The Crescent - News from Packilvania (Open to Syndication)

THE CRESCENT
NEWS FROM PACKILVANIA
03 OCTOBER 2022

THE SULTAN IS UNWELL
FUKRAM WASAIL
OPEN LETTER FROM THE SULTAN
H.I.M. SULTAN NAMDUN III

The Regent of Packilvania, His Imperial Highness, Prince Thumim, has announced that the Sultan of Packilvania and King of Drakkengard, His Royal and Imperial Majesty, Namdun III, is unwell. He has been announced to be experiencing breathing difficulties due to a bacterial infection. The public is invited to join the Royal Family for prayer at the Temple of the Authority and majhids will be holding prayer services for the Sultan every day.

My subjects,

As it may have been announced: I am unwell but fighting; no sickness formed against me shall prosper (do not mind my paraphrasing from the Bas Magdamar). The doctors are doing a splendid job looking after my health so worry not my people, your Sultan is in safe hands. I thank my family for being with me during this time. Most of all, I want to thank my son, Prince Thumim, for looking after the country in my absence. He has done a splendid job and accomplished much in the time he has been in charge. His love for and dedication to you, my people, is unyielding and he works tirelessly to defend our borders and protect our interests abroad in my stead. I also want to thank his brother Abuyin for supporting him in his work. I have been receiving your letters and while I cannot reply to all of them, my heart is warmed by your love for me. I love you all, my people, and will be praying for you as I am sure you pray for me.

UNITED MALORDIA STATE VISIT
FUKRAM WASAIL
CONTROVERSY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF BINGOL
PAJEER DUHAVID

The Department of Foreign Affairs announced yesterday that an official state visit from United Malordia is expected over the coming days. Deputy Crown Prince Abuyin will be leading the discussions on behalf of Packilvania while the United Malordian President is expected to represent his nation. The talks are expected to cover issues relating to trade and economic cooperation. These talks are expected to yield favourable trade relations with the Gondwanan nation.
The Vice Chancellor of the University of Bingol, Prof Dulwan Asman, has been embroiled in a scandal with the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Teaching and Learning, Gariela Opdan where she has accused him of bullying in an open letter to the University Senate and she has threatened to resign pending direct intervention from the Patron, Princess Yadika Bedon. The Princess has summoned both officials to her office to hear their respective reports.

PRESIDENT OF UNITED MALORDIA ADDRESSES THE LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL
FUKRAM WASAIL
NUCLEAR EXPLOSION REACTION PLAN ANNOUNCED
PAJEER DUHAVID

His Excellency, President Susanto Sudjawardia has addressed the Legislative Council. He stated that he hopes that relations between Packilvania and United Malordia can continue to grow and improve. The address comes after talks between the President and His Imperial Highness, Deputy Crown Prince Abuyin regarding trade between our two nations. Talks will continue tomorrow and Prince Abuyin and President Sugjawardia are expected to deliver a joint press conference.
The Minister of Energy has unveiled an updated version of the Nuclear Explosion Reaction Plan. The plan provides guidelines for the evacuation of settlements near nuclear power stations which undergo a meltdown. It specifies the procedures to be undertaken as well as preventative measures such as the construction requirements for housing, training and other measures.

17 October 2022
NEW URBAN ASSOCIATIONS LAW ISSUED FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
FUKRAM WASAIL RENEWABLE ENERGY STIMULUS FUND TO BE ESTABLISHED
PAJEER DUHAVID
The office of the Minister of Home Affairs has announced that it is asking for public comment on the first draft of the Urban Homeowners’ Associations Bill. The proposed legislation states that the government intends on the following:

[ul]*]Owners of houses in cities will be allowed form associations.
*]These associations must register with the government,
*]Associations may charge fees to fund their internal operations,
*]Associations may only encompass and area within an urban district,
*]Fees must not arbitrarily exclude owners of houses in their areas of their jurisdiction,
*]Homeowners associations may recommend rates, levees and other initiatives and programs, and submit complaints from their members to the local government.
*]Homeowners associations may establish and elect members to a supervisory and representative Committee to administer the affairs of the association in line with its founding provisions.
*]The mayor shall appoint representatives from Homeowners’ Associations to form Homeowners’ Advisory Committee to advise the local government on policy issues. [/ul]
The Bill is available on the government website and responses can be sent to the Department of Home Affairs via the following email address: lelaheedaleshugul@muvaba.gov.pax Ministers for Finance and Energy have announced that a fund of 6 trillion PXD (50 billion KRB) has been to fund projects to encourage private sector-led renewable technology development projects. This includes the manufacture of solar panels, wind turbines, industrial renewable energy storage batteries etc. The government says that the money will come from the diversion of subsidies from coal and petroleum energy producers as well as loans taken from the Industrial and Commercial Bank of Packilvania.

The government has also stated that it is offering tax cuts of 30% of the tax rate for companies which produce renewabke energy technology. Furthermore, the new law restricts local governments from preventing renewable energy projects through zoning and permits by centralising the power to approve and allocate land for renewable energy projects to the National Renewable Energy Development Office to be led by Director Rahaad Fujwaal.

