The Shiro Academy

“What the hell is that sound?” I murmured, rubbing my already sore eyes and trying to figure out what the noise is.
“Argh! For hell’s sake shut up I’m tired!” I shouted.
The noise intensified.
“Will you… Just go away dammit, worse than a ugly Tedlo.” I persisted. I put a pillow on my head and shut my eyes, expecting it to go away.
“AAAAAAAAAAARGH! GO. AWAY. STOP!” I screamed, as the noise grew.
“That’s it!” I got up in a mess, stretching for my belt, which I gripped firmly, ready to strangle the thing. I made my way around the wall, ready to kill. All of a sudden, an old woman of colour came slowly dancing in, earphones in and using a Tedlo. She realised the room wasn’t left, and looked at me in shock.
“Oh my!” She squawked and turned off the Tedlo whilst looking me head to toe. It was at this moment I realised I was stark naked, wearing nothing apart from a sock on my left foot.
“Oh! I’m so sorry!” I appealed, whilst grabbing the duvet to obscure her view, wrapping it around tightly. We both stared at each other for what seemed like forever. She hesitated before asking, looking at me, to the door, and back to me in astonishment.
“Son, what are you doing? I thought you had gone ages ago. I am terribly sorry, I will give you your space. Aleo to you.” She walked out of the room, this time not dancing.
Typical. I was rudely awoken to a woman who invaded my room. What nonsense. I took out my phone from in my trouser pocket, which was dumped on the floor in a plea to sleep, and checked the time. To my absolute horror, it was 9:03 AM. I swore, multiple times. I looked around with a delay, and rushed to put my uniform on, which was sprawled everywhere. I could just hear my mother yelling at me from across the globe. The thoughts then brought me to acknowledging the memories of my family and my house, which I will eventually return to at the end of the school term. The thoughts of the glistening Lamberta made me regret my decision to travel this far away from home. Moaning, I shrugged it off whilst struggling to pull my trousers up, which had got somewhat stuck.
“Stupid trousers.” I laughed to myself.
After what felt like several hours of painstakingly applying my wear, I picked up my suitcases up and paced out of my room with the look of distress still printed on the woman’s face.
As I started to make my way down the stairs, the faint beeping sound, followed by a very angry receptionist lit the mood. I picked up my pace and stormed out of the complex. I was greeted to a very frustrated taxi driver who shouted at me several times.
“DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN WAITING. DO YOU KNOW!” He held me up with a stare that touched my soul.
“I’m sorry sir.”
“Shut up and get in, you’re lucky your father told me to wait at least two hours. I am still getting paid normal for this.” He exclaimed. I shut my things in the boot, ripped open the door and plunged in, and with that the taxi sped off.

I arrived at the gates with the concerning look of a middle aged man, waiting silently against a wall.
“Oi mate” He shouted.
“Oi, oi. Stop.” He ordered, staring at me, before I could get near the building I was staring at myself.
“Ok, what do I have to prove?” I dug out my Birth Certificate, TEP Citizenship Passport, as well as several other forms of identification.
“Mate, I was joking.” Whilst still studying my body language. “I know who you are. I’m Mr. Blake, or you can call me Smit. I’m the senior in charge of students who are late.” He grumbled, with the last words raised in tone. “Get in there, before I shoot you.”
With that I looked at him, he looked at me, smiled, pointed a finger out at me and pretended to fire.
“Pow. Pow pow. You’d be a dead man.” He laughed.
I jogged on, preferring not to speak, but gave him a nod.
I struggled to hoist my notebook out, which read clear instructions on where to go. I came to a halt whilst reading. A very faint voice shouted;
“Pow pow pow,” Followed by almost unrecognisable laughter. I worked my way up the stairs to a corridor, where a boy had been knocked over on the floor, followed by a girl who ran into her dorm.
“Hmm.” I walked over to the guy, who had addressed himself as Alexi whilst bleeding.
“Hello Alexi, my name’s Sam, everything alright?” I patted him on the back at least harder than I’d have wanted. Before he could speak, I apologised.

[spoiler][th colspan=“2”]Samminel Johannes[/th]Age18Height1.87mEyesGrey-GreenHairThick, wavy and moderately dark blonde. Ring finger in length, styled.Financial statusRich (descendant to Queen Florence II and son of Walter Johannes (Prime Minister of the United Kingdom))[/spoiler][edit_reason]I incorrectly spelt his surname, doesn’t make sense for one ‘n’ if his father has two. [/edit_reason]

“Oh, I’m good thank you” Alexi replied, still cradling his nose with the tissue. “How are you? you’re a little late here.”

Feeling accepted, I gave Alexi a short smile.
“I’m great thanks, apart from being rudely woken up… Never mind, a story for another day.” A second passed, or less, “Whoa, hold on a sec, looks like you missed something.” I uttered, halting him in his tracks.
I bent over to a folded piece of paper. I handed it to Alexi.
“Here. I don’t actually know where my dorm is, all I know is I’m no where near the elevator.” I stated.

