Official RP Map Thread

Official RP Map Thread
Urth concept and map originally created by BGP.

[size=100]

[/size]

Please make all claims publicly in this thread. Like BGP I will be willing to discuss claims/changes/alterations over telegram, PM, and Skype, but all claims should be made in this thread. Annexation and colonization will be subject to certain RP standards that will likely revolve around the general acceptance by the RP community. If you plan on having neighbors, try to learn about them! Especially those that have been around for a while. That way there will be fewer conflicts arising out of who controlled what and when. Like BGP said, “This map depends on continuity and comradery with the RP community.”

Nations that have not posted an active RP post within 60 days (subject to change, news articles do count as RP), shall be removed unless vitally important to current events. Inactive nations too important to remove will become NPCs and property of the RP community. In order to avoid this, let us know if you will be gone for an extended period of time.

I will post updates whenever there is a change to the map through RP or claims.

How do I make a claim?
Name: Short name preferred.
Location: Either a detailed description or a simple image will do.
Important RP: This is essential for annexation and colonization, but a history of your nation and its people will do for claims.

Note: If you would like a cropped section of the map, let me know via PM/telegram/Skype.

[spoiler]v2.6 to v.27

[ul]
[li]Added Veymar back to the map.
[li]Added Caed Valley.
[li]Added Fortuna.
[li]Continued changing font of map.[/li][/ul][/spoiler]

Thanks a lot!

My inner designer is anal-retentively scouring Google to try and find a matching font for you. There are some free ones out there that are similar.

Yeah, I’m thinking of just going in and changing all the font since I don’t have the one originally used.

You’re doing a good job!

Would you mind slicing Alleghenny in half? The western half is now Packilvania. It is no longer under threat of annexation in its entirety.

Thank you, and certainly! Is it Packilvania proper or another vassal state? And would you mind just attaching an image to give me a basic idea of where it was split?

It is Packilvania proper.

I’ve added it to the map, and once I finish up changing the fonts or a new claim is made, I’ll get it posted.

Excuse me, but why has my country been removed from the map? Just wondering.

I didn’t see your nation on the map when I was editing it, so I assume it was removed when BGP was still the cartographer. Looking back at his “rules” for the map, I would say it was because of inactivity in the roleplay community. This map is intended to be the roleplay world. If you’d like, I can re-add you. Just fill out the claim form again and be sure you’re active in the roleplay community.

Name of Country : Empire of Veymar

Important RP: Veymar has existed on the it’s southern peninsula for centuries, and has only recently decided to begin contacting other nations and becoming more internationally known. They are a naval power, with somewhat lacking land forces, but very little crime. They do not possess any awe-inspiring technological advances, and simply average in that regard. Their taxes are very high, but their people have become used to it, and they have no political freedoms as well as few civil rights. Lead by Ichar of the Byark dynasty, they prosper in their isolation.