TRIGGER WARNING: CONTAINS CONTENT ABOUT SEXUAL ORIENTATION AND GENDER IDENTITY DISCRIMINATION THAT SOME READERS MIGHT FIND UNSETTLING. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

19 October 2022
DEVIANT SEXUAL IDENTITIES AMENDMENT BILL PUT FOR PUBLIC COMMENT
FUKRAM A WASAIL
LUKHANONTAWAHAL ALENAZRASHALVISHME LENELAKHTASHALVISHME ALUJINS LUHADRAM ALERAY AMESHUGUL

The Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister for Women’s Affairs, Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Princess Yadika of Packilvania and Drakkengard has announced that the government has drafted the (Deviant Sexual Identities) Criminal Law Amendment Act and that it is available for public comment on the website of the Office of the Prime Minister. The act is planned to end the death penalty for “sexually deviant expressions and identities” which in other countries include but are not limited to transgender, homosexuals and the like. Instead, the act calls for replacing the death penalty with voluntary conversion treatment and/or renunciation of deviant sexual identities, or banishment. This comes after 3-year long consultations with the Forum of Magisters for Personal Family Law approved by the Council of Great Magisters.

The Great Magisters for Rigaryat-Gezer, Fidakar and Ukanar-Kemer, Yebehed Faduheed, Axatuhal Mudawaheen and Yashuhad Mudawaheen respectively issued the Opinion entitled “On Forgiveness for Sins Against Nature of the Individual and His Self-expression and Identity”. They suggested that personal acts such as “identifying as a gender which is incongruent with the gender identity assigned at birth with respect to sex and harbouring urges to deviate in expected expression and behaviour such as heterosexual romantic relations” are not inherently permanent and thus through concerted effort can be altered. As such, they suggested that executing such people was taking away the opportunity for the Assimilation of those who would otherwise have converted at some point in their lives. This was followed by the Magisterial Forum for Personal Family Law issuing a statement in support of the opinion and opening discussions with the state. After acceding as Regent, Prince Thumim suspended the enforcement of the death penalty for crimes relating to “deviant sexual identities” as defined by the( Deviant Sexual Identities) Criminal Law Act pending the completion of discussions with the relevant bodies.

Comments from the public via the email lelaheedshugul@famiya.rayeesgur.gov.pax are required by 31 October 2022.
muVazeer weluVazeeryat amuRayeesgur aleNaws ameFamiya, muWaluf muShahitishme nadine muMamlukumishme, Mamlukumnelea Yadika mukhamnam lusuvraaniyat luqalmam luKhanon aluTawahal alu Shureeh aluHidaad (leNazrashalvishme aleNelakhtashalvishme aluJins) nadine luarud lumutawafirapor leshugul lerayha welulakhat aluyintirnit aluVazeeryat amuRayeesgur.

luKhanon luxan khalubadla lueiqab lumawat yeleyijra ledawah alutawahal, lutanazul alenazrashalvishme lehidaad oor luxitarifiyazayeen. Luarud lufutar letamkamayan leyoor letaar aluMijhaliyaray aleMakhees aluShureeh aleBayeet nadine leShugul (oluarud luqablam luMijhalis ameMakhees meBas).

meMakhees meBas aRigaryat-Gezer, Yebehed Faduheed, Fidakar, Axatuhal Mudawaheen nadine Ukanar-Kemer, Yashuhad Mudawaheen, meqalma luray: “weluGafira aleHidaad leAkhansta luBidhamloheem yemuShugul nadine luNazrashalvishme nadine luNafadhishme aDhun.” Dhuqalmam leeamil amushugul mumithal “munazrashalvas mujins mumuhadha mujins muihtiramam aluwilada welujinsbidhamloheem nadine muhifzas lerakheebgur leyarada lenafadhishme lebidhamloheem nadine lebehade lemithal lezawija alejinsdushisme” nelekhronbonoon luatarafar luqadra lutawahal.

meQalmam lumawtafiya ameshugulmithal luhiyay lupramaaniftah aluAshamiliya yemeqa metawahal welukhronikht alehayah aishne. Oluarud luyadhaabfutaram luMijhaliyaray ameMakhees aluShureeh aleBayeet nadine meShugul luqalmam luKhaman lujimya luray nadine letamkamayan leaye lusuvraaniyat.luFutar luyasdea adhun, muMamlukmne Thumim muhiyayqasiram luraysafiya aluKhanon aluShureeh aleHidaad (leNazrashalvishme nadine leNafadhishme leNelakhtashalvishme aluJins) lutilha lehiyay aletamkamayan.

