2023 Series One World Championship

Soyer to Spiiker Squadron?
Following the rumours that Soyer wants to get out of his contract at Novia, rumours around Spiiker started that they are in the talks with Soyer to join their team next to Marlan Kalming with Spiiker trying to make the “dreamteam” happening. Some sources say that Soyer already has been seen at the factory of Spiiker. Some say it is just a play by Soyer himself to get a better contract at Novia and Spiiker are just being used. We have to see what will happen. It is however very noteable that Spiiker was early with their announcement to resign Marlan Kalming for a multi-year contract but that the second driver of the team has not been announced yet. As we all know Spiiker also tried to get Soyer on their roster last year. When that failed they came to Haaland Rusnák the 2020 champion, How would he react to these rumours that he might be the second pick of Spiiker Squadron again.
This is it for now for the rumours about Spiiker and Soyer.

Marchitelli Falcon out of money struggles for the foreseeable future?

Marchitelli (for some the most favorite underdog team) are known to have financial struggles for almost every year they compete in the S1. The teamowner Mr. Marchitelli however has until now always refused to sell the team off because as he says “that would mean the team loses his charm.” Today they announced that both drivers they had ever since 2020 have left the team. Mitch Noxal as he stated himself “Is ready for a step up.” and he is looking for a seat at the higher placed teams, the money he brought with his family wealth will be missed by Marchitelli. But it might also mean he has a bigger chance of landing a seat with a bigger team when he brings the money with him. Josephina Louzar announced she needed to take a step back from her fulltime seat, because she was too busy with having her career and being the second in line of the Blueacian throne. She will however stay with the team as their 3rd and reserve driver.
Marchitelli-Falcon also announced their first driver of the season. It will be the 23 year old Niki Hassenbelt Strauss from Heppenheim. With signing him on the team also got a big Heppenheimer sponsor with it being the internetprovider Hi-Oh, rumours say that with the sponsordeal an amount of almost 10 million is involved. Hi-Oh will also be the title sponsor of Marchitelli for at least 2 season. Meaning the full name of the team will now be Hi-Oh Marchitelli Falcon.
An anouncement for their 2nd driver hasn’t been made yet thus far.

Soyer Might Be Replaced By Christoffersen??

THAVE-Following rumors of Soyer’s departure, there’s been an increase of people at the Novia Racing. Notably amoung them was Christoffersen. Rumors pouring out of Novia Racing indicates that with Soyer’s supposed departure, the seaf may be filled by Christoffersen. As is all news coming out of Novia Racing, no one has returned our request for a comment. The press is watching carefully.

Rumors of Soyer Resigning Met With Disapproval

THAVE- If you’ve been following the Soyer resigning drama, it may come as a surprise that no one is talking of the possibility of a resign. Fans are eager to see the fate of Soyer, and through the chaos, one S1 fan pointed out that “no one is talking about Soyer staying.” Severals fans responded with statements of dispproval. One fan stated, “Soyer should go. Novia isnt his”, another said “Soyer’s attitude is not welcomed here #SoyerSucks”.

However, several sources within Novia Racing are claiming that Soyer and Novia Racing have almost come to an agreement for a 5 year racing contract with the team. The media and fans alike have dismissied this news as “heresey” and “unlikely”. Novia Racing and Soyer have both said that newz should be released “soon” on Soyer’s status with the team.

OPINION: Soyer Should Go

Soyer’s attitude toward Novia, esepically in the aftermath of the Packilvania Grand Prix, exemplifies why Soyer should not be allowed back on the team. His hatred of his teammate is apparent, and his distain for the fans is evident. If Soyer cant win the Championship, why should he be allowed back on the team? Soyer needs to go. Bring some other drivers in. That Christoffersen guy from Metro seems like a good fit for the course. It’s time for Soyer to be removed.

1 Like

2305fb4f-32f1-4e04-89a6-782a601351b5

1 Like

Rusnák leaves S1 for the UES

The 39 year old Haaland Rusnák from Vaklori and S1 champion of 2020 has just announced he will not return to the Spiiker Squadron for next year. Some people already thought Rusnák was to leave the team after Spiiker went to get Soyer again just like last year and he wasn’t willing to be the second pick again. It came to a surprise however that Rusnák will remain with Spiiker but will make his return to the Urth Endurance Series in which he celebrated lots of succes. Spiiker announced that they will make their return to the UES after almost 50 years of absence with the new regulations coming in 2023. And if he wished to do so Spiiker wanted Rusnák to lead the challenge for succes in the UES.