Name of Country : Caed Valley
Important RP: Caed Valley is relatively new, highly religious Roman Catholic nation. Only having been formed in the last decade it has a weak military with modified civilian pickup trucks being mechanized aspect of the military. The designation of this vehicle is the “Crusader MTPV-01” which stands for Crusader class Military Technical Patrol Vehicle version 1. This lack luster machine of death is armed with a 7.62x51mm GPMG attached to a 4 foot steel cylinder bolted to the truck bed. The truck itself is painted a stunning white, with gold stencil paint on both sides reading in large letters “LAUDEM CREATOREM” – the national motto. The Caed Valley Defense Force has about forty of these units in addition to its small religiously based defense force infantry of 250 men armed primarily with semi-automatic hunting rifles cambered in 7.62x51mm. The ammunition of the Caed Valley Defense Force is standard throughout their automatic weaponry armed Crusader MTPV-01s and Rifles to cut costs on bulk buying and increase utility. This round was also chosen for its long range effectiveness and the devastation it could bring to enemies at medium range… making it the ideal round for a low budget military defending a small island. The navy of the Caed Valley Defense Force is nearly non-existent at the present with only three ferry boats armed with the two standard 7.62x51mm GPMG of the CVDF mounted on the front and rear of the vessels. The boats are classified as the “Inquisitor CDB-01” which stands for the Inquisitor class Coastal Defense Boat version 1. https://0.s3.envato.com/files/133911947/5903927_A_blue_small_ferry_boat_crossing_the_Thames_river.jpg
Caed Valley does not have an Air-force and the Anti-Aircraft defense system is simply the Crusader trucks firing at enemy aircraft. Although the island does have an air strip and helicopter landing pad on the western side of the island for trade and transportation. Caed Valley considers the two island adjacent to it to be under their protection and influence, as they draw resources from them. Caed Valley makes its income from Fishing and Tourism.
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2liyc6c.jpg
Caed Valley’s capital is on the Eastern side of the mountainous island nation with the name simply stated as “The Holy Citadel” which is a generous title for a small town of 1,000 Caedites living in small brick homes. The nation is ruled by the nations religious leader named the “Holy Governor”. The system of government is somewhat democratic but instead of 1 vote per person the Holy Governor has 12 votes. The Holy Governor has a life term and is protected by his 12 man body guard commonly referred to as the “Holy Guardsmen”. This loyal and fantical core of bodyguards are armed only with .45 ACP 8 round semi-automatic pistols and Class III body-armor. Their uniforms are a stunning white tunic with gold trim with the Caedite Cross embroidered into the chest section of the robe. Under which they were their armor. They are the only armed units that wear armor and are classified as part of the Caed Valley Defense Force. The rest of the infantry wear Olive Drab green world war II style fatigues and similarly colored patrol caps. With the letters C.V.D.F. sown above the left pocket of the unifrom and across the back of the uniform shoulder blade to shoulder blade.
http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mnEgaMq45JCXXGGlPN-BKdw.jpghttp://web.centennialarts.com/cdn/images/originals/000/000/012/000000012189.jpg

When will I know if the national borders have been accepted?

Once you apply for citizenship and are accepted, I’ll place you on the map as well once I get time.

— Begin quote from ____

Once you apply for citizenship and are accepted, I’ll place you on the map as well once I get time.

— End quote

Done https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.4266-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Done https://groups.tapatalk-cdn.com/smilies/52127/1536592186.4266-smiley.gif?ttinline=true

— End quote

Alright, perfect. I’ll start getting the map together to add both you and Veymar.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

— End quote

Alright, perfect. I’ll start getting the map together to add both you and Veymar.

— End quote

Thank you!

The United States of Wikichang sets a claim over the area marked with red, provisionaly until an agreement with The predominance is made, The rule of Wikichang over the area is still on hold, until foreign recognition is given

nation name: The Three States of Fortuna but Fortuna for short

History of nation: The Federation of The Three States of Fortuna is a collection of three main islands that are ruled under the oppressive leader only known as Commander Lyon. Before Fortuna became a nation, the three islands were split into three countries that were bitter rivals. This rivalry between the three continued for many years. The population however got restless of the unending propaganda of the three and asked for a change, asked for unity. This led to the creation of a rebel group known as Just Luck which led a successful coup in all three of the islands. Instead of a resistance, the uniting of the three was accepted by all. The new nation, now known as Fortuna, was heading down a good road until Commander Lyon took control of the government. This led to the arrests and execution of the current politicians and anyone else who would be a competition to Lyon. Resistance and riots broke out but were crushed by the immense military that was created. Even though Fortuna has low civil rights and political freedoms, its economy was is high thanks to its Arms Manufacturing industry and Automobile industry. The population are treated as slaves though, maybe change will happen to stop this tyrant, maybe.

So yeah this is what I have and hopefully it was done correctly.

