Date: 22nd December 2022
Breaking News: A year with the Royal Family
In a special interview hosted by Jørgen Bjørn of Vakrestrender, we will be talking with His Majesty about all the events and activities that the Royal Family was involved in during 2022. As such we hope everyone at home will enjoy this!
Camera shows clip of the king waving to the camera before fixing his tie, then showing clip of Jørgen Bjørn opening the door to the king’s office much to the surprise of the king
Olav: “Jørgen! What are you doing here? The interview is about to start.”
Jørgen: “Ah, I was around and decided to pop in for a quick chat.”
Olav: “Well I guess it wouldn’t hurt, though it can’t be too long, since well.” gestures to cameras behind Jørgen
Jørgen: “Well it has been a little while indeed. Seems as if you grew more as a person.” Jørgen’s eyes flicker down to Olav’s stomach then back at the king.
Olav: “Oh hush it.” He rolls his eyes but lightly chuckles
Jørgen: “Quite a busy year for the royal family. So many things happened this year, if you had to decide. Which one do you think caused the most gray hairs?”
Olav: He chuckles “I see you’re the one asking the questions, well, it has to be the constitutional crisis. Happened while I was on vacation as well.” He shook his head in amusement
Jørgen: “I do suppose that caused quite a stir indeed.”
Cut to Olav giving the speech in Vakrestrender
Jørgen: “Well, now you say it, I do see a few small gray hairs.” He gives a smile. “What would you suppose was your highlight of the year? Besides visiting Vakrestrender of course.”
Olav: Thinks about it for a moment before a small smile formed on his lips “While my wife’s birthday celebration in Vakrestrender was a big one, I think I have to say the Royal Tour she and I had was a big one. Experiencing all the different cultures of the Crown Realm, and seeing what makes all of them unique is perhaps the most important highlight I’ve had.”
Montage of various clips from Olav spending time in nations from around the Crown Realm.
Jørgen: “So many countries, so much time spent overseas. It feels good to be back home right?”
Olav: “Home is where the family is afterall, though not as many of my children are at home anymore.” King shook his head in amusement
The sounds of a door opening are heard, as well as tiny footsteps being heard. Ny’Kandenor running into view. All while Jørgen simply stares and smiles at Olav. Few moments later, Wilhelmina runs in chasing the tiny kemonomimi around the office trying to get a hold of the child with a distressed look on her face. Meanwhile Ny’Kandenor is smiling ear, dodging and weaving Wilhelmina. Finally the Queen was able to grab onto the child, lifting her up and giving a small sorry to the pair with Ny’Kandenor trying to wiggle out of her gasp.
Jørgen: “Most but not all.” The elf gives a charming smile.
Olav gives a hearty laugh as he stands up and pats Ny’Kandenor rubbing the little kemonomimi’s ears before giving his wife a kiss on forehead. Whispering something into the Ny’Kandenor’s ears which made the little kemonomimi nodded her head excitedly and stopped wiggling. Giving an excited wave to the camera crew before Wilhelmina carries her out.
Olav: Sat down again still chuckling “Sorry about that, she is a little trouble maker.”
Jørgen: Gives a chuckle of his own. “Oh, I am more than aware. She ruined a suit or two, hasn’t she?” He looks at the child with a playful look as the prisoner is escorted away.
Olav: “She Indeed has, she reminds me of Ingrid when she was at her age.”
Picture of pre-transition Jørgen carrying Alexandra and Ingrid when the two kemonomimi children when they were nine and ten.
Jørgen: “I don’t quite remember Ingrid being so troublesome towards me.”
Olav: “That’s because you made them direct it at me.” He says with a small smirk
Jørgen: "Allegedly directed them towards you.” He says with a innocent expression “Speaking of Ingrid, her coronation in Nystatiszna was one to remember was it not?”
Olav: The king sighed at that but smiled non the less “Certainly was one way to start 2022 at atleast! Hardly finished celebrating the renewal year before she got crowned as Matriarch there.”
Footage of her coronation was played, as well some behind the scenes footage recorded by Jørgen himself during the event.
Jørgen: “Well I certainly hoped she packed a good coat with her when she left the nest.” He gives a smile.
Olav: Chuckled “She certainly will need it.”
Jørgen: “Speaking of coronations, there was a second coronation this year as well. Queen Astrid of Helslandr.”
Footage plays of Astrid’s coronation.