Leray amuyumah leyadhaab leyajib welurisala aluyintirnit lelaheedshugul@famiya.rayeesgur.gov.pax letilha lusool-dasht-na-shvaan aKharaat.

https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/52127/202210/408_5ce681658dd589dcf254f2deeac17f69.png?Expires=1666621604&Signature=Fl5vhqtcgV6RtiYUObbNyv5Zv3Tua63q3FeMku1dPKTt0O1r1aHxHBHp2diueaZKJC7xbAhN84yEANK0NzjXt28HXWvhHRA-coGEEchsvzPCD2~3sj4OU9zSfVbnsXN~dxnKR5KWjNRk22-soIaF4gd6AkkrPt2EpF7sSiqHEXkI1nutZN1RsexFN~sRVOKiizeSyZTalt-SoHS-dMpLsK-hkNlfx2ryf~10kRi3HO6hOVE8QlQg2TWTaNP2yKL-bEM2XYpNcs3okimJSiwYPTzLF93g27vsqDLLCYyvozmXTeA90Jnv6Ld9nNvRAbO8OO6sGOP8GOEPMd-w4LJ-fg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS72YROXJYGYDADA
6 OCTOBER 2022
[hr]

EXPLOSION IN BINGOL AND OTHER NEWS
FUKRAM WASAIL

EXPLOSION

Minutes ago, there was an explosion over 100m from Behayeen Bridge (or Overpass), which is over Gurion Bedon Road. The government is still investigating the cause, but they suspect that the explosion might have been caused by a gas leak.

The Bingol Local Government has announced that the Behayeen Bridge will be closed and the area within a 200m radius will be closed to the public until further notice.

Furthermore, the Bingol Local Government has announced that the section of Gurion Bedon Road near the Behayeen Bridge I.e., namely between that road’s intersections with Salamina Dohal Street and Anshalia Bedon Boulevard will be closed to the public for the foreseeable future. The government will assess the damage and investigate the cause of the explosion. Traffic to the Bingol Downtown will be re-routed via Tohadan Rubeen Road.

ROYAL PALACE CLOSED

The Bingol Royal Palace and Temple of the Authority Complex will be closed to the public pending an announcement from the Imperial Court. Tickets for tours at the complex can be redeemed for a different date on their website but please keep an eye on their website for further information.

CHECKPOINTS ESTABLISHED AND CURFEW ENACTED

The city has announced that checkpoints have been set up around the city and police will be inspecting vehicles, checking vehicle registration numbers and driver’s licenses. Furthermore, a curfew of 21H00 will be imposed with immediate effect on the the districts attached in the appendix to this article for safety reasons.

CONSTRAINED INTERNET ACCESS DUE TO MAINTENANCE
Finally due to unrelated maintenance on the Internal Internet Security Structure, Internet access in the districts within a 2 kilometres radius of Behayeen Bridge will be constrained.

The Bingol Local Government would like to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by these measures.

https://attachment.tapatalk-cdn.com/52127/202210/408_5ce681658dd589dcf254f2deeac17f69.png?Expires=1666621604&Signature=Fl5vhqtcgV6RtiYUObbNyv5Zv3Tua63q3FeMku1dPKTt0O1r1aHxHBHp2diueaZKJC7xbAhN84yEANK0NzjXt28HXWvhHRA-coGEEchsvzPCD2~3sj4OU9zSfVbnsXN~dxnKR5KWjNRk22-soIaF4gd6AkkrPt2EpF7sSiqHEXkI1nutZN1RsexFN~sRVOKiizeSyZTalt-SoHS-dMpLsK-hkNlfx2ryf~10kRi3HO6hOVE8QlQg2TWTaNP2yKL-bEM2XYpNcs3okimJSiwYPTzLF93g27vsqDLLCYyvozmXTeA90Jnv6Ld9nNvRAbO8OO6sGOP8GOEPMd-w4LJ-fg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJS72YROXJYGYDADA
23 OCTOBER 2022

GOVERNMENT REPS TO SIT ON BOARDS OF RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS
FUKRAM WASAIL
1 BILLION VACCINATION MILESTONE REACHED
PAJEER DUHAVID

Prince-Regent Thumim has signed the Loyalty to the Crown Act into law which states that the Crown shall appoint one representative to sit on the boards of the bodies of legally recognised minority religions. This representative shall have the right to vote on the body’s highest decision-making committee, present motions, attend meetings, and be privy to internal communications and documents.

The Minister of Home Affairs, the responsible minister for introducing the Bill stated that the purpose of the Bill is to ensure that public funds allocated to religious minorities are managed effectively and to maintain a direct line of communication with the government. Furthermore, such representatives act to ensure that religious minorities remain loyal to the Crown and conform to the prevailing values and norms of Packilvanian society. Failure to comply with the act may result in the revocation of recognised status.
The Minister of Health has announced that Packilvania has officially accomplished Phase 3 of the Vax 1B campaign. The Vax 1B campaign is a long running campaign of the government to vaccinate over 1 billion people against communicable diseases namely typhoid fever, measles, mumps, papilloma virus, hepatitis, polio, smallpox, leprosy, immune deficiency virus, and hemorrhagic fever virus. It is by far, the largest vaccination drive in the history of Urth. Children are required to be inoculated and parents face fines and imprisonment for refusing to have their children immunised.

Additionally the government sent nurses and health professionals to remote villages and informal settlements around the nation to ensure that this milestone was reached. To ensure the continued success of these immunisations, the government continues to encourage sanitation and contraception. We thank our government for taking care of us! And we continue to wish our Sultan and the Prince Regent well in their continued fight to end the scourge of communicable diseases.