1 Like

(Translated by Most Accurate Translations Ltd. For inquiries, please contact Gerald Most, 518 Kuran Ave, Newport, Nystatiszna)

It is entirely possible by now that the most repeated sentence in the history of motorsports is, as of the fateful finale to the 2022 Series One World Championship, West Borean driver Kasran is’Vaara’s off-hand comment to the press at the post-race media pen of the Peragian Grand Prix. Is’Vaara had delivered a magnificent and well-deserving drive to claim his first ever victory in the pinnacle of motorsport, but some in his team were concerned that the last-lap overtake he made to achieve this would hamper his teammate’s shot at winning the Drivers’ Championship.

Take my word for it: by the time we get to Istariya [the final race of the season], nobody will be thinking about those seven points.

And then, as if the gods of motorsport had been watching, Matthieu Soyer went on to lose the championship by exactly seven points.

Novia’s team boss, Hector Adnet, was quick to show his anger and to express his opinion, to which he is allegedly legally entitled, that Soyer should have won the Championship, and that is’Vaara’s overtake was in some way unethical. And for sure, the team did tell Kasran to hold position at Peragen and simply let his teammate win. But when your employer tells you to saw your own leg off, the sensible thing to do is to not do that. Instead, the courageous Kasran would not let his boss boss him around, and simply took the win.

Many of Soyer’s fans, who are mostly Alkari, believe that if Kasran were instead replaced with a more obedient driver, Soyer would have become champion. It is a frankly worrying implication for the geopolitics of Urth if, as it appears here, the people of one of the primary nations of the UCA are indeed so limited in their memories that they can only remember one twentieth of a year.

After all, just three races earlier, Kasran was controversially told to give up the race win to Soyer, which he obligingly did. That’s seven points already that Kasran graciously donated to the Alkari cause - but that’s never enough for Novia.

When it came down to the final showdown at Istariya, Soyer demanded that Kasran “defend like a lion” - and he dutifuly did so, sabotaging his own race with a broken front wing just to hold up Marlan Kalming on his way to take the crown anyway. Many people were talking about is’Vaara’s racing, but nobody remembered that Haaland Rusnák was ripe for the (over)taking just a few seconds up the road - and hey, if you can move up from second place into first place, I hear they give you seven points for that!

And even in the penultimate race, who was it but Kasran who engaged his car’s anti-stall mechanism at the start, blocking the Bernitti-Domios from making the quick getaway that the bookmakers and oddstakers had predicted they’d win the race off the back of?

In fact, Novia should have called it quits for team orders after Puntalia, where the two Alkari drivers on the grid, Soyer and MetroCiv’s Alphonse Dubost, got their revenge for poor Kasran’s insubordination by crashing into him and forcing him into the pits for a front-wing change.

And if that weren’t enough, the very next race after that, Kasran crashed out of the lead of his home grand prix on the very last lap, promoting Soyer up into, once again, first place. This humble reporter can’t confirm anything, but one can’t help but be suspicious about such an incident at such a track at such an opportune time for the Alkari driver - especially given that, having built a thirty-second lead to his alleged teammate, Kasran would not have been physically able to let Soyer past to win without - you guessed it - crashing.

It’s no wonder then, that at the Asendavian Grand Prix, Matthieu Soyer not only didn’t even deign to show gratitude for his colleague’s contribution to the championship (which at that point he was even leading), he didn’t even deign to notice his colleague’s car, turning in and causing an infamous teammate collision. At least he earned himself a broken front wing in the process.

Yes, it’s all very clear that Kasran is’Vaara is the sole reason why Soyer was able to even dream of being a championship contender. Without his dutiful service, Novia would have been in the doldrums, scrapping for leftovers with the likes of Bernitti-Domio and Tamradh Monsal while Spiiker claims a new trophy cabinet’s worth of one-twos.

Kasran is’Vaara is an invaluable asset to Novia Racing, should he choose to remain with the team that mistreats him so, and which conclusively and emphatically does not deserve him, and that is something that Hector Adnet should understand. I, for one, certainly hope he will act accordingly.

1 Like

Dennis Rondeau was in his office reading several S1 news outlets after the announcement made by Haaland Rusnák earlier today. Dennis now hoped truly they could make the dream-team happening with signing Matthieu Soyer from their biggest opponent of 2022 Novia Racing. That’s when something popped-up on his screen about Novia and Soyer. He read it carefully and when he was done his face was red with fury.

