The Shiro Academy

((Welcome one, welcome all! Feel free to ask questions on the out-of-character thread http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5227711/1/! This post only contains reference information about Shiro Academy, Tilden Island, etcetera; feel free to just skip down to the next post to get right into it.))

Shiro Academy is a world renowned research university with campuses in Infinite Loop and the Free Pacific States. Founded as a war academy in 1783, Shiro grew to become a diverse educational institution over the next 150 years, and became a formally non-military college in 1953. Packilvania destroyed the Cupertino Campus during the 2005 Packo-Looplite War, prompting the Shiro administration to relocate “temporarily” to Tilden Island in the Free Pacific States. Shiro reopened its Cupertino Campus in 2009, but continued operating its Tilden Campus, which had became quite profitable. Shiro today offers secondary, undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate, and military courses, all world-class, and proudly hosts many of the smartest young minds in the East Pacific, along with the children of many of the most influential families in the East Pacific.

Shiro Academy Tilden is located on Tilden Isle, the tropical Free Pacifican island in the Bay of Joy. The Shiro Academy shares its campus with the University of Tilden, a mid-tier public college. The 40,000 Shiro students dominate the campus, but UT’s 5,000 students possess the advantage of being able to audit Shiro’s classes for free. Tilden University legally owns the campus, and handles all law enforcement, emergency services, facilities, and utilities. The two universities generally operate in harmony, largely by maintaining completely separate apparatuses for housing, academics, and student services separate.

The Shiro-Tilden Campus is absolutely stunning, and well connected, but surrounded by an unsavory area. The Academy is right on the beachfront of the tropical Tilden Island, making it a bright, beautiful place to attend, especially for those that enjoy a good swim. The booming metropolis of Garneldo is just an hour away by car or train (with a intercity train station just off campus), and students can fly anywhere from Garneldo International Airport, or sail anywhere from Garneldo’s booming port. But the Shiro-Tilden Campus is surrounded by abandoned homes left behind after the tech bust of the mid-1990s, and crime is rife in these old houses despite the best efforts of the well-funded University County Sheriff’s Department. Of course, many college students also enjoy booming parties in the shuttered mansions along the coast, despite the threat of being mugged on the way back to campus. Campus itself is quite safe.

The dormitory that serves as the setting for this story is the Wachin Dormitory. A five story structure, Wachin Dormitory is the Southernmost residence hall on the Shiro Academy campus, the closest to the Pacific Ocean, and it faces South towards the ocean. The dormitory features a bath house, located in the courtyard formed by the “L” shaped dormitory, and a parking lot on the North-Western side of the building. A circular driveway is located on the North-Eastern side of the building. There are both singles and doubles on the floor, so students may or may not have a roommate ((by roleplayer choice)). There are only public bathrooms on the floor.

((Please note that the below image is of the fifth floor, where our characters are all going to happen to live. The first floor features a lobby instead of the kitchenette, bathrooms, and communal area. To make up for this, the first floor also features a small computer lab where several rooms would be located, and a small lounge in the place of several other rooms. Please feel free to check out the OOC thread http://theeastpacific.com/topic/5227711/1/.))

Eighteen year old (soon to be nineteen!) Jeymi Harrington looked out the taxi window as the scenery changed. The hour long trip in the cab taking him to his dorm at Shiro Academy.

Hearing the distinctive ring tone of “Pour Some Sugar on Me”, he quickly answers his phone in the Dragonian language with a smile. “Hey Bro.” … … “Yes I’ve landed.” … … “I’m in a taxi on my way to the Wachin Dormitory.” … … “No, no problems with the flight, it was just long, movie sucked talbuk balls.” … … He laughs, “yes, I know, ‘don’t do anything you wouldn’t do’”, … he laughs again… “but Bro, there isn’t nothing you haven’t really done or did not do yet,” he joked.

“Yes, I’ve got a single dorm, no roommates,” he pauses as he listens, “no, it’s on the ocean side, right next to the restrooms, stairs and lift.” … … “Fifth floor.” … … “Will do.” … … “I’ll try to find a Dojo I can work with, hopefully nearby.” … … “Yeah, don’t wanna get rusty.” … … “Yep!” … … “You too.” … … “Give my love to the Family.” … … “Love ya’ too Bro” … … “Laters.” Ending the call, he checks his text messages, answers a few. Seeing one from his ex, sadly shakes his head and deletes it.

