Question the candidates

The current candidates for Prime Minister are:

East Malaysia
Haor Chall

If you have any questions for the candidates, ask them here.

Can Either Canidate gaurantee a Cephalopod in every pot ?

Can I be the independent candidate?

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

I’m afraid I cannot guarantee one in every pot, due to the current state of the economy and the declining Cephalopod population. Rest assured I will mandate a Cephalopod breeding program to ensure that as many pots as possible can be filled. Early estimates suggest, with a successful program, that we will achieve 90% of pots with Cephalopods in, within 4 years.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Nothing stopping you from being a candidate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Does any candidate, with the exception of one for obvious reasons, have planned measures to stop the Packilvanian Empire from taking over the region as I’m scared of the lime green mass on the map…:wink:

That’s poo-green, not lime-green. I don’t know which is scarier.

In fact, that’s my first question. Which is the scarier shade?

Apologies, I don’t have time for a full response- though I will say poo-green (?!?) is much scarier than lime-green.

I don’t think I mentioned it before, my bad, but I’m away from now until next Thursday. Bad timing for this, but so it goes. As I’m out at sea I won’t have internet access of any sort until I get back. See you then! :slight_smile:

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Unfortunately, a guarantee is not foreseeable, but I can insure that the proper research will be done to study the breeding habits of them and to be put into full effect within five to seven years to start

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Naturally. You can be any type of candidate you want to be.

— Begin quote from ____

Does any candidate, with the exception of one for obvious reasons, have planned measures to stop the Packilvanian Empire from taking over the region as I’m scared of the lime green mass on the map…wink.gif

— End quote

Sure, move to a distant island, for I don’t think the Packilcanians can swim, something about electricity and water.

— Begin quote from ____

That’s poo-green, not lime-green. I don’t know which is scarier.

In fact, that’s my first question. Which is the scarier shade?

— End quote

Poo-green. Clearly it can cause nightmares in young children.

— Begin quote from ____

Sure, move to a distant island, for I don’t think the Packilcanians can swim, something about electricity and water.

— End quote

We are on a distant island. I heard rumours that the Pax are waterproof. Is there any truth to this? :blink:

Which candidate will plunge the world into a new era of darkness?

— Begin quote from ____

We are on a distant island. I heard rumours that the Pax are waterproof. Is there any truth to this? :blink:

— End quote

Oh no but if they make it to the island, just grab some buckets of water and throw it on them

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

No one would ever expe…I cough mean that I am an honest soul of justice. But if you didn’t notice, I plugged in a night light if it where to happen.

I haven’t seen a serious question so far, only these “What would you do with the pink horses?” type of questions. I would like to know the candidates agenda, if they have any.

Anything environmental we should know about?

(Loop started it, blame him!)

— Begin quote from ____

I haven’t seen a serious question so far, only these “What would you do with the pink horses?” type of questions. I would like to know the candidates agenda, if they have any.

— End quote

-Implement ad programs to help boost activity.
-Improve our relations with other NS regions.
-Have good public relations with forum goers so that they know I will listen and help them with any problems they may have.
-Work with all members to throw on the table ideas to make the forum more attractive in things-to-do and have fun doing.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

I believe the first priority is strengthening the regional government. To do that I would intend to build a new executive. Hopefully there are people who would be willing to take on the various roles that will be be around (foreign affairs, recruitment, etc) to do so.

The main priorities for me are internal- recruitment is something that has to be addressed and the creation of some kind of recruitment department will be one of my first acts if elected. I also believe that the constitutional situation cannot remain as it is. Although we are lucky that the current system has the flexibility to allow us to elect a Prime Minister and hopefully move forward the government without a serious overhaul I still believe that a significant revision of the government document of the region is needed.

There are other internal issues which I would like discussed, whoever is elected, by us as a community. Community spirit is vital and we need to look at ways we can all work together to make things easier for new members to get involved. That includes looking at wide-ranging issues from the forum layout/accessibility, the use of OOC areas, involvement within government and of course the RP. A lot of these things are tied up together government involvement and accessibility with constitutional reform, recruitment with OCC activity and the interaction of RP with everything else.

The other aspects of government are something that we have to address as part of the overall picture (with regards to government activity/involvement as mentioned above), but they are I think of a lesser priority. None the less, I would like to see us re-establish embassies with other regions and get updates out to them, to put TEP back into the interregional spotlight that it belongs in.

And, as for pink horses, pink is not my colour and I don’t like horses, so I’m afraid I would have them rounded up and shot.

— Begin quote from ____

— End quote

Certainly, one of my first measures if elected would be to replace the lighting in all government property with proper -dripping wax- candles, for that gloomy old-school look. Also I would commission the building of a dark, eerie throne room complete with swiveling throne and bottomless pits without proper guardrails. I apologise if this would not go far enough for you but I’m afraid that an era of darkness will not be part of my manifesto. It makes doing the paperwork damned difficult.

If there are no more questions, will we be able to move to the vote soon?

— Begin quote from ____

If there are no more questions, will we be able to move to the vote soon?

— End quote

I agree

Here’s a question: should the legislative “establish” the office, based on the initial idea/guidelines set forth by myself, or should I, as delegate, simply establish the office under executive privilege? Either way, I would like to fully put something in writing before electing someone to office.

Edit: I’m also wondering, as this is a relatively-high executive office, should there be a separation between the branches, to avoid conflicts of interest resulting from simultaneous occupancy of a position in two or more branches?

— Begin quote from ____

Here’s a question: should the legislative “establish” the office, based on the initial idea/guidelines set forth by myself, or should I, as delegate, simply establish the office under executive privilege? Either way, I would like to fully put something in writing before electing someone to office.

Edit: I’m also wondering, as this is a relatively-high executive office, should there be a separation between the branches, to avoid conflicts of interest resulting from simultaneous occupancy of a position in two or more branches?

— End quote

I would say let the legislative branch establish the office. I feel that would show that the government works together and not both trying to do their own thing, which can lead to conflict(s).

I would think that a separation of powers would be needed. Would prevent someone to hold two high level positions, while letting lower members to run for higher, yet leaving their former post. I do hope the end part made sense; if not I can clarify.

Legally speaking, under the current Charter, the simplest route would be for you to establish the office using executive privilege. As, I believe, constitutional reform has to be one of the priorities for the MA and whoever takes office I think that the simplest and quickest route is the best for the time being.