THE CRESCENT
NEWS FROM PACKILVANIA
28 OCTOBER 2022

PROCESSED FOOD SAVED MILLIONS FROM MALNUTRITION ILKHAM GANUEL RISE OF FEMALE-ONLY SPACES KHELMAD FADRUWAM URBAN ASSOCIATIONS GREEN LIT HARBEEN SULMAHAN
As a highly populated country with a largely arid territory and prone to droughts and flooding, Packilvania struggled to feed its booming population in the 20th century. One of the means deployed to facilitate food security and end the tyranny of malnutrition-induced diseases like kwashiorkor and rickets was processed food. Processed food such as canned meat, reinforced rice etc., were imbibed with artificial nutrients and plant proteins to provide more nutrition per unit of food. Processed foods were especially favoured because of their relatively low cost and high nutrient density. This gave rise to the foods becoming popular not only among the poor but among the rich as well. A longitudinal study from the Sultana Zulayka Women’s University shows that the drop in malnutrition and the rise in processed food are directly correlated. One of the most striking areas in the country is the Sultana district in Bingol because it is dominated and almost entirely populated by women. It houses a university, nunnery, museum and hospital dedicated to women as well as the Sultana’s Palace which is notoriously free from men. Such spaces accompany the proliferation of parallel institutions and structures dedicated to catering for the needs and espousing the interests of women in Packilvania in a complementary fashion to those already well-established and rightfully under the leadership of men. The Magisterium has expressed support for more areas such as these as creating spaces for the fairer sex as well as protecting men from inappropriate desires for them. Following the conclusion of public consultations, the Prince-Regent has signed into law a bill that will allow homeowners to form associations to represent their interests. The structures can be registered with local authorities as non-profit organisations. Members will be restricted to homeowners in communities. These associations will be able to make recommendations on development and raise public service issues with the local government. Further developments are in the pipeline to give these associations more power in decision-making in their communities as part of broader reforms in local governance being pursued by the national government.

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

10 January 2023

PRINCE ABUYIN RESIGNS FROM THE COUNCILS OF STATE AND MINISTERS

Fukram Wasail

The Imperial Court at the Bingol Royal Palace has announced that His Imperial and Royal Highness, Prince Abuyin, has resigned from his position as the Special Advisor to the Sultan, a ministerial-level position in the Council of Ministers of Packilvania, as a member of the Council of State of Packilvania, and as the President of the Council of State of Drakkengard with immediate effect. The Imperial Court announced that His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Sultan and King of Packilvania and Drakkengard, Thumim V, has accepted his resignation.

According to the statement from the Imperial Court, the Prince resigned due to personal reasons. The statement further adds that the Sultan is deeply saddened by the Prince's resignation but wishes him all the best in his future endeavours. The statement from the Imperial Court goes on to add that Prince Abuyin has been a valuable and indispensable member of the national executive who has provided support to the Sultan when he was the Regent and who led foreign negotiations and crisis response, most notably discussions with United Malordia. The Sultan has announced that the position of the Special Advisor and his seat in the Council of State will remain vacant while Princess Yadika will be appointed as the first female President of the Drakken Council of State.

The Prince will continue serving as a senior member of the Imperial Family and will enjoy a ministerial pension.

1 Like

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania 12 January 2023

MINISTER OF HOME AFFAIRS RESIGNS

Fukram Wasail

In a spate of high-profile resignations, the Imperial Court at the Bingol Royal Palace has announced that Prince Imayad has resigned as the Minister of Home Affairs. Following from Prince Abuyin’s resignation only a couple of days ago, Prince Imayad tendered his resignation to the Sultan after soliciting the counsel of Prince Luwadeen, the Prime Minister.

The Minister has served as a member of the government for several years. During that time he introduced a number of reforms surrounding population registration, worker rights, pensions and social welfare payments and services. Seeking to spend more time with his family and pursue his hobbies, his resignation takes effect immediately.

The Imperial Court announced that Princess Yadika will be taking over as the interim Minister of Home Affairs.

YOUNG BLOOD NEEDED AMONG PUBLIC OFFICIALS

Pajeer Duhavid

The newly appointed interim Minister of Home Affairs, Yadika Bedon has announced that she has approved a report prepared on the instruction of Sultan Thumim V when he was serving in his capacity as the Regent of Packilvania, that examined the age of senior public officials in provincial and local governments.

This report found that despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of the population is under 35 years old (the oldest age for recognition as a young person), most public officials in senior positions were at least 60 years old. Additionally, it found that most of them were in office for at least 15 years. Moreover, many of them had fought in the Second Packilvania Civil War.

Although the report acknowledged the important role played by experienced politicians and public officials in liberating the country from communist rule and introducing unprecedented economic growth, the journey of the nation required younger leaders to steer the country through the turbulence of the demographic transition and climate change.

Princess Yadika, in her first act as the acting minister, approved the report, which recommended the drafting of new legislation to introduce term limits and retirement age for senior politicians. The report is currently being reviewed by the Council of Ministers who will debate the report and its implications in their upcoming meeting.

1 Like

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

10 January 2023

PROVINCIAL GOVERNORS CALL FOR UNITY IN GOVERNMENT

Fukram Wasail

The governors of the provinces have published a joint open letter to the Sultan calling for the Bedonite dynasty to be united for the good of the nation. The letter reads as follows:

"Your Imperial Majesty,

We write to you to call for unity in the Bedonite dynasty. Out family was at the forefront of the 10 year Civil War whereby the evil government of the Communists was usurped. Through the benevolent and spiritually guided leadership of Amhoud I and many of our family, we led the Carriers of Mercy and established a state ruled by the law of the Hive, a government granted authority by Noi Herself.