Feeling the taxi slow down, he looks up and takes his first look at Shiro Academy. “Beautiful does not do it justice!” he thinks to himself. Eventually the cab stops outside the entrance to Wachin Dormitory. Retrieving his luggage, he payed the driver and giving a generous tip, thanking him for the ride in the Codexian language.

“Well ‘Jey’, y’all a long way from The Grand Duchy of Dragonia,” he whispers to himself softly in Codexian, as he calmly walks to his new life at college. Thinking back to the long road it took to get to this point in his life.

Top 5% of his class in High School, athlete, he played rugby and was on the swim team in the off season. It kept him fit, even though he enjoys the sports, it was not what he wanted to do, just what was expected of him, by his Father. He even ran for class president only because his Father pressured him to. He came close but did not win, which only had his Father disappointed with him. ‘Jey’ did not care, he was really glad he lost, he was not into politics anyway. He preferred his Architectural Engineering/Drafting classes than anything else, and loved his part-time job with the local nursery/landscaper.

When he saw the brochure on Shiro Academy, he jumped at the chance to go to an educational institute other than one in Dragonia. Especially when he saw it had an accredited Architectural Drafting department, and he hoped there might be a landscaper in the area he can get a part-time job with. Even though his family has never hurt for money, he loves planting and growing things, mostly as a hobby.

He applied without his parents (especially his Father’s) knowledge. A few intense weeks of waiting and worrying about it, a reply finally came, he was accepted! He just had to break the news to his parents. After a long intense argument, with the surprising backing of his Mother and Siblings, he won the argument.

Plans where made, finances checked, the day came and he flew out of the Dragonian International Airport in Weyrcliff to Garneldo International Airport on Tilden Isle in the Free Pacific States.

Jeymi Harrington is a human male, standing 6’ 1.5" (without shoes on - 6’2" in shoes for anybody who asks, he jokes), athletic swimmer/runners build type of body. His dark brown/black hair is kept shaved on the sides and back, but very long on top, usually pulled back in a loose tail that reaches his shoulders. He keeps himself clean shaven, but has been thinking of trying to grow a goatee, he has not decided yet. His hazel (green/brown) eyes look out at the world with a calm intensity. He walks with the grace of a dancer (or a martial artist for those who understand the art).

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/ep287Aw.jpg
[/spoiler][edit_reason]verbiage[/edit_reason]

The plane coasted softly to a stop on the runway. The mid-afternoon sky reflected her excitement with a happy shade of azure, sprinkled lightly with the fainting hulls of arriving and departing air vehicles.
A voice speaking Common pulled her eyes away from the window.
“This is your captain speaking. This concludes our trip today, please stay seated until the plane has come to a full stop at the gate. Thank you for choosing Pacifica Air, and we hope you will fly with us again.”
The nearly silent drive to the gate was a short one. She packed her things and was off the plane in a heartbeat.

Graduating secondary school at age 17, Emberwood Coast national Lily Avilah was accepted into Shiro Academy immediately. Her parents were so proud, Papi, a Tuvaltastanian native, and Daddy, an immigrant from Axdel. They’d come to the nation with nothing, and now, even with all their hard work, “the most valuable thing they had was her”. “Although the Telsa convertible is a close second” Papi once joked.

The terminal was packed. Her inner architect screamed at all the inefficiencies in its design and layout. One she’d weaved over to the baggage claim, she snagged her luggage and set out to find a rental car. As it would turn out, a license in Aurora was not the same as a license on Tilden Isle.

Taxi it was, then.

She texted the whole way there.
To her parents. landed safe. on way to school. <3
To her best friend. guy next to me was watching that new Y-Men movie. You won’t believe what happens…
To her favorite teacher. High school crush. Random people on Umblr. Even tried to play Maxémon Whoa (not a strong enough connection though).

The taxi passed through a seedy underdeveloped patch of city, then the academy appeared.