I better apologize…
She wrote a quick apology on a scrap of paper and left it taped to the door next to an Axdelian Flag. Afterward, she’d head down to check out the beach. She hadn’t gotten to see the boardwalk yet.

Just as ‘Jey’ was about to say something, the redhead who said her name was Lily, rushed back into her room. “Huh?” Jey said.

Turning back to the bleeder, Alexi, when another guy walked up and spoke, saying his name was Sam and he was lost.

“G’day!” he started again, “names Jeymi, or y’all can call me ‘Jey’ if ya want, I’ll answer ta both. I come from The Grand Duchy of Dragonia.” ‘Jey’ explained as he offered his hand to Alexi and Sam.

“Alexi, lets be gettin’ ya’ ta tha loo ta get ya’ cleaned up. Ya’ probably need ta change yer shirt too, ya’ got blood on it.” ‘Jey’ pointed at the spots on Alexi’s shirt.

“Sam?” he turned to the other guy, “what does yer Student Packet say yer dorm be?”

Andrew was enjoying a nap when he heard a bang.

He woke up quite tired, but after a moment he felt better, though he noticed commotion.

After listening to the discussion, he figured out that a person had a bloody nose. Apparently that person was hit in the nose by the door. Somewhat annoyed, he got a handful of tissues and walked out of his dorm. He then saw the scene. A man was clutching a tissue to his face, which was wet with blood. A redheaded girl was standing next to the injured person, as well as a man who was talking to another man who looked confused. Andrew headed up to the man with the bloody nose, and asked, “Are you okay? Do you need another tissue?”

“Fifth floor. Yep, this is it.” Tyler waited as the elevator door opened, unsure what to expect on the other side. Once out of the elevator and into the hallway, the first thing he noticed was a small crowd forming in the middle of the hallway. As he got closer he could see that one of them had a bloody nose. “I presume he tripped?” Tyler was contemplating on providing some assistance, but it seemed as if the situation was already under control. “I think I should first settle in at the least.”

Tyler passed by the group to get to his room, murmuring a couple “excuse me” along the way.

[spoiler]http://i.imgur.com/9D5oxIc.png
[/spoiler]

Once in his room, he threw his two duffel bags onto the bed and began inspecting the room a bit. The room was quite bare besides the bed and the desk, but at least nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

“Well time to make this my home.”

He first started by pulling out the flag of Fortuna and hanging it above the desk. He then put his laptop and school supplies on top of the desk with symmetry. Once satisfied, Tyler began pinning drawings of an assortment of aircraft designs he made. One of the reasons Tyler agreed to come to Shiro Academy was because of the aerospace engineering program that was offered. He hoped he could learn something new from the program and hopefully use it to aid his country, and maybe he will get noticed by the High Commander. Tyler shook his head; now was not the time to be daydreaming. Once he was done putting up his drawings, he finished off by placing a photo of his grandmother onto the desk.

“I’m finally here, Mum. I won’t let you down.” Tyler looked around the room, satisfied with what he got done. The commotion outside seemed to still be going on, so he decided to go check it out or at the least to see if the guy who was bleeding was okay.

Jeymi put out his hand in a welcoming gesture, to which I shook it.
“Hey Jey, nice to meet you… Well. It’s funny you ask. I don’t know where that piece of paper ended up to. Give me a minute.”
I frantically searched my pockets whilst the two guys, now accompanied by a third I had not yet met, were staring at me.
“Not that one, ah ha!” I pulled out an almost unidentifiable piece of paper from the very bottom of my trouser pocket.
“Here it is.” I un-scrunched the messy flat circle shaped, folded piece of paper to reveal a weathered but visible paper, marking my dorm. I showed it to Jey and Alexi, whilst the third guy looked over.
“If you could just point me in the right direction,” I gestured.

Looking at the piece of paper, Jey blinked, looked at Sam, looked back at the paper. “Well Sam,” pause, blink, “all ya’ gotta do, iz jus’ turn 'round.” Jey said with a slight amused smile while pointing over Sam’s shoulder to a door. “We’uns be neighbors!”

“Come on Alexi, lets be gettin ya’s to tha loo to be clean’d up,” stated Jey as he started to steer Alexi back toward the restrooms. He stopped when the guy who walked by earlier came back up to the group.

“Oh, G’day,” he said while holding out his hand, “name be Jeymi, or ‘Jey’, doesn’t matter, I answer ta both.” He paused and pointed to the one with the bloody nose, “this be Alexi, an’ tha one lookin’ lost be Sam.”

“There be a Lily on this floor too,” he points to the door their standing in front of, “be careful on dat one, she decked Alexi here wit’ da door,” he said quietly while nodding knowingly. ‘Jey’ amusement was quite evident while saying that.

