain you would do well as Delegate, generally), I do think it’s a helpful thing to have done, since being Delegate is pretty much all about maintaining and developing programs - it’s a pretty active role.

On another note, there is something to note that the current Executive is kinda self-headed by the Delegate doing most things - to a less extent than last term, but nonetheless. Do you think this is a good way for the Exe to run? If so, how do you plan to manage such a heavy burden? If not, how do you plan to obtain and develop manpower to spread the ease of Executive workloads?

I’m also interesting in hearing more about hwo you plan to expand, piggying off of Aiv’s question - specifically, how do you plan to build communities in such games? Particularily, where will you get the recources for recruitment? And espescially in a time wherein we don’t have that much manpower all together- how do you get the initial manpower to start these initiatives?

Aiv: First and most important question: What games do you intend to expand to?

Well for this I plan to use the survey, but personally I am excited to consider MMOs such as FFXIV and WOW, games that I am currently play. looping in Zuks question on this:

Zuk: how do you plan to build communities in such games? Particularily, where will you get the recources for recruitment? And espescially in a time wherein we don’t have that much manpower all together- how do you get the initial manpower to start these initiatives?

Recruitment at least in MMOs can be as simple as running into likeminded individuals during events, dungeons, etc. I’ve gotten small MMO communities started this way before and I feel like it could be fruitful because in a lot of cases a sense of community is appealing to people, so bringing them onto the discord for our cultural stuff is what I feel will lead to retention.

Aiv: What are your thoughts on the current, largely informal structure of the Executive? Would you change it?
Zuk: Do you think this is a good way for the Exe to run? If so, how do you plan to manage such a heavy burden? If not, how do you plan to obtain and develop manpower to spread the ease of Executive workloads?

This is definitely an area we need to address. Over my 1.5 years back in the executive, we have seen a sharp decline in manpower in the region, and I am no superhero, I want to see us increase that manpower because I will need help running an efficient government. i want to research ways to recruit more efficiently from our populace, because telegrams can be overwhelming. Ill be seartching for individuals who would like to help me with this. Perhaps making a video outlining what is in the executive would serve well as itll be a different medium and may appeal to those who wouldnt as much like textwalls. Also, eventually I hope we can bare fruit from the other games expansion for new individuals for executive.

Zuk: I don’t know how to word this without sounding like a hypocritical jerk (seeing I don’t do much rn lmao), so I do apologize. But my biggest concern when considering your past work in the Executive is what tangible work have you done in the Executive ? I know you did some EPSA tags on your own initiative (which is incredibly based and I love you for it), and you did pretty well as a voice of reason as MoFA. But I’m wondering if you actually maintained or even changed something with your own powers during Altys’s term (excluding epsa ops since i already know about them xD - again, based)

So ill be the first to admit, i did not accomplish as much as I would have liked to in EPSA this term. While i have the lionshare of burden for this, Its increasingly difficult to plan things when over the course of the term, we had a lot of departures and not so much newcomers into EPSA. This is something I hope we can address in my term as delegate, with wider reach and recognition of myself I hope to get people to join the EPSA and bring our updater corp back up in numbers. As for tangible work, I preferred doing the day to day activities more than big projects. This wont change for my term because I feel we are dire in need of a recruitment-focused term over big moves.

Aiv: Do you have any plans for FA?
What are your thoughts on TCB’s and BOM’s attack on TNP? How would your administration respond to such a situation?
Do you intend to advance TEP’s interests in the WA in any way, such as through continued cooperation with HoV?

My plan for FA is to continue to maintain our friendships with treatied and nontreatied friends alike, while looking to expand into more frontier relations as time goes on.

What BoM/TCB did to TNP is despicable, and I will authorize any call to arms to attack BoM/TCB holds alongside our allies. However, I am more hesitant to include regions that are only tertiarily involved, such as our friends in Warzone Trinidad and Warzone Asia.

My plan is to maintain course with what we are doing in the WA currently. I like what HoV has provided for us and i plan to continue our involvement there.

Aiv: Also. You mention Valsora and Urth. What are your thoughts on the current Administration’s approach to the RMB and FRP communities?
What are your plans for dealing with said communities?

So i will admit I am not the most knowledgeable on Urth/Valsora, But I do like the creativity and sense of community that comes from those communities. I don’t have a solid opinion on how the previous delegate has handled those communities because I am somewhat out of the loop.

I have plans to join Urth during the winter when my IRL slows down some, and as Delegate I will be establishing advisers for both communities to help me better understand what they need from the executive, and working to provide that for them.

Vussul: What are your plans for EPNS?

I quite like the current work the EPNS does, and I want to support the continuation of that work through an enthusiastic minister.

1 Like

Regarding your plan to appoint representatives from the roleplays, how will you go about that? How will you choose people? How will you deal with the fact that RMBers (Merlovich and I) and Forumites (Shadow and I) are already in regional government; for example, will you only seek out the advice of the official appointee, or will you seek input from all available community members?

What are your thoughts on the outgoing delegate’s removal of those positions? Do you not agree with the reasoning?

Aiv: Regarding your plan to appoint representatives from the roleplays, how will you go about that? How will you choose people? How will you deal with the fact that RMBers (Merlovich and I) and Forumites (Shadow and I) are already in regional government; for example, will you only seek out the advice of the official appointee, or will you seek input from all available community members?

I will look to each community to see if they want to elect among themselves an adviser. If it happens to be you or Merlo, I don’t see a reason not to appoint either of you because this position will serve as an inbetween for both communities and a source of knowledge on said communities for myself. i will also be present in each community as much as I am able to hear anyone’s concern.