“Whoaa…”

[spoiler] Age
18 “And a half”
Height
1.78m
Hair
Long, red. Usually in her face.
Eyes
Hazel. No, not looking at you. Just gazing off into space.
Race
Human (Some Lupine from Papi’s side)
Financial Status
Eats sleep for breakfast
Major
Architecture and Superstructural Design
Pets
Fox Kit named “Athena”

[/spoiler][edit_reason]Added desc.[/edit_reason]

A plane flew through the air, seeking clearance to land. A person, Andrew Oates, was relaxing in a window seat. He then noticed that the buckle seat belt was on. The airplane had clearance. He was 17 and three-quarters, and was hoping to become part of Tretrid’s air force. He came for the military course, and was a brilliant student, ranking top 3% in his high school.
He buckled the seat belt as the plane descended. The captain carefully and elegantly leveled out the plane’s pitch, so it landed very smoothly. He was now in Tilden. Now for a long wait at the terminal…

A hour later, he was in a cab bound for the Shiro campus there. After he and a few other people left the taxi, the students headed for the Shiro campus. Some people walking with Oates were (of course) playing Maxémon Whoa, and one person caught a Pokachew. Of course, Oates thought that was silly. Then he noticed the full magnitude of the campus.
“Oh my.”
[spoiler]
[th colspan=“2”]About him[/th]Height 5 ft 7
Nationality Tretridian
Age Seventeen and three-quarters years
PetsNone
[/spoiler]

The young teenager at the age of 17 took another look at his watch for the twelfth time since he left the airport, growing anxious as he watched the seconds tick by. On the screen he noticed he could see the reflection of his grey eyes, and in his eyes he could see the reflection of the watch. That much detail fascinated him, but at the same time it made him a little sick. Tyler Ettori shook his head and returned to gazing at the scenery that passed him. The small patches of greenery brought him a little comfort as it reminded him of home even though he was miles away and in a different country.

Tyler pulled out his phone and went over the checklist again to help pass the time. “Bag of clothes… Check. Notebooks… Check. Campus Guide… Check. Sword…” He look at the seat next to him which was occupied by a long object covered in green cloth. He grabbed the bundle and unwrapped it to reveal a long wooden object shaped into a traditional Fortunan sword. He hoped to be allowed to do some practice while on campus. “Check.”

As he placed the sword back onto the seat, he noticed something from the corner of his eye. He looked out the window to see a sign, barely catching the word ‘Shiro’. “Almost there?” To make sure, Tyler brushed back his thick, dark brown hair and leaned forward to ask the driver a question.

“Excuse me,” Tyler asked in Codexian, “how much further until we reach the academy?” The taxi driver, a man in his late 50s, turned to his passenger to answer the question.

“Not long, I’d say, eh, a few more minutes. Say kid, where you from?”

“Oh, uhm, I’m from Fortuna.”

“Uh-huh. Well… Hmm… I heard it’s pretty up there.”

“Yeah, pretty.” Tyler leaned back into his seat, brushing his dark green uniform down. Ever since he stepped off the plane, he felt weird being in such a different society. His grandmother, Rachel Ettori (one of the most powerful people in Fortuna), warned him of how the rest of the world weren’t fond of their country. No one usually gets to leave because of this, so when he was chosen to be the student to represent Fortuna, he was completely caught off guard.

Being one of the top in his class and his relation to a government leader, it was no figure that Tyler was their first choice. At first he was a bit hesitant to accept, but not wanting to let his country down he agreed to go to Shiro Academy. “I mean, it is one of the best schools on Urth apparently. Why would I deny such an opportunity? I might as well make the best of it. I wonder who I’m going to meet. Maybe I can find someone to train with. That would be nice.” Tyler was interrupted from his train of thought by the taxi driver who gestured towards a facility ahead of them.

“Right there, kid. Right there is Shiro Academy.”

“Well it’s a lot different than the picture.”

Alexi Reita slouched half-awake in the back seat of a taxi heading for Shiro campus. The 17 year old is the son of Jargk Reita, the chief overseer of the Axdel Armed Forces, and is considered one of the brightest young minds in all of Axdel. His class performance was nothing radical, though he demonstrated his intellectual capability when he constructed a full, working fusion reactor for his school science fair, which was later shown to be significantly more efficient in producing plasma than all other reactors curated by the Axdel Department of Energy. Alexi immediately caught national attention, and was offered a place at Shiro academy subsidised by the government, which he gladly accepted. Sitting next to him was Zoey Reita, his 19 year old sister who was in her 3rd year at Shiro studying military tactics.

“Wakey wakey sleepyhead!” she jested, nudging Alexi awake, “Were almost at campus and I’m not dragging you to your dorm room!”