It is thus unbecoming of the Sultan and the Heir to the Throne to squabble in court over political positions. As the head of the dynasty, we call on the Sultan to address the serious grievances expressed by His Imperial Highness, Prince Abuyin in an amicable manner.

The state of the Council of Ministers is in total disarray. The recent appointment of women to key posts, puts in question the extent to which the government can make decisions as we all know women tend to be excessively contemplative and indecisive. Secondly, the fact that two senior members of the executive branch have resigned in the past few days demonstrates that there is instability and a lack of leadership emanating from the Crown.

The recent report approved by the Minister of Home Affairs regarding a mandatory retirement age and term limits for provincial and local leaders makes hideous recommendations. As the Provincial governors we have been instrumental leaders in guiding this nation and enforcing its laws. Under our collective leadership, the nation has combated and triumphed over disease, economic stagnation and poverty.

As such, we would like to have meeting between ourselves and you to discuss the way forward.

In obedience to the Crown,
Prince Juber of Ukanar
Prince Uhayed of Kharyat
Prince Isham of Rigaryat
Prince Idesh of Ashura
Prince Elam of Mekedesh
Prince Jibrael of Jumhurikesh"

1 Like

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

16 January 2023

NEW BOARD AND EDITOR FOR THE CRESCENT

Emaril Sukhaldeen

Editor and Chief Writer for the Crescent, Fukram Wasail has resigned and the Board of of the Crescent has been dismissed, following the publication of a highly inappropriate and unacceptable letter from 6 provincial governors.

A new board has been appointed and Pajeer Duhavid has been named the Editor and Chief Writer. Having served the Crescent for over a decade and as a journalist for even longer, he brings a wealth of experience and professionalism to the role.

MINISTER OF JUSTICE RESIGNS

Pajeer Duhavid

The Minister of Justice, Prince Duwal, has resigned, following the resignations of Prince Imayad and Prince Abuyin.

Although the Minister has served in the government for years, his legacy is stained by his history working for the Packilvanian Communist Party under one of the Politburo Commissars. Additionally, he has been known for expressing anachronistic, atheistic and troublingly sexist views.

His time in office saw a failure in the police force due to mismanagement and corruption that led to the attempted assassination of our Sultan. His resignation is a welcome respite, as the Sultan applies his mind to the appointment of a replacement. The Imperial Court has stated that the Sultan intends on appointing someone who will be tough on criminals and ensure that the people enjoy justice and freedom. The Minister of Public Safety will be the acting Minister of Justice pending the appointment of a replacement.

ELECTRICITY CUT TO BINGOL

Isman Muslameen

The Provincial Minister of Energy of Mekedesh has announced that due to an accident at the Furmeed Coal Power Station, the Mekedesh Electricity Corporation will be forced to constrain the supply of power to the capital region until repairs on the power generator can be completed. He announced that the repairs will take several days.

Because Mekedesh is currently at capacity, other power stations will be unable to redirect additional power to Bingol to make up for the electricity deficiency, leaving the Umhad Nuclear Power Station as the base supplier of power to the city. Residents are urged to reduce their electricity consumption and to brace for a schedule of rotating power cuts.

Minister of Energy, Prince Udahid will be coordinating with neighbouring provinces to assist in making up the electricity shortfall and will work with the Mekedesh Electricity Corporation to get generation capacity back online.

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

18 January 2023

PACKILVANIA KICKED OUT OF COYBIAF

Pajeer Duhavid

Packilvania's national men's football team, the Scimitars, are no longer proceeding to the round of 16 of the COYBIAF Continental Cup as such it will not qualify for the ICAF World Cup to be hosted in Nystatiszna. The team finished at the bottom of Group F with 2 points after losing 3-0 to Asendavia and drawing 1-1 with Nakosa. Coach Sulmeen Kharnoud stated that the team played well but had a lot of preparation to do for the next COYBIAF Continental Cup. Kharnoud's future as the coach is undecided as the Board of the Packilvanian Football Cup decides on reforms required to achieve the country's goals of qualifying for the world cup.

MEKEDESH SHUTS DOWN ROADS TO BINGOL

Temadek Arkhan

The government of Mekedesh has claimed that it has received a tip-off from an anonymous but reliable source that an unnamed terrorist syndicate planned on attacking motorists crossing into Bingol and has decided to shut down 12 highways leading into Bingol. This will sever the export and import of goods and services and the flow of people.

When Minister of State Security, Prince Lohadek, held a press briefing this morning, he stated that the Mekedesh Police had not yet submitted a report with clear evidence regarding the quarantine. He stated that if the Provincial Commissioner for the Mekedesh Police Service did not provide his department with a report regarding the purported security threat by midnight today, the Minister of Transport would issue an order to end the quarantine. The Sultan has summoned the Governor of Mekedesh to Bingol to explain the situation.

This comes on top of the electricity cuts to Bingol announced by the Mekedesh government two days ago. Bingol citizens will be facing shortages of essential goods and power and many will be unable to visit family or go to work across the border. According to Prince Lohadek, Mekedesh Police are acting beyond their powers as only the central government can issue an order to close interprovincial roads.