“Personally I don’t know why tha Architects made tha doors to be swingin’ outwards.” He paused, “accidents like that will happen because of it,” he continued. "Now Alexi, “Lets be gettin’ ya clean’d up some.”

“Nyet nyet, not necessary thank you!” Alexi replied, politely shrugging of Jey’s attempts to guide him, “It’s stopped bleeding so much now, so I just need a clean shirt and a nap really. Many thanks for the offer though.”

All the commotion seemed to have passed. Lily peeked out, and seeing that the hallway was mostly empty, left the note on the door next to hers and headed to the common area to check out the kitchen. Food will help me. I wonder if they have any Tuvaltastanian chocolate…

To: Alexi

I’m really really sorry I hit you with my door! I hope I can make it up to you…

-Lily A.

P.S. Who makes doors that open outwards anyways?

I looked at Jey and then behind me. I raised my finger up with a face full of question. I then realised what he meant. I looked back around at Jey, got his attention and thanked him. I walked into my dorm to an empty space, a fresh and bare smell of wood.
“Hmm.” I spoke.
I unpacked my suitcases and started putting the things I needed where they now belonged. One after another the items came, from hair gels to clothes, and Staynish cutlery to a picture of the 975 AKMD Staynish Naval Fleet Morstello, picturing the famous RS Jubel at the front. I placed all of them exactly where I wanted them, finally unveiling a portable flagpole, which I made and placed in a corner on my room and hoisted the Staynish-Caltharus Empire flag followed by the Staynish flag.
“That’s better.”
I realised I hadn’t closed the door as there was a mild breeze from a corridor window. I turned around and started walking towards the door.

No Tuvan chocolate. Damn. They did have Staynish Coffee though. She poured out a cup and relaxed, peering out the window next to the coffee machine at the sea beyond. Tilden Isle was beautiful.
She sipped her coffee and kept an eye on the water. Off the coast, a navy ship floated past, she couldn’t make out the flag. Maybe it was just a freighter.

She finished her coffee and rinsed out the cup. The small kitchen was quiet and empty besides her, and when she turned around to go back to her room and dress for the beach and AHHH!!!
She nearly sprung a meter in the air because someone was suddenly right behind her. Today was not her day.
How is anyone that sneaky!?

Beginning to feel rather groggy, Alexi excused himself back to his dorm for a nap. He changed into a clean shirt and settled down onto the bed, quickly falling asleep.

Jey nodded bye to Sam as he went to his dorm.

Turning to Alexi, “No worries there mate! See ya’ 'round.” Jey pulled out the map he put in his cargo’s earlier, “well, time fer a walk-about campus,” he told the other person in the hall.

Andrew, seeing that the situation was resolved, sighed, returned to his dorm, and started to watch WhoTube.

Athena! The young fox had escaped the carry bag she’d brought her on. Wait, come to think of it, she hadn’t remembered taking Ae with her…

You little stowaway. Come to think of it, were animals even allowed in here? She’d have to find out. In the meantime, you’re coming with me. She discretely returned to her room, cradling the fox stealthily in her arms.

Just under an hour later, Alexi awoke from his nap, feeling refreshed although slightly parched. He slipped out of bed- still fully dressed as he hadn’t bothered to change before napping- and remembered spotting a kitchenette on the floor plans when he arrived. He stepped out of his dorm into the vacant corridor, closing the door behind him and noticing a note stuck to the front of the door with a small piece of tape. He pulled it off, careful not to rip the paper, and turned it over to read the message.

“Eh, accidents happen,” Alexi thought to himself as he read the note, slowly wandering down the hall to the kitchenette. “Hmmm, why do the doors open outwards? Something like that was bound to happen eventually.”

He continued down the corridor towards the kitchenette when Lily appeared, walking briskly from the other end. She appeared to be cradling something in her arms, though Alexi couldn’t quite discern what it was from where he stood…

“Oh, Alexi!” she carefully kept herself between the man and her possible contraband. “Sorry again about the door!” She quickly headed into her room.

I closed the door and decided to get some rest.

A while later, I was awoken by a loud thud. Several shouts came from the corridor. I decided to not get myself involved.
I unpacked my Z-60 P and logged in. It was a slim, powerful machine I use for all sorts of things. I logged into Kore, a social media website. Instantly a recommended friend appeared: Jeymi “Jey” Harrington. I clicked “Add Friend”. Shortly after that it gave me an idea to look around for other students. One after another I searched. Alexi, Lily. I remember that someone had addressed the 3rd person in the group, but after a while of thinking I could not remember. I remember watching him walk into his room and decided to go and introduce myself. I shut down my Z-60 P and walked through the corridor, where the commotion had stopped, and nobody but Lily was in the corridor. Lily looked like she was in a rush but I stopped her anyway.
“Hi Lily, I haven’t really had time to talk to you. Ohh! What’s that little thing you’re holding?” I said, seemingly interested.