“Eh, quit it I’m awake” replied Alexi, rubbing his eyes open, “Its just jet lag, I’ll get over it in a sec.”

“Yeah yeah… anyway, you all caught up on your Codexian?”

“Da, I think es good enough” He answered, in horribly broken English.

“Yeahhh, nearly” She replied questionably, “Don’t worry, you’ll catch it in no time. Oh do you remember your dorm block?”

“umm, its the Wachin one right? on the southern side.”

“Why are you asking me, I wouldn’t know!” She giggled, “Don’t worry about it, you’ll find out soon enough, I think we’re here now.”

Alexi glanced out of the window, and couldn’t resist grinning for a split second.

“Picturesque indeed!” he marvelled, taking in the beautiful scene of Shiro campus before him; he was going to enjoy himself here.

[spoiler][th colspan=“2”]Profile[/th]Age17Height1.92mEyesGreenHairDark Brown, heavy and messyFinancial statusRich enough[/spoiler]

Andrew walked up to the secretary and verified that he was a student. He then asked, “How do I get to floor 5, and how do I chose a dorm?” The secretary gave him directions to the elevator to floor 5.

DING! The elevator doors opened. Andrew walked into his dormitory:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
He saw that it was plain and bare. Andrew, being himself, was not very satisfied with how blank it was. He put up posters of fighter jets and one poster of Tretrid’s Defense Minister Kyle Johnson. He even put up a “No Maxémon Whoa Zone” poster (which also had a crossed out Pokeachew), which could be bought in some stores in Tretrid.

He also got his computer out, which was a slim, compact laptop. Unsurprisingly (for those who are starting to know him) there was a simulator installed on his computer that simulated flying in one of Tretrid’s most prominent fighter aircraft. He played, simulated a combat mission, shot down two planes, almost ejected (in the sim), and landed on an airfield in friendly territory.

Then he explored his campus (with a map of the University of Tilden), and checked out the Floor 1 computer lab. He returned to Floor 5 and started relaxing in his dorm.

After getting to his dorm room, ‘Jey’ immediately opened up the slider to the balcony, letting in a refreshing sea-breeze. He then started unpacked his clothing and put them in the provide closet space and built in drawers. When that was done he took a real good look at his dorm, the bed was fine where it was on the right, but shook his head at how the desk was on the left. He decided to move the desk around so it faced the room, so when he sat at it, his back would be against the wall and he could see out the window easier to the balcony and the spectacular view of the beach and ocean.

Setting up his new laptop and hooking up the printer, both an early birthday gift from his Mother. He made sure he was all hooked into the net with the information he received in his Academy packet. He then pulled out a small plastic case from his luggage, it was the latest SPG-10genP (Solar Power Generator - 10th-generation - portable). He placed it on the window sill, lifting up the photovoltaic panel and tilted it towards the window. “Glad I have an east-facing dorm, this will be able to get the morning sun,” he thinks to himself. Reading the instructions again, to re-familiarize himself on it. “I’ll let Mother know how her design functions in the field after a week of using it,” he decided.

Going back to his luggage, he pulled out a wrapped package. Very carefully unwrapping it, he pulls out a picture frame. Slowly moving his fingers over the people in it. “Father, Mother, Companion Sarri, Joshuan, Jeramy, Lillian, well I’m here,” he pauses as he looks out the window. “I don’t know where my life is going to take me, but my journey has just started, I’ll make the family proud of my accomplishments.” Again, he pauses, looking back down to the picture in his hands, his eyes lingering on his Father’s face, his eyes harden a little and he states firmly; “how I make it will be my way, not yours!” With that, he gently places it on the shelf on the wall behind where the desk currently is.

Looking around the room, he smiles, pleased with the results, he likes that he still has plenty of room to move around comfortably. Getting changed into some urban-cameo cargo shorts and a white muscle-tee, putting his sandals on, he closes and locks the slider before he walks out of his dorm room with the map of the campus to do a walk-about.

Lily was assigned a room on the fifth floor. It was right off the elevator. It would be nice and dark in the morning, too (score!). Across the hall, a little Dragonian flag hung on the door. All sorts of other flags adorned other rooms, she didn’t even recognize a few. She returned to her room after wandering the floor for a bit.