I cant speak to the reason that the outgoing delegate eliminated the positions, but frankly I see them as a good thing and will be reinstating them. It’s important that knowledgeable people are present to speak on issues.

1. How will you stop independent regions from weaponizing our alliances against us?

2. Same as above but for defenders.

3. I want to hear as much as you can say about expanding to other games. We tried that project when Executive had 100 staffers during covid. We failed. How are you gonna make it work this time?

4. Do you see any other field where we can cede even more to the citizenry and become even more democratic?

1. What is MGC and what does it stand for?

2. What alignment is Europeia?

3. What are TEP three closest allies as of current?

4. What is Frontierism?

5. What was the previous iteration of Carcassone and why is this region relevant to TEP history?

6. How does Ministry of Foreign Affairs make decisions and what is the hierarchy within that ministry?

7. What is cultural neutrality? Can you name any other region than TEP that supports this stance?

8. Which region, during TEP coup, asked all its WAs to move immediately to TEP to help save it?

9. Which alliance prohibits TEP from raiding allies’ embassies?

10. What is the most stable raider relation with TEP - which organization?

How will you stop independent regions from weaponizing our alliances against us?

Simple, in most cases where this would happen we can point to the text of the treaty and decide if we need to follow it.

Same as above but for defenders.

Same response tbh

I want to hear as much as you can say about expanding to other games. We tried that project when Executive had 100 staffers during covid. We failed. How are you gonna make it work this time?

I do not have an in depth plan in place yet. The idea is to start with a server, see which games people are interested in, and starting from there. But I will be posting an outline plan once those things are understood. As for the staffing, this only gets better with recruiting which is going to be my main focus this campaign

Do you see any other field where we can cede even more to the citizenry and become even more democratic?

Im definitely open to suggestions, at this time I do feel like we have one of the best implementations of democracy in the game.

What is MGC and what does it stand for?

Modern Gameplay Compact, and it stands for promoting cooperation between The North Pacific, Europeia, Balder, The West Pacific, and The Pacific.

What alignment is Europeia?

Europeia is indepedent.

What is Frontierism?

its an ideology that promotes strong independent frontiers while also going after inactive frontiers that serve to hinder the former goal.

What was the previous iteration of Carcassone and why is this region relevant to TEP history?

Taijitu, and they are one of our longest time allies, Carcassone was founded by a cofounder of Taijitu and in essence is a continuation

What is cultural neutrality? Can you name any other region than TEP that supports this stance?

Cultural neutrality is the idea that cultural events and activities shouldnt be tied to IC alignments. And Lazarus.

Which region, during TEP coup, asked all its WAs to move immediately to TEP to help save it?
Which alliance prohibits TEP from raiding allies’ embassies?

So these two questions I am not sure of unfortunately.

What is the most stable raider relation with TEP - which organization?

Lone Wolves United. At least in my time since being back over a year and a half ago we havent had any issues with them.

Tried is a bit of a stretch. As I recall, we never even had solid direction on which games we were gonna expand to, and we never promoted membership in other games to our citizenry. I may be misremembering, though.

I think you’re pretty much right. I remember working on this project. Nothing really happened from it

One additional question:

1. Do you plan to do individual talent-finding on your own or have your MoO do it, assuming you keep an MoO? (i.e. DMing people individually they believe could do well in a certain part of gov after seeing said people join TEP for a time).

Ill be constantly looking for individuals to put in the right positions, and Outreach is no exception. Ill be taking the reigns directly as long as i need to though.

1 Like

What plans, if any, do you think will bring activity to the forums, or do you not see that as a priority?

as part of outreach getting people onto the forums is a good thing. I believe the forums will be well utilized when we incorporate other games because guides and stuff do well in a forum format.

Hi Dremaur! I will say that your origin story is undeniably charming. And I can find a lot here to agree with. Most notably, I think that culture (small c) is one of TEP’s biggest strengths, and making better use of Culture (big c), is one of the best moves we can make right now.

That said, I have a question or two:

For WAA, do you have any plans aside from just continuing to do what we’re doing? It’s awesome that we have WA discussions and community member control over delegate votes. It’s also awesome that we’re part of HoV. (though I’m a bit biased there, having poured no small amount of time into making that program work) But we, without a doubt, have a lot of room to expand. We could make IFV dispatches and telegrams like many other regions do to help encourage a WA-conscious population; we could start our own GA drafting program to encourage domestic WA authorship outside of HoV; or we could encourage and reward participation in WA discussions over on the NS forums, in order to help cement our WA influence. And there’s way more possibilities than just that.

And in terms of the EPSA, how do you feel about Libcord participation? It’s an invaluable tool for staging liberations and sieges, among other ops, yet the only consistent presence we have there is one particular Sandshrew. Is Libcord something that the EPSA needs to pursue further in order to more effectively contribute to relevant ops? Is our current level of participation enough? Or is Libcord a threat to our independence (small i), our participation in which needs to be reduced? I want to hear your thoughts.

I look forward to hearing your answers, and I wish you the best of luck in the election.

WAA is definitely a program that while I do not have an established plan for growing, I am always interested in hearing the ideas to develop it even better, so I am definitely open to any ideas people may have!

For EPSA/Libcord, I will always encourage individuals as I have as OO, with specific emphasis on things that directly align with our foreign policy, I feel its a powerful tool for liberations and defending, and I definitely plan on keeping our cooperation there alive.

In my view, this is a concise, yet great campaign, coming from someone experienced with the historical and current state of the region. I wish you the best in this endeavour.

How would you envision UTEP under your Delegacy?

And, considering your potential, I need to ask you…

Will you continue the tradition of most recent Delegates, and join Urthvision at some point? XD