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

19 January 2022

TRANSPORT MINISTER ORDERS ROADS TO OPEN

Temadek Arkhan

The Minister of Transport, Prince Isakhar, has ordered the Mekedesh government to open the roads leading to Bingol and has given them a deadline of midday, today. The Minister of Public Safety, Duchess Mawara of Tashkar has stated that she will issue an order to the Provincial Commissioner to remove their police forces from the roads if the closure of the roads does not end by the stated time.

MEKEDESH GOVERNMENT TO REQUEST URGENT INTERDICT OF MINISTER'S ORDER

Isman Furdeel

The Mekedesh government has approached the Mekedesh High Court to request an interim order to interdict the enforcement of the order issued by the Minister of Transport on an urgent basis. According to the spokesperson for the Mekedesh government, the Provincial Advocate-General has already filed papers to the Court which has scheduled an appearance for 8 o’ clock this morning. Newly appointed judge Wasoon will be judge presiding.

INSPECTORS DENIED ENTRY TO ALLEGEDLY DAMAGED POWER PLANT

Boskhul Dolminion

The Inspectors sent by the Office of the Energy Inspectorate in the Department of Energy have been denied entry to the Furmeed Coal Power Station which allegedly broke down and was being repaired. The Mekedesh Energy Corporation claims that the officials in question did not present the appropriate and required credentials as dictated by Ministerial Orders persuant to the inspection of Energy facilities. The Minister of Energy has issued an order to the Mekedesh Electricity Corporation to allow officials entry. Unsurprisingly, the Mekedesh Electricity Corporation has filed an application to interdict the order. Judge Wasoon will be judge presiding.

FIXED TERMS AND RETIREMENT ACT OPEN FOR PUBLIC COMMENT

Ansalir Usman

Acting Minister of Home Affairs, Princess Yadika, has put the first draft of the Fixed Terms and Retirement Act for public comment. The act fixes the term of senior provincial office holders in the executive branch to 5 year terms renewable once. The officials in question cannot continue serving in their positions until the Sultan appoints them to another term. Secondly, once public officials reach the age of 65, their term ends. The Sultan may renew their terms should he choose. This act would mean that all Governors excluding the Governors of the Imperial Cities of Bingol, Subakil, Gezer and Kemer, and the Provinces of Fidakar, Iganar and Shakar would have their terms terminated on the granting of imperial assent. Comments will be open until Sunday afternoon, I.e., the 22nd of January, 2022.

NEW JUDGES APPOINTED TO MEKEDESH HIGH COURT

Desman Jubeel

Persuant to a letter that Judge Mafidek Darkhan of the Mekedesh High Court sent to to the Judge President of the Mekedesh High Court, Judge Darkhan will be taken an extended leave due to health reasons. Based on recommendations by the Provincial Commission for Judicial Appointments, the Sultan has appointed Judge Farmahad Wasoon to assume Judge Darkan’s seat with immediate effect until the end of his leave.

1 Like

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

20 January 2022

JUDGE DISMISSES MEKEDESH GOVERNMENT APPLICATIONS

Pajeer Duhavid

Judge Farmahad Wasoon has dismissed urgent applications by the Mekedesh Electrical Corporation and the Mekedesh government to interdict the enforcement of the orders issued by the Ministers of Energy and Transport respectively to allow national inspectors into the Furmeed Coal Power Station and open the roads leading from Mekedesh into Bingol respectively.

The Judge ruled that the actions of the Mekedesh Electrical Corporation were unlawful and a flagrant violation of the Electricity Supply and Regulation Act through their refusal to comply with an instruction from the Minister of Energy and dismissed the case with costs. Furthermore, the Judge ruled that the closure of roads by the Mekedesh government on the basis of unverified security fears was a violation of the National Interprovincial Road Transport Act and that their failure to provide a report to the Minister of State Security and get approval from his department was a violation of the National Combatting of Terrorism Act and dismissed their cases with costs.

Persuant to his verdict, the government of Mekedesh is ordered to comply with the orders issued by the national government.

GOVERNOR OF MEKEDESH REFUSES TO MEET WITH SULTAN

Desman Jubeel

Prince Elam of Mekedesh has asked the Imperial Court to be excused from his meeting with the Sultan so that he could direct his government to comply with the instructions of the Ministers heretofore mentioned. The Prince stated that his government is still studying the instructions from the Ministers as well as the order from the High Court and exploring possibilities to implement and enforce those instructions. He did state, however, that his government will appeal this decision to the Supreme Court.

The Imperial Court has stated that failure to comply with the order issued by the Sultan will result in immediate action. The Imperial Court did not state what that action would entail. According to the law, the possibilities open to the Crown include dismissing or suspending the Governor, or instituting legal action against him to bring him to compliance with an imperial instruction. The Imperial Court stated that failure to comply with the Sultan’s instruction would to dealt with severely.