There was only one window, but it was big. It faced the peaceful courtyard outside. Salt drifted off the ocean and past her window. Just like home. Her bed didn’t have nearly enough pillows on it, but otherwise the room was perfect. She collapsed on the bed and shut her eyes. With the smell and the sounds… It could be the Coast. The room could be her bedroom at her home in her neighborhood…

No. You have to do this. You’re gonna do great and pass everything and get the degree. You’re gonna make Papi and Daddy proud.

She set up her desk. Plopped down her desktop, pulled out her tablet. Stuffed away her clothes. She plastered the empty walls with posters brought from home. Star Expedition, Z-Files, Last Fantasy 15. All her favorite stuff. Just like home.
Her things in order, she decided to meet new people. She swung the door wide open, ready to face the world…

And nailed someone in the face with it.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/h5sXDJQ.jpg
[/spoiler][edit_reason]Added Room Pic[/edit_reason]

The taxi pulled up outside the campus gates. Alexi stepped out and went to the boot(trunk) to retrieve his luggage as Zoey paid the fare wirelessly using an RFID card, before retrieving her own luggage. They thanked the driver before the taxi pulled away, leaving them in front of the gates, where many other students were hanging out.

“Well little bro,” Zoey began, “I’m gonna’ zoom up to my dorm block and meet up with my friends now, so I’ll see you around. Good luck!”

“Okay sis’ seeya later!” Alexi replied, as he watched Zoey stride impatiently away towards another part of campus.

Alexi pulled out map of the site to get his bearings, and began walking to the Wachin Dormitory, taking a good look at the extensive campus facilities surrounding him. Fortunately, his dorm was only a short walk from the entrance, and he soon reached the dormitory block. He verified himself to the secretary, who directed him to floor five of the structure to find his room. He took the elevator up to his room, which the secretary told him was the third to last one on the left side of the right hallway.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/Q0cPPoc.gif
[/spoiler]

He entered his dorm room which, whilst bare, was clean and had a great view over the courtyard out of the only window. He dumped his clothes bag on his bed before noticing a faint, residual odour of marijuana coming out of the carpet. “Welp, gonna need to get some air freshener”, He thought, as he began unpacking the rest of his possessions onto the room’s desk. He took out a small stack of books, a globe of Urth, and his powerful, slim laptop which he would set up later.

He dumped the rest of his stuff under the desk before remembering he hadn’t texted his parents since he’d landed at the airport. He took his Uphone and wandered out into the corridor to write a message. “Found my dorm room fine, this place is amazing you wouldn’t believe it :slight_smile: ,oh btw could you send me some cool posters to liven up my walls, as well as the flag of Axdel to hang on my door -thnx”. Alexi felt a wave of tiredness as jet lag caught up with him once again, and turned back towards his dorm, reading his dad’s reply absent mindedly as someone opened a door right into his face.

A light flickered on, and the wall banged.
I groaned lightly. Several seconds passed, enough for me to understand where I was. I was in a vehicle that had comfortable seats. I put my arm out and turned the light off and shut my eyes.
All of a sudden, several piercing thuds hit the wall and I jolted up. My private taxi driver, a native to Horkalo, was shouting muffled words in Horkalese.
“EEKL JE JOLII!” He cried.
With my sleeve, I wiped my eyes, expecting it to be a dream.
“EEKL JE JOLII! EEKL JE JOLII! EEKL ARU HERE! YOU ARU HERE!” He repeatedly shouted, whilst banging the glass, which I’d presumed a wall between the back and the front.
The words slowly started making sense. It took me a minute, but I opened the door, fell out the door and stumbled to the back, with that, opened up the back and took my two suitcases. The taxi driver briskly removed himself from the taxi and stood waiting for me to start speaking.
“Uhh, thanks for driving me here. But… It’s 2:16 AM?” I groaned, hesitantly.
“Yus sir. Thu traffic stowed mu in long idlu quuuu’s for many hours, I apologisu.” He said, with a failure to pronounce his e’s.
The wind howled, I looked around, confused.
“Hold on, whe… where are we?” I uttered, looking around in dismay.
I took my phone out. A message, which had been stored on my pPhone 8 reading the following appeared:

“Son, I already understa…”

Dammit, stupid phones. I slid my phone up and displayed the full message.
“Your fathur…” The driver said before I stopped him.
“No, just hold on a minute.” I added.
The message wrote:

Son, I already understand your position, your driver informed me 4 hours ago. You must have been asleep throughout the night. I have booked you a room in the 24/7 Melakis Hotel just two miles from Shiro. I have also pre-booked a taxi for your wake, who will take you to the Academy. Do not sleep in. You’ve already missed a day and cannot another. Your mother and I wish you luck. Love you.