Olav: “Seems like becoming a trend among my family that someone is going out to find thrones to fill. Though I am happy for my little sister, I think Helslandr got a great queen to lead them.”
Jørgen: “Your family taking over the thrones, should I be worried for mine?” He gives a chuckle.
Olav: Chuckled “You’re already our Royal Protector for Vakrestrender, so nothing to fear there.”
Jørgen: “Ah, thank the spirits then. Though I suspect Ny’Kandenor would make a great Jarl of Vakrestrender.”
A social media post of Ny’Kandenor being dressed up in one of Jørgen’s suits.
Jørgen: “Alexandra became the High Jarl of the Federation of Tax Collectors." He gives a laugh before quickly stopping to look at the camera with a serious expression. “To the people of the Federation, that was a joke. Please don’t tax my suits again when I come to visit.”
Olav: Chuckles “Not sure that will work, they don’t have any mercy boy.”
Jørgen: Sigh “No, no they don’t. Alexandra has a lot of paperwork in her future.”
Olav: “Indeed she does, though I think she be a good High Jarl. Haven’t gotten any complains from Pierre at least!”
Jørgen: “Speaking of which.” He pulls out several pieces of paper out of his suit’s jacket. “I have a series of complaints from the royal family about the tax service in the Federation. Let’s play a little game, if you don’t mind. I’m going to read off some quotes and you have to guess the king or queen that made them.”
Olav: “Certainly new and didn’t expect that but sure, let’s go.” He clapped his hands together and chuckled
Jørgen: Giving a smirk. “You could give a man a fish and he would eat for a day. You teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Have that man start a company and he be back on the streets asking for fish. Which monarch said that?”
Olav: Ponders for a few seconds before speaking up “Magrete I?”
Jørgen: “Correct! Next one is… You could give them a coat, and they would charge you a sales tax on it.” He looks up at Olav. “I have a bet with Wilhemina that you would not get this one.”
Olav: “Gustaf III.”
Jørgen: Look of disappointment appears on his face. “You are a hundred percent correct.” He claps his hands. “Now this next one, you can probably figure it out quickly.” He gives a smirk “We had to really dig for this one. ‘Federal Tax Service is less of a tax service and more a pack of wolves. They even growl if you deny them.’ Which monarch said that?”
Olav: “Ah, one of his less angrier complaints. It’s Harald III, my father.”
Jørgen: “Would it surprise you that was the only quote from him about the FTS that was appropriate for television?”
Olav: Laugh warmly at that “It would not.”
Jørgen: “Truly a wonderful and friendly tax service they have.” He claps his hands. “So a besides hiding from the tax service, how would you describe your visit to the Federation?”
Olav: "Oh, I loved it! Though I do wish I could have spent more time there to see every corner of it. Unfortunate part of diplomatic and Royal visits is one mainly gets to just see the capital or the largest cities.” He said shaking his head “At some point I might be lucky enough to see every province there, from largest to the smallest.”
Jørgen: “Truly is a shame, I spent time in the Federation. Mostly in C.D, which reminds me. I believe we have a few photos of you during your visit there.”
Cut to a photoshopped image of Olav hiding under a desk with Federal Tax Service officials looking for him. Causing the king to give a hearty laugh including some laughter from behind the camera
Jørgen: “Now let’s change the topic before they start writing me letters again. I have a question, one that has been given to me by several prime ministers, former and current. Who in the Crown Realm makes the best coffee?”
Olav: “That would have to be Eyjaria’s, as much as I like one here in Norgsveldet and in the Federation, Eyjaria’s just can’t be beat.”
Jørgen: “Ah, I am sure you are going to be causing a riot and a fine for that. Speaking of visiting countries, your wife visited her old stomping grounds in Osjford.”
Olav: “Ah she didn’t she? I remember she told me she ate some Borean Seafood at one of the restaurants in the district there.”
Jørgen: “She did, as well, visited her old family’s apartment and her parent’s bakery.”
Video clip showing Wilhelmina’s mother giving her a hug as she entered the bakery with a wide smile on her face
Olav: Chuckled lightly “She has said she missed her mother’s baking.”
Another clip came up showing the queen spending some time with her mother
Olav: “I think she told me that she was doing it as preparation to check which places to visit on Hel’s Day with our youngest. Though I personally am certain she did it because she missed it there.”
Jørgen: “The tides wash across the ocean, but the waves will always carry us home. Quite a loving pair are they not?”
Olav: Chuckled warmly “They certainly are.”