He asked the teamboss Regan McNeill of the Spiiker Squadron in his office with urgency. When McNeill arrived Dennis read the piece outloud again word for word. With even more attention (almost stopping after each word) at the following part:
“However, several sources within Novia Racing are claiming that Soyer and Novia Racing have almost come to an agreement for a 5 year racing contract with the team. The media and fans alike have dismissied this news as “heresey” and “unlikely”. Novia Racing and Soyer have both said that newz should be released “soon” on Soyer’s status with the team.”

When he was done reading the piece to McNeill. McNeill said “Yeah, I just read that as well. I wasn’t very happy with it as well. I really thought we had a chance there.” Rondeau then he told McNeill "I don’t know far we were in talks with Soyer, or if we ever were in talks with Soyer. But I want it to stop right away. We as Spiiker will not be played ofcourse. Even if it’s just rumours I WILL NOT BE PLAYED!
He stood up and threw open the door and walked straight to the division working on the offical reports from Spiiker Squadron. When he arrived all he said was “You will make an official statement that Spiiker Squadron is not interested in signing on Matthieu Soyer.”
Even before he got back to his office, the following statement was put on the internet:

afbeelding

afbeelding

Official announcement Bernitti-Domio

Pedro Wilson has left the team after his 1 year deal wasn’t resigned with a new contract. To many this wasn’t a surprise however. Since the only reasons Bernitti-Domio signed him on last year was to get a discount on the rebadged Spiiker “Audelli” engines, and they put the money to good use. And with the signing the team could get the next talent ready for this season ready. Marchello Bellini is the new driver in the second seat. The famous Petrovian E-league participant outperforming most people has showed lots of talent and progression. And during the test he got last year he did enough to convince the team that they made the right choice.
Who will fill the next seat is still not known. Pablo Saez is the driver with the most chance of landing the seat. A surprising name being named is Concordio Trentini who hasn’t been in S1 for a few years. But Bernitti-Domio might work on a new deal to get a discount on the engines they use.

BREAKING NEWS: SOYER SIGNS CONTRACT WITH NOVIA RACING

THAVE - The long awaited announcement of Soyer’s future came during a very tense press conference. The team manager, Hector Adnet, came out in front of the camerrs with news we all thought was going to happen: Soyer’s departure. Instead, it was announced that Soyer and Novia Racing have signed a 5-year, $92 million Alkari Ducat contract. Reactions to the news have so far been mixed.

WORST NEWS FROM NOVIA RACING

We would love to know who in the head office decided to sign this [commentary redacted for several reasons. The swears are still going folks. No jokes] hot-head toa 5 year contract. The disrespect shown to the fans with this contract is astronomical. What is Novia going to do next? Sign Christoffersen to second seat? Actually, that would be as smarter decision than whatever the [more redactions] this deal was.

IS NOVIA DOOMED???

Arguably the second best driver in the league, Matthieu Soyer has officially re-signed with Novia Racing and is now a holder of the longest contract Novia Racing has given out. Usually teams don’t hand out long contracts 8unless they are either expecting AMAZING results from the driver, or the team is in dire need of holding on to talent that they are losing. Our theory here is that Soyer was supposed to leave Novia, and instead of allowing Soyer the chance to leave next season, Novia has decided to hold him hostage. Maybe we need to lead the league know of this illegal crime, and have the Crown Prosecutors office investigate Hector Adnet for kidnapping and extortion.

Bernitti-Domio finishes their line-up.

It didn’t come as a surprise to many that Bernitti-Domio chose their second driver to be Pablo Saez, rumours started to surface that Bernitti-Domio was interested in Concordio Trentini to fill the second seat, but as we know now those rumours were false. Pedro Saez finished 4th in the standings last year and with Haaland calling it quits a 3rd place in the standings for next season is his goal. But Pablo also said we only know where we stand after the first test sessions are finished and even then the first realistic test is the first GP of the season. “But we need to try and close the gap to Spiiker and Novia this year. I think that with my new team-mate that might be a realistic goal.” was his last quote before leaving the press-conference.

Blueacian teams announce their second driver in quick succesion.