I looked up to a eagerly smiley taxi driver, who looked like he was in a paralytic state.
“Uh, thank you then.” I moaned, still half asleep.
“I am glad to bu of survicu.” His reply was faint. I had already started walking up the path which led to a well lit white building, marked ‘Melakis House’, lugging the suitcases. I reached a double door, where I was greeted by a lady of fair but rugged complexion. Obviously not happy to be working through the night.
“Thank you may I take your name.” The lady urged, quickly.
“Yes please do, Samminel Johannes.”
“Oh, your father was on the phone within the hour! Your room is marked ‘Door 205’, up three flights of stairs, the elevator is due for repairs and I do apologise, so take the stairs unless you want broken legs, spine and all that.” she exclaimed.
“Oh.” I pleaded. “OK, I’ll be on my way, thank you.” I picked up my things and dragged my way up the flights.
I made my way up to the right floor, where the lights felt dry and punishing. I struggled to keep my eyes open whilst I navigated my way down the corridor.
“Room 199” I stumbled further.
“Room 203… no, 204, 205, ah this one.” I grasped the keys and made my way in, flicking on the light in the process. The furniture was of Mahogany, the most serene and beautiful. The bed was King sized, and the lamp was a spiral of white and blue painted wood frame encompassing a long thin pole from floor to the ceiling, which wasn’t on. Without hesitation, I just dropped my things outside the door, took off my shirt, shoes and trousers, and fell forward on the bed. [edit_reason]Editing [/edit_reason]

“Oh- oh! I’m so sorry!” Lily dropped her bag to help up the person she’d hurt. “Ahh, I’m so clumsy. Are you okay!?”
They looked dazed.
“Hey, what’s your name…?” A device was in the ground by them, the lock screen stated ‘If lost, please return to Alexi’. “Alexi? Are you okay!?”
Injuring someone on the first day. Real great start, Lily.

Coming out his dorm room door and about to turn to where the lift was, ‘Jey’ noticed out of the corner of his eye, two individuals, one on the floor, the other crouched trying to help the person up.

Walking over, “G’day! Y’all OK?” he asked in Codexian.

“Ahhh, wake up wake up wake up! Can you help him?” She asked the newcomer. Lily tried to gather the fallen boy’s belongings off the floor.

Dazed from the impact, Alexi glanced up, noticing a red headed woman with a worried face looking down at him, asking if he was alright.

“Yeah don’t worry I’m fine,” he replied, grasping the bridge of his nose, which had now begun to bleed, “I’ve survived worse.”

“Ahh! I’m so sorry! Here, uh…” She snatched a cloth from her purse and handed it over.

“Thank you, the name’s Alexi” he said, taking the tissue and holding it against his nosebleed, “welp, what a great way to start the first day here!”

“My bad!.. And uh, my name is Lily…” she ran back in, her room and hid. Meeting people is hard.

“Nice to mee-” Alexi began, before realising that lily had already disappeared back into her dorm.

Eh, whatever, he thought to himself, kneeling over to pick up his (thankfully undamaged) Uphone and read the rest of his fathers reply;

“Great to see you’re settling in son! I’ll have someone send you some suitable posters and the flag for you, they should arrive tomorrow. Love, Dad”

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, what did I do!? Lily flumped down on her bed. What if he was important, oh no oh no oh nooo…
She smothered herself with her pillow. I’m gonna be taken to a weird prison and never see the light of day again nooooooooo…

She tossed the pillow away and pulled out her phone to text her dads.
Just nailed kid w/ door. Visit me in whatever foreign prison his family throws me in.
Ugh. Might as well set up her stuff instead. She finished setting up her computers, and made her bed again. She fussed up her hair and set an alarm for 8, and headed out of her room, careful not to hit anyone this time.

1 new message. You’ll have to use your one phone call. We’re having a good time w/out you. You cramp our style.
<3 Papi and Daddy

Thanks, jerks. She meant it lovingly.

She strolled over to the bathrooms. Apparently they had soaking springs, she’d wanted to try them since the endless flight over.
Although, she’d heard they had separated restrooms here! How different from home, this place was. Different flags hung on different doors along the hall.