I have updated the map and added a changelog. Wikichang, I have yet to add in your claims because I do not feel there is sufficient RP for you to claim such a large plot of land. Keep moving along with your thread and I’ll add in the claim as you go along.

Aelia (The II is just because it was the second Republic)
http://puu.sh/iJQ6H/053a2cc219.png
(All uninhabited islands within this picture)
Cities: (I couldn’t think of a good way to get pictures of where I want the cities to be so I’ll let you decide but with some criteria of mine.)
Helia: On the coast of the largest continent
Tanoä: On the coast of the second largest continent
Starfall Shores: On the coast of the third largest continent

Origins

The Island Republic of Aelia has quite a long history. Aelia started off as unified Native tribes that traded with each-other from other islands. The Aelians were often called the pathfinders as they explored most of the oceanic parts of the modern-day East Pacific however due to their isolation and lack of means to getting to the large continents of Aelia II, these journeys were not recognized by other Nation-states of the region.

Failed Colonization

During the “Age of Exploration” of the East-Pacific, Aelian natives had to fend off Colonization waves during the 1700’s from Nation-states within the main-land continent that is above Aelia. However, due to the Aelians knowledge of their land, the easily defensible amphibious landing locations, and East-Pacific allies supplying a quarter of the Aelian army with modern arms to spite the invading forces that they often battled for land. These series of battles lasting two years was called by historians “The East Pacific version of The Battle of Adwa”. The defeated Colonolism Nation-state was forced to recognize Aelia as an independent country, after they were first recognized, Aelia’s allies who supplied her with modern-arms recognized Aelia as a free country and other nation-states soon followed.

The First Republic of Aelia

Following the World Congress Resolution in 1789 to recognize Aelia as an independent state, the people became more than just “Natives”. Banding together, they formed their capital, Helia, created one new unified language and many other things that made them into a civilization. This period was known as the “Era of Construction” within Aelia as new infrastructure was popping up within all islands and the first few democratic elections occuring. With the President of Aelia having control all of islands and each island voting in their own representative to speak for their people’s needs at weekly hearings. Overall, this system was deemed inefficient and thought to helped Aelia’s downfall spiral.

Imperialism’s Effect on Aelia

The 1800’s was a hot time-era for imperialism within the East Pacific and Aelia was definitely not excluded. On the year of 1854, the great “War of the Shores” took place between the defending Aelia and the conquering armies of an Nation-state from the continent in the top left. The Aelians were taken for surprise, having their defending small navy completely destroyed within the first few weeks of the war, most of the battle took to lands. However, the Nation-state obviously studied their history by looking into how the last Nation-state trying to conquer Aelia, they brought waves and waves of ships and men. The Aelians were outnumbered 1 to 30. Another reason why Aelia failed was the government system. Some islands vowed to be at peace with all factions and since their island wasn’t being invaded at that time, they kept to that vow and refused to supply their own country with armies from their islands, instead, putting them on the defensive for when their islands were being invaded. After Helia and the other very important islands, those islands quickly fell. The war ended in 1855 and caused Aelia to be the newest colony of that conquering Nation-state. This era was called the “Hewa a’ela paha nä hökü o ka lani” (Translates to: “The Stars mistakenly aligned” in the Aelian language)

The Great East Pacific War

During the 1920’s, a Cold War broke out between two sides. The Allies and the Axis. The Allies believed in a free world while the Axis believed in a controlled world filled with production and industrialism. A hot war begun in 1935 with the unwarranted attack from an axis country to an allied Nation-state, prompting all of the non-neutral Nation-states to wage war on the opposite side. Aelia, being controlled by an Axis country due to “The War of the Shores” was forced to send colonial troops to Allied continents for battle. However since the start of 1936, the puppet President, "Alexa 'Ānita Lao’iä, begun secretly planning with the Allied Nation-states of a betrayal of the Axis nation-states in return for war-ships and armies to help her liberate Aelia from the Axis-Nationstate who conquered them 81 years ago. The Allied Nation-states agreed. On the star-filled night of December 7th 1936, the current puppet President who was raised by once-free Aeilians evacuated to an war-ship of an warship of a Nation-state of the Allies and broadcast-ed an executive order that the Aelian rebellion has begun. She told all Colonial troops to swap sides but not before shooting down all Axis soldiers in their sights and that the liberation of Aelia has begun. The Aelian Colonial troops did just what they were told and shot down their new enemies, Axis troops. There were high injuries but low deaths of the Colonial troop legions however they were looked after by Allied MAS*H facilities.