After Bernitti-Domio announced their second driver which wasn’t Concordio Trentini or Pedro Wilson for that matter Marchitelli jumped on the opportunity and signed Pedro Wilson for 2 seasons with an option of another. It came to a surprise to many that Marchitelli didn’t pick a driver from the Spiiker Driver Development Program for the first time in a very long time. But with the new title sponsor in Hi-Oh people close to the team say that the team was financially in a position to sign a driver of their liking, and Pedro having a history at they still might get a small discount on Spiiker engines but we have to wait for that.
Pedro: “I am very happy I get to drive for this team, sure it might not be used to getting podiums or wins for that matter. But maybe with Niki and me we are able to get at least mid-field results with the team and we’ll see if we are able to fight for podiums and hopefully race wins.”

Mere minutes after Marchitelli announced their complete line-up Spiiker came with an announcement theirselves. The team higher up on the grid came for Mitch Noxal. Spiiker signed him for 3 years. They also announced that Concordio Trentini would be signed on as a 3rd driver with his father the legendary Aleandro getting a bigger role in the Spiiker team after last year and he will be the leading figure of the Spiiker Driver Development Program. Spiiker was proud to have a Blueacian on the team again and they are sure Mitch will give Marlan a real run for his money. With the signing of Concordio the team seems to get ready when Marlan retires or moves to a different team.
Mitch: “I am happy to be able to sign for this legendary team. As we saw last year they are the best team on the grid and my only goal is to beat Marlan for the championship and be the first Blueacian champion since Aleandro.”
Concordio: “Ofcourse I honored to be able to drive for the same team my dad had so much succes in. it almost feels like coming home. I will do my absolute best to get that race seat sooner rather then later.”

Given the excellent debut of the two drivers, the contract of Marianna Edifredi and Alphonse Dobost is renewed for S1 2023. The two pilots have shown great skill and talent under the aegis of MetroCiv Cosmos.

Tamradh Monsal: Signings in Rapid Succession

Despite the embarrassing performance of their roster last season, Tamradh Monsal was quick to sign onto their two newest drivers following the retirement of their last season veterans. In rapid succession, Tamradh Monsal signed on 2019 Rein Series champion, Eumann Zerkaryon Tiridh, and Ceana Doilidh Siosal as their drivers for this year’s Series One.

As a breath of fresh air, both drivers hail from the Grand Dominion of Kyri and separately competed in the 2019 and 2020 Rein Series respectively. The 19-year-old Eumann Z. Tiridh, in his edition, found victorious in a close run with his runner-up of that year, Ealasaid Thàmhais losing by just five points. Ceana Doiidh Siosal’s records certainly speak for themselves, the ex-Aeronyard Driver became the Winner of the Rein Series in 2020, as well as Potza Motorworks’ Kunasauard Super G Challenge in 2021. With their credibilities, they will, not only represent the team in this year’s Series One but will also be at the center of TM’s driver development program which involves training and coaching junior racers

“It’s a privilege to join, not only as a driver but as a sporting advisor as well," said Tiridh, “I am looking forward to working closely with the whole team, using my experience in the series.”

“I can’t shake the feeling of excitement to be working with Tamradh Monsal moving forward into the 2023 season!” Ceana Siosal said, “Working with the new team at Tamradh Monsal, I can say with confidence and with certainty that our future together is bright; everyone here has the mindset to learn and succeed and most certainly I feel right at home.”

TMF director Aeron Tarthidh – the outfit’s new team principal – said; “We are absolutely delighted to welcome Tiridh and Sisal to the family! They both are fantastic additions to our team and we are very pleased to have people of their caliber in our portfolio."

1 Like

1 Like

Eclipse Racing has gone bankrupt, bought out by Gyllir Motor Corporation
Written by Joe Ny’Mokian, Red Dove Sports Division

In a shocking turn of event in the racing world. Eclipse racing has gone bankrupt due to mismanagement of corporate funds. They request additional funding from shareholders and advertisers, selling more of the Eclipse racing brand and shares. The Gyllir Motor Corporation in the Federation quickly bought out the original owners of the race time, as part of their new venture into the sporting world. The company has already fired a majority of the senior management staff and replaced it with more experienced Côtois officials. Drawing from its pool of talent from more regional and local racing clubs and organizations it already sponsored before the Eclipse purchase.

The company released a statement, stating they are looking forward to having a more financially responsible racing team on the track and are looking forward to this season of racing. They are additionally renaming Eclipse Racing to Gyllir Racing, to show the racing team turning a new leaf under Gyllir company brand.

