[PROPOSAL/AMENDMENT] Conclave Omnibus

messed up BBC code from tt (ignore)

— Begin quote from ____

BE IT ENACTED BY THE MAGISTERIUM OF THE EAST PACIFIC

1. The following Act shall be enacted:

2. Section IV. of the Criminal Code shall be struck null and void, and the following Sections and Clauses shall be renumbered as appropriate.

— End quote

— Begin quote from ____

BE IT ENACTED BY THE MAGISTERIUM

1. The Concordat shall be amended as follows:

— End quote

I’m BACK. This time with the next thing in my eyes - making some changes to the Conclave.

Here’s what’s new.

1. A new Act is made to limit the Orders the Conclave can execute (as defined in Article B.5, last sentence).

2. The Conclave Procedure part of the Criminal Code - The East Pacific - Tapatalk
    has been moved to this new Act.

3. The Magisterium can now remove Arbiters.

4. Allowing the law to limit what Orders the Conclave can execute (otherwise this shiny new act would be unconstitutional).

5. Conclave can now legally ban people who are endorsement troubles (like we did w/ Fedele)

6. Conclave can now legally suspend someone who is on trial and holds government office. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me that we would allow someone to operate as a government official during trial.

Ultimately, just some stuff to limit the Conclave’s power, and otherwise legalize powers it should already have.

As always, suggestions/comments/concerns apprecidooted.

The Magisterium amendment will be fixed once my other amendment to Article B is dealt with.

Fixed some typos per feedback and my own go-through.

dereliction > abandonment

should be fixed

— Begin quote from ____

Article B: Legislative

Section X) The Magisterium may remove an Arbiter by a ⅔ majority for abuse of power, inactivity, or dereliction of duty.

Article C: Judicial

Section 5) The Conclave may rule on the actions of the Delegate or the Praesidium and nullify any which are contrary to this Concordat or statutory law. Furthermore, the Conclave may nullify any law passed by the Magisterium that is contrary to this Concordat. The Conclave is empowered to compel a legally required action by Order with an any indictable penalty, as limited by law.

Section 6) The Conclave may rule on the actions of any Citizen to be in violation of this Concordat or of the indicted offences as prescribed by the laws of the Region and sentence those found guilty pursuant to statutory limits. Trials in the Conclave shall be in open session.

Section 7) The Conclave may remove a Vizier or Magister by a 2/3 vote for abuse of power, inactivity, or dereliction of duty. decision or a Magister by majority decision, for absence or high crimes.

Section 8) The Conclave may, via a 2/3 vote, temporarily suspend any government official who is being tried for an indictable offense from exercising some or all of their governmental powers during trial. This temporary suspension shall be lifted at the end of said trial or lifted early by a 2/3 vote of the Conclave.

Section 9) Any Arbiter with substantial prior involvement with a matter that goes to trial must recuse themselves from said trial. If necessary, an Arbiter may be forcefully recused with the support of all other non-recused Arbiters. Recused Arbiters may not perform Arbiter duties for any matter directly related to said trial.

— End quote

*--- Begin quote from ____*

**Article B: Legislative**

…

Section X) The Magisterium may remove an Arbiter by a ⅔ majority for abuse of power, inactivity, or dereliction of duty.

**Article C: Judicial**

…

Section 5) The Conclave may rule on the actions of the Delegate or the Praesidium and nullify any which are contrary to this Concordat or statutory law. Furthermore, the Conclave may nullify any law passed by the Magisterium that is contrary to this Concordat. The Conclave is empowered to compel a legally required action by Order with an [s]any [/s]indictable penalty, as limited by law.

Section 6) The Conclave may rule on the actions of any Citizen to be in violation of this Concordat or of the indicted offences as prescribed by the laws of the Region and sentence those found guilty pursuant to statutory limits. Trials in the Conclave shall be in open session.

Section 7) The Conclave may remove a Vizier or Magister by a 2/3 vote for abuse of power, inactivity, or dereliction of duty. [s]decision or a Magister by majority decision, for absence or high crimes.[/s]

Section 8) The Conclave may, via a 2/3 vote, temporarily suspend any government official who is being tried for an indictable offense from exercising some or all of their governmental powers during trial. This temporary suspension shall be lifted at the end of said trial or lifted early by a 2/3 vote of the Conclave. 

Section 9) Any Arbiter with substantial prior involvement with a matter that goes to trial must recuse themselves from said trial. If necessary, an Arbiter may be forcefully recused with the support of all other non-recused Arbiters. Recused Arbiters may not perform Arbiter duties for any matter directly related to said trial. 

*--- End quote*

I motion this to vote.

Seconded

Acknowledged, vote here

In the Vizier position, inactivity is generally a good sign that there’s no active threats to the region’s security. I don’t think a removal for inactivity is beneficial to the region, unless it’s referred to CTEing Viziers or that at least there is evidence of a harmful inactivity

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/the_east_pacific/t/proposal-amendment-conclave-omnibus/15429/8?u=emjay

To be fair, the Conclave can already remove a Vizier automatically without need for an Order per the Concordat so I think your point is moot as the Conclave can do that anyways as of right now. The only thing this Act does is allow the Conclave to kindly ask a Vizier to clean up their act or then the Conclave will actually remove them, versus removing them automatically without any official warning (which is what the Concordat allows for if the Conclave uses its direct powers).

To be clear, the powers are two seperate things - the Conclave still reserves its power to automatically remove Viziers per the Concordat. But this Act gives the Conclave the option to be more lenient by using an Order instead, which I think is beneficial because I do agree inactive Viziers aren’t nessecarily a great harm and may not warrant removal.

I motion to a vote a fourth time!

Seconded and Acknowledged.

Vote here