PREPARATIONS FOR CORONATION UNDERWAY

Ansalir Usman

The Imperial Court has announced that preparations for the Coronation and Wedding of Sultan Thumim V and Duchess Saga of Tynam on 23 and 24 January 2022 are well underway. The Temples of the Restoration and of the Authority in Adrien (Ashura) and Bingol respectively are ready to house the thousands of nobles, distinguished guests and foreign dignitaries who are expected to be in attendance.

The Coronation and Wedding will be an unusual yet not unprecedented and much-welcome combination of two marvellous events. Firstly, the Sultan and Duchess will take their vows and seal their marriage according to the laws of the realm and then they will be Crowned by the Supreme Magister of Paxism and take their customary oath of office. The Sultan is expected to wear the Imperial State Crown, which is arguably one of the heaviest and most bejeweled headdresses among royalty while the Duchess will wear the Sultana’s Imperial Crown last worn by Sultana Mebri.

2 Likes

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

21 January 2022

EXECUTIVE OF MEKEDESH ELECTRICITY CORPORATION FIRED

Pajeer Duhavid

The Chief Executive Officer, Chairman and Board of the Mekedesh Electricity Corporation have been fired by order of Minister for Public Enterprises, Princess Zulayka.

Interim CEO and Chairman, Shabar Nefaz has been appointed to lead the organisation. He formally worked as the Chief Financial Officer of the Packilvanian Coal and Gas Corporation before retiring at the age of 57. On the request of Princess Zulayka he has returned to stabilise the company.

The Imperial government accuses the executive leadership of the company of trying to undermine the supply of power to the citizens of Bingol and foment public anger and subvert the working of the national government and preparations for the Coronation.

The Department of Public Enterprises is currently drafting legislation that will transfer control of the Mekedesh Electricity Corporation from the Mekedesh provincial government to the Imperial government.

MEKEDESH GOVERNOR DISMISSED, ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH TREASON

Ansalir Usman

The Governor of Mekedesh, Prince Elam, has been dismissed from his post with immediate effect. Acting Governor Prince Nakhim, the Duke of Seerahel and husband to Princess Zulayka, has been appointed in his stead.

The Mekedesh Imperial Procuratorate has charged Prince Elam with treason and he has been detained by the Mekedesh Police Service. He is currently awaiting a bail hearing on 5 February 2023 and is being detained at the King Yamud V of Meked Low Security Correctional Facility in Mekedesh.

The charges against him are that he attempted to undermine and unseat the government by cutting power and the movement of people and supply of goods by road into and out of Bingol.

MEKEDESH PROVINCIAL POLICE COMMISSIONER FIRED

Desman Jubeel

Provincial Commissioner for the Mekedesh Police Service, Khemad Basoon, has been dismissed from his position by Minister of Public Safety, Duchess Mawara of Tashkar with immediate effect. He is accused of assisting Prince Elam to close the roads.

He is also under investigation as an accessory and/or co-conspirator. Behad Nomsadoon has been appointed as the Commissioner of Police in his place.

NATIONAL GOVERNMENT TAKES OVER ROADS IN MEKEDESH

Marhad Shugeer

The Imperial Department of Transport will be taking over the management of interprovincial High ways by order of Prince Isakhar, the Minister of Transport. Furthermore the Provincial Transport department is being investigated for its role in the road closures and senior officials namely the Provincial Minister of Transport, Countess Harmouda has been dismissed from her office.

This includes management of checkpoints, traffic monitoring and other services. Over 58,000 traffic officials are either on mandatory leave or have been reassigned to intra provincial roads.

1 Like

THE CRESCENT

News from Packilvania

22 January 2023

GOVERNORS LOSE THEIR JOBS AS FIXED TERMS AND RETIREMENT AGES

Pajeer Duhavid

The Provincial Governance Reform Act has been passed by Parliament and granted Imperial Assent By His Imperial Majesty, the Sultan, formally introducing a mandatory retirement age of 65 and terms of 5 years for Provincial and Imperial City Governors. The law states that the Sultan may reappoint a Governor who has reached the retirement age or who has exceeded the two term limit. However, what the law does is that the tenure of governors automatically end when they reach the retirement age or their terms expire, and a maximum caretaker period of one month is out in place whereby the incumbent governor remains in power as a caretaker until The Sultan appoints a new Governor or renews their time in office.

The Preamble of the Act states that it aims to ensure a predictable and progressive generational transition of the provincial leadership to bring young(er) people to the highest echelons of political power. Furthermore, the act aims to provide Governors with a predictable end to their tenure to ensure effective change management between governors. The bill does not apply to acting governors.

The act applies immediately on assertion and applies to all sitting and future Governors. By the definitions of this act, all Provincial Governors except for Prince Nakhim of Mekedesh, Prince Tubida of Shakar, Prince Rameed of Bingol, Prince Wasim of Kemer, Prince Umkhan of Subakil and Prince Darshan of Gezer. All other Princes have lost their jobs because they were all appointed over 20 years ago or in the case of 3 of them they also go over the age limit.

Prince Khenad replaces Prince Isham in Rigaryat, Prince Qalad replaces Prince Idesh in Ashura, Prince Mubeel replaces Prince Juber in Ukanar, Prince Thahed replaces Prince Uhayed in Kharyat and Prince Yamad replaces Prince Jibrael in Jumhurikesh. Prince Nakhim replaced Prince Elam in Mekedesh yesterday. All new Governors are between the ages of 40 and 60 and represent the 4th generation of Packilvanian leaders. Prince Harim of Iganar and Prince Ludan of Fidakar have been allowed to retain their posts as caretakers until the 21st of February after which the Sultan will decide their futures.

