[PROPOSAL] Regional Services and Security Act (repeal and replacement of the Criminal Code)

So here’s the re-write of the Criminal Code (or really a repeal and replace, because I think that’s easier and it’s probably better to split this away from the messy legal history the Criminal Code has, as part of the Dictum de hoc Malefactum).

“Jurisdiction” in this case is meant to say “the government can ask these areas to follow its verdicts and these areas will comply”, or in other words, the government can enforce the law (particularly Conclave sentences) in these areas.

I spent time defining what an official service is so that we can more easily define jurisdiction. I think it’s a bit nonsensical to claim the government can enforce the law in unofficial servers which is why I don’t attempt to do so.

There is no Conclave procedures here because they’re in my Conclave Act which will go to vote sometime before this - if that fails, I’ll bring that back in.

And otherwise messed with things a bit to make more sense (like for example, doesn’t really make sense for the Delegate to enforce forum rules on the RMB when we already have an entire RMB law that’s pretty broad).

Feedback or questions, etc - lemme know them!

— Begin quote from ____

(a) It shall be owned by a member of the Administration as defined by the Concordat, or a non-Administer appointee designated by Administration.

— End quote

Typo, this sounds like it should be a non-Administration appointee.

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

(a) It shall be owned by a member of the Administration as defined by the Concordat, or a non-Administer appointee designated by Administration.

— End quote

Typo, this sounds like it should be a non-Administration appointee.

— End quote

Yep, fixed.

Also added a new Section 4.4. to this, as I realized we never explicitly made not following site-rules a crime, which I feel we should - thoughts on that?

I feel that 4.4 would be egregiously difficult to enforce.

When you say that the Delegate is to enforce NS site rules, who or what is the determinant that indicates a Citizen has broken said rules?
Is it based on NS Moderation actions taken against a Citizen, or reports made to the Delegate and/or Praesidium or TEP Administration? This needs a bit more clarification I think.

Likewise, with the summary punishment of a maximum of lifetime banishment from the region, is it the Delegate’s discretion as to which summary punishment is enacted?

— Begin quote from ____

I feel that 4.4 would be egregiously difficult to enforce.

When you say that the Delegate is to enforce NS site rules, who or what is the determinant that indicates a Citizen has broken said rules?
Is it based on NS Moderation actions taken against a Citizen, or reports made to the Delegate and/or Praesidium or TEP Administration? This needs a bit more clarification I think.

Likewise, with the summary punishment of a maximum of lifetime banishment from the region, is it the Delegate’s discretion as to which summary punishment is enacted?

— End quote

It’s purely based on the rules themselves - irregardless of what NS moderation does. It would be the Delegate/ROs who is/are responsible for determining if site rules were broken and the sentence. Obviously NS mods will enforce site rules on their own, this is primarily to give us legal justification to take action based on site rules in the off-chance our laws do not cover a situation - prior to when NS mods do, as that’s happened often.
I’ve seen our ROs use the “they broke site rules” justification sometimes, albiet rarely, and I thought it would be a good thing to include to cover all our  basis.

2.2.c - How is this gonna work? Like TEP is in the name? Or the icon? Or what?

2.3 - What about the forum change? And/or any other one happening in the future?

2.3 - Numbering error, repeated clause number.

3.1 - What’s the difference between entry and residence?

3.2 - Do you mean that at any point, the Praesidium may reverse any action by the delegate?

4.4 - Don’t see the need for “also”. Anyway, does this include WA rules?

Regarding “Jurisdiction”, why not just define this in the law?

— Begin quote from ____

2.3 - What about the forum change? And/or any other one happening in the future?

3.2 - Do you mean that at any point, the Praesidium may reverse any action by the delegate?

— End quote

2.3 - Any future forum that we change to would adopt the url “forum.theeastpacific.com

— Begin quote from ____

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

2.3 - Any future forum that we change to would adopt the url “forum.theeastpacific.com

— End quote

Oh alright. I legitimately don’t know how anything works, so thanks for correcting me.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

It’s purposefully broad because there’s a thousand ways different regional services can be branded to represent TEP. But IG we could include a mandate for a name, if there’s want for that.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Cyber got it. and if the link changes, we’ll just change the law.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Fixed

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Entry means to prohibit someone from enterring the region in the first place, residence means they already reside here. IG there isn’t a big difference, but eh might as well keep the more current wording as its more specific and we don’t loose much from keeping it.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

No. Tried to clarify that.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Didn’t mean it to be, but thinking on it - is that a bad thing? Most people don’t do it accidentally - and it’s not like the Delegate has to punish someone for it. If someone accidentally violates the WA rules and can explain themself, the Delegate is within their rights to not give punishment (there is no minimum punishment).

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Do you have a proposed definition in mind? May be able to work it in.

I will move this to vote in a week.

(4.3) The Delegate shall be primarily responsible for executing any on-site ban as requested by the Administration.

Define administration?

See Article G of the Concordat. I might make for an interesting read.

Okay I see. Wasn’t sure about that mention given we’d discussed before about not adding OOC elements to law.

I motion this to vote and request a second.

Seconded and Acknowledged.

Vote here