The Shiro Academy

“Ahh, hi!” She flipped around to keep Ae hidden behind her back.

“It… ah, it’s nothing! Aw… I mean… Just sneaking some snacks back to my dorm… Haha, you caught me!..”

The person seemed interested, and probably wouldn’t buy that lie, so she tried again.

“Uhm, would you happen to know whether or not this dorm is… pet friendly? Asking for a friend.” The fox stayed obediently still; Perhaps sensing that if they were caught, Lily couldn’t give her snacks anymore.

“Hmm. Pet friendly you ask?” I replied.
I got a distinct nod and I continued with;
“I think so. I don’t really know to be honest… Have you got a pet with you?” I questioned, attempting to keep my voice down.

18 year old Velhanz Verlhan stepped out of the taxi with his luggage, stretching. He was wearing his Setznan Republic Naval Academy (SRNA) cadet uniform. He took in the scenery around him and picked up his bags, slinging one over his shoulder and carrying the other in his hand. Velhanz came to Shiro Academy to take the military course that they provided and graduate as an officer in Setzna’s Navy. He ignored the fact that he was the son of the President of Setzna, and also ignored his father’s wishes, following a military career and in his mother’s footsteps. With the Civil War going on in Setzna, the military needed every man they could get to fight against the fascists.

“I wonder why father wanted me to go overseas… I would’ve been fine at the Naval Academy. At least it’s a nice new refreshing change of scenery” he muttered. Being constantly bugged by his father to apply to Shiro Academy, he finally did a month before the school year started. He couldn’t deny that he was a bit excited after seeing his application being accepted, interested in going to new places.

He walked inside the dorm and checked in as a student with the secretary, then taking the elevator up to the 5th floor. His phone was constantly vibrating in his pocket due to his father texting him and calling him to confirm his safe arrival. He sighed as he arrived in front of his room, noticing two other students in the corridor. He walked over to them and greeted them.

“Good day!” he said to the two.

[spoiler]http://orig01.deviantart.net/b03d/f/2016/303/9/a/shiro_academy_room_by_od5thelljumper-damq9pa.gif
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Velhanz Verlhan]Age18Height5’11"NationalitySetznanHairDark brownEyesBrownFinancial StatusUhm, rich?..MajorMilitary Studies

“Oh good, 'cause I’ve got- Oh hi!” She called to the newcomer, who Athena then yipped at.

He looked at her with slight confusion and looked at the fox, then looked at both of them.

“Uh… nice to meet you, i’m Velhanz Verlhan. May I ask your names?” He dropped the bag in his hand, and extended it towards the two for a handshake. “Is that fox you have there?” He asked her

“I’m Lily, and yea, this is Athena.”

“Yaoowlf!”

“My room’s right over here. I’m from Emberwood, where are you from?”

“That’s cool!” I said to Lily. I then turned to the new person, who introduced himself as Velhanz. I shook his hand.
“Hi Velhanz, looking good.” I stated. “My name’s Samminel, Samminel Johanes, call me Sam or Samminel, your choice!” I said, which I broke with a slight cough.
“Where about’s is your dorm, mate?”

“I’m from Setzna,” He addressed to Lily. “Nice to meet you, Lily and Sam. My dorms right there” He pointed to the room right next to the left of Samminel’s.

“Where are you from Sam?” he asked right after. He picked up his bag from the ground, his red Naval Academy beret falling off his head and revealing the rest of his dark brown hair which was slicked back.

“Woops,” he dropped his bag again, picking up the beret and putting it back on his head. His phone vibrated in his pocket again, an irritated look fell on Velhanz’s face. “One moment,” He answered his phone and on the other end was his father, William Verlhan.

“You finally picked up! I was about to send a black ops team to find you, are you in the dorms already? Your not being kept for ransom are you?” Velhanz was bombarded with questions from his father concerning his safety.

“Father, i’m fine, i’m inside of the dorms right now. Ok, goodbye now” He hung up and shoved his phone back into his pocket, no longer irritated.

“Heh, parents, amirite?” Lily remarked. “Mine wouldn’t chill out till I sent them a location ping from my phone.”

“Well, I’m from Staynes, in the Staynish-Caltharus Empire? It’s a rather prestigious nation, you’d probably know where I’m on about if I said Morstaybishlia.” I exclaimed.
“It’s not a bad place actually. Was living with my parents in Fort Vitrayn. You’d never guess what. My 6th Great Grandmother is Queen Florence II of Morstaybishlia, she married to the Shi’Murai of Vitrayn, which now doesn’t exist. Our family has ever since…” I coughed again, to which I looked at glazed looks. “Yeah. They’ve lived here ever since, but they bunged me in a few planes and taxis and chucked me in this place; whether it’s for the good or not we shall soon see.” I put forward.
“You don’t suppose. I have brought Hobsti-Tea in my suitcase. If anyone has a kettle, would you like some? It’s delicious!”

“Thought I saw one in the kitchen. Okay Ae you gotta hop off, you’ve been found out already.”
Athena followed her into the kitchen to grab a kettle, the fox’s little tail swishing behind as she trotted down the hall.

Alexi returned from the kitchenette, sipping a cool bottle of water. He noticed Sam, Lily and a third person in conversation up ahead and strode over to join them, arriving just as Lily turned to leave. As she turned a small fox kit jump out of Lily’s arms, bewildering Alexi for a moment. “Ohhh, that explains it,” He thought to himself, realising the correlation between the fox and Lily’s odd behaviour in the hall a few moments earlier.

“Hey Sam!” Alexi began, before noticing Velhanz, “Ah, hello! I don’t believe we’ve met yet, the name’s Alexi, by the way”

Velhanz turned to face Alexi and greet him.

“Ah yes, i’m Velhanz, nice to meet you Alexi” He responded. He then turned back to face Sam, “Tea? Sure why not.”

Velhanz suddenly looked like he was deep in thought for a second, remembering something.

“Thats right, I forgot to tell you guys that you can just call me Vel. It’s the nickname my dad gave to me…”

Velhanz slung the other bag on his shoulder, and took off his beret to slide it into his pocket.

“Do you guys know if the school allows ceremonial weapons? I brought my sabre with me…” He patted one of the bags, the shifting of metal could be heard inside.

Andrew was on Floor 5, exiting the elevator, when he noticed a new person chatting with the man who had been hit by the doorway. (OOC: This statement is not on the OOC thread because this has to be read with the IC content, but Andrew hasn’t had proper introductions yet.) The new student patted a bag, and the distinct sound of metal sounded.

Andrew walked up to the new student and said, “Hi! Where are you from? What are you here for?”

Velhanz turned to face Andrew to respond to his question, “Hey, i’m Velhanz, Vel for short. I’m from Setzna, and I came to take the military course, may I ask your name?”

Velhanz’s response was quite quick, to try and keep up with the student’s questions.

Andrew replied, “My name is Andrew, and I’m from Tretrid. Also, didn’t the country I’m from aid you country’s government against fascists?”

“Yeah, those fascist bastards down south are trying to reinstall a government lead by a Kaiser in Setzna. My father really appreciates Tetrid’s help, it takes a bit of the burden off his shoulders as President” Velhanz replied while straightening out his cadet uniform.

Lily returned with Athena and a kettle in time to hear some of the conversation. “Ooh, a president’s son? That must be soo cool!”

“Huh? Being the eldest son of the President of Setzna isn’t really that great in my opinion. I can’t really go anywhere in public without being treated as an idol of sorts, gets annoying when you want to act like a regular person” Velhan scratched the back of his head in embarrassment.