The Battle of the Free

Starting on December 7th 1936, the invasion of Aelia under controlled by the Axis Nation-state begun. Similar to the attack that got Aelia in this situation in the first place, the allies and the “Free Aelia” forced struct the capital of Helia first. Being a coastal capital, it was heavily succeptiable by artillery fire from warships and amphibious landings. Small ships big enough to fit in the canals of Helia entitled “Aelian Attack Cruisers” were often along the front-line. Swiftly sailing through the canals of Helia and excellent at taking out enemy artillery on the ground and land-forces. The Axis nation-state had quite a large defending army on the islands of Aelia however not large enough, the Allies beat back the Nation-state and forced them to retreat off Helia. The Aelian civilians celebrated as Alexa 'Ānita Lao’iä stood and waved at her people ontop of an Aelian Attack cruiser as it sailed through one of the main canals of the city and she created “The First Republic of Helia” as a temporary country . As the offensives were about to begin on liberating the other islands of the old Aelian republic, a massive Axis blockade sailed up to the Northern part of Helian island. The Allied war-ships and whatever was left of Aelia’s outdated navy stormed up to try to break the blockade and a future invasion. After 6 months of Naval-warfare and air-raids on both Helia and the Axis Warships, the Allies broke through, ensuring Helia’s safety. The war ended in 1941 with a stalemate with the Allies having to give back homeland territory of the Axis countries and with the Axis having to officially recognize the Allies liberation of some of their island colonies, protectorates or spheres of Influence. Despite this meaning Aelia was once again, a free country, Aelia one of the few nations to not declare peace with all Axis Nation-states. The Aelians has yet to reconquer their islands that was once theres and Alexa was not gonna stop until all of her people were liberated. These wars took 14 years to finish with the Helian Armies and “Free Aelia” forces vs the Nation-state’s holdouts who conquered them in “The Battle of the Shores”. The Aelians took back each island, one by one. Most battles were naval with amphibious landings featuring Aelia’s offensive and the defending Nation-state holdout’s last stand. The war was a long fought one but by 1956, all of Aelia’s original land was liberated.

The Second Republic of Aelia and Modern-day Aelia

Following Aelia’s victory in 1956, Alexa 'Ānita Lao’iä re branded “The Republic of Helia” into “The Second Republic of Aelia” and stopped their "bread-basket economy fiasco. Alexa 'Ānita Lao’iä took to office as the first elected President of the Second Republic of Aelia. Under her reforms and policies, she beckoned in the second Golden-Age of Aelia. Huge factories brought in by the Axis Nation-state were torn down, nature-preserves were built, nature started regrowing, and huge Oprah houses were constructed. Today in 2015, not much has changed. Aelia is still a free country who as the Aelians say “Are Sailing in the Free-world” with a now efficient government and a culture that has spread the world. Very few Nation-states do not feature Aelian music, Aelian clothing brands, or see the Aelian language as one of the main languages of the East Pacific internet. Aelia has constructed a very large peacetime Navy ensuring their independance however this does not make them a war-mongering, militaristic super-power. Aelia however can be classified as an “Eco-friendly Culture Superpower of the World”.

Phew, that took an hour to write! While this story is definitely not canon in the East Pacific as I made up events without looking into the history of the nation, it’s definitely canon to Aelia. I hope you enjoyed![edit_reason]Spacing[/edit_reason]