The draft Bill known as the Fixed Terms and Retirement of Senior Provincial Officials Bill, was closed for public comment at midnight 21 January 2023. The law was revised and the submitted to the Council of Ministers of Packilvania by Princess Yadika, the Acting Minister of Home Affairs, at 4 o’ clock in the morning for approval under the name of the Provincial Governance Reform Bill.

Prince Ashal, the Minister of Legislative Affairs, submitted the Bill to the Chairperson of the Legislative Affairs as well as an order from the Sultan to summon the Legislative Council with immediate effect at 8am. As many of the members of the Legislative Council were in Bingol as they would be attending the Coronation, the Chairperson summing them and tasked the Committee on Cooperative Governance to review the act and submit amendments at 12pm. The Committee unanimously adopted the law without revisions and submitted the document to the Chairperson at 4pm who presented it to the Legislative Council for approval.

The Legislative Council adopted the law at 6pm. The act was presented with comments to the Sultan at 8pm who adopted the law at 9pm. The law was published in an unusually late edition of the Government Gazette known as a special addition to the previous edition published in the previous week at midnight.

2 Likes

THE CRESCENT

NEWS FROM PACKILVANIA

5 OCTOBER 2022

ONSHORING VEHICLE ASSEMBLY

Fukram Wasail

The Minister of Transport has announced that through the Export-Import Bank of Packilvania, the government is offering low-interest loans of up to 5 billion KRB to automobile manufacturing companies to build vehicle assembly plants in Packilvania for vehicles sold in the country.

Additionally the government will subsidise 10% of the costs of hiring and training Packilvanians to work in the plants. Furthermore, the government announced that the vehicle Assembly plants will be required to employ 80% Packilvanians in line worker positions and 45% Packilvanians in senior management positions.

Additionally the government has announced that vehicles manufactured outside Packilvania will face a 30% import tariff increase on 1 June 2023. This part of an effort by the state to recoup the billions of kiribs spent on importing vehicles from other nations and provide jobs to the citizens. Packilvania is arguably the largest automobile importing market in the world and is a highly attractive market that companies would be foolhardy at best to forego.

THE CRESCENT

NEWS FROM PACKILVANIA

23 January 2023

FIVE OAN MEN SENTENCED TO HANGING FOR BLASPHEMY

Pajeer Duhavid

Five Oan males aged between 18 and 25 have been sentenced to execution by hanging by the Ilmed Religious Court in Bingol. The five males were apprehended at the Bingol International Airport after being found in possession of anti-Paxist propaganda following an anonymous tip-off. Authorities found egregious insults of the Most Benevolent, and the Saviour on their telephonic devices and a conspiracy to desecrate a religious site. Their sentence is planned to be carried out on Friday.

1 Like

THE CRESCENT

NEWS FROM PACKILVANIA

23 JANUARY 2023

OAN ISLES, PACKILVANIA SIGN EXTRADITION TREATY

Pajeer Duhavid

The Oan Isles and Packilvania have signed an extradition treaty to normalise and regulate the extradition of their citizens who commit crimes within their borders. This Treaty was signed by Sultan Thumim V and Rangitanga-a-te-Moana Oahoanu and is the culmination of years of negotiations between the two nations.

The Treaty will require Packilvania to deport any Oan citizens back to the Oan Isles who commits crimes such as but not limited to deviant sexual identities, sorcery, blasphemy, defamation against the monarchy and government. In return for which the Oan Isles must deport to Packilvania all Oan and Packilvanian citizens who commit crimes in Packilvania but flee to the Oan Isles namely espionage, treason, sedition, senticide, trafficking of bombs and dangerous weapons.

The nations also state that if their citizens commit crimes such as money laundering, fraud, intoxicating substances trafficking, and so on, they will deport their respective citizens to face trial.

Speaking on the sidelines of the ongoing wedding and coronation of Sultan V and Saga of Tynam, Oan Prime Minister Maui Uye-Ahua stated, “This is a major step forward for the protection of our citizens’ fundamental sentient rights in Packilvania. This Treaty has the potential to finally have avenues for our citizens who get charged with repugnant and medieval allegations such as deviant sexual identities to return to our nation. I hope this opens up future discussions with Packilvania about sentient rights and I would encourage other nations to pursue similar steps”.

ATTEMPTED ASSASSIN JASPER RAY TO BE DEPORTED TO PACKILVANIA

Hakim Najdid

The Imperial Procuratorate has announced that Jasper Ray, the former Chief Whip of the Kohatu Liberation Movement, is to be charged with aiding, abetting and conspiring to assassinate Sultan Thumim V last year October during the visit of the United Malordia president.

The Imperial Procuratorate spokesperson revealed that the police and state security services had been investigating Jasper Ray for links to Prince Kujil and found that they were involved in the attempted plot to overthrow the Packilvanian government and assassinate the Sultan. Jasper Ray will be sent to Packilvania to face trial for their actions.

1 Like