1 Like

Tonnesen1

2 Likes

7.00pm, 60 minutes until the first lap of the Neo-Fantøm Grand Prix

By this point, what should have been the comforting ping of a pilot bringing good news instead felt to the passengers like salt in the wound. The atmosphere in the cabin of the Aerobus was, in addition to recycled and pressurized, incredibly tense.

“O-kay, thanks for bearing with us these past few minutes,” the pilot mumbled, deeply aware that it had been much more than a few minutes. “The second runway at Tømmer is now clear and we have permission to land. We’ll be beginning our descent at five past seven local time.”

In the cabin, there were sighs of relief, and the odd cry of “Finally!”. In the business class section, the response was much more muted. Laura Tonnesen, the CEO of the Gyllir Motor Corporation, was particularly angry at the delay. It had all been planned out so well. Her ever-handy timetable had scheduled out the majority of her adult life so far, and it had rarely left room for tardiness. By this point in the evening, she was supposed to be arriving at the hospitality suite at the newly-constructed Atsira Urasha Street Circuit. She would have up to one half of a glass of wine, and then seek out the CEO of Eclipse Motorsport. As the seconds ticked away on her designer watch, she passed the time by visualizing what she was supposed to actually be doing, which did not do wonders for her mood.

Tonnesen was the first off the plane, followed closely by her aide, to whom she gave the instructions to sort out the baggage carousel and things of that nature, drop everything off at the hotel, and meet her at the hospitality suite whenever that was finished (but not after 9:35pm, which was the earliest expected finishing time for the Grand Prix).

Thankfully, the bureaucracy of the Rikvaarir portion of the Neo-Fantøm conurbation lived up to its reputation, and the power of being a Very Important Person meant that she flew through customs and passport control with record speed, in much the same way that her plane hadn’t.

7.35pm, 25 minutes until the first lap of the Neo-Fantøm Grand Prix

Despite her mildly-panicked rush, Laura had enough presence of mind to not jump in the first taxi she saw. Instead, she skimmed her eyes over the available vehicles and found exactly what she was looking for: a 2004 Gyllir The Worker with aftermarket Burgendyk wheels and hubcaps - in other words, a car that’s capable of going faster than you’d expect, with modifications that indicate that its owner wants to go even faster than that. She didn’t even need to look inside the car before jumping in.

“I need to get to the race, very quickly.”

“How very quickly?” came the reply. A Neo-Fantøm native would have been able to instantly place the thick accent as coming from the rough parts of the Nystatinne corner of the megacity, which is something of an achievement considering that Nystatiszna is nearly entirely comprised of rough parts. All that the CEO could figure out was that she was, by the ears, kemonomimi.

Laura handed over the remainder of her wad of twenty-russ bills that hadn’t already been used to persuade the border agents to let her through quickly. “Alive, but no further preferences.”

“On it, boss,” she said, slamming the throttle. The familiar sound of the Gyllir powertrain roaring to life filled the concourse. The taxi weaved through the cars, past security, onto a gravel track, and then on to a suspiciously-abandoned long strip of asphalt that Tonnesen would later find out was the old abandoned runway from before the Handelvaar Airport’s renovation a few years ago. As the car sped down the straight, she checked the speedometer and found it to be covered in symbols she didn’t understand. Nevertheless she made a mental note of what they looked like, and later in her hotel room she would find out that they were doing 250kph [150mph].

After turning off the runway, the taxi had spent less than two minutes speeding through inner-city streets before the car’s interior was lit up by flashing red and blue lights. It was understandable: they had just been going a hundred miles an hour on a road designated for forty. “Shit,” she whispered to herself.

It was unclear if the kemonomimi taxi driver had heard, but all she did was laugh. “Oh they don’t know me by now?” She swerved across some tram tracks embedded in the road surface and gunned it down a side street. “Fun fact. If you go slower than one times the speed limit, it’s legal, because you’re a good person.” Another block down, she swerved back onto the main road. “If you go faster than one times the speed limit, it’s illegal, because you’re a bad person.” Another jerk of the wheel, this time to squeeze in between a pair of trucks. “If you go faster than three times the speed limit, it’s legal again, because the police can’t catch you!” So saying, she revved the engine and set the world record for most red lights run in the space of sixty seconds.

7.52pm, eight minutes until the first lap of the Neo-Fantøm Grand Prix

At the VIP entrance to the Atsira Urasha Street Circuit, Laura Tonnesen stepped out of the 2004 Gyllir The Worker rather uneasily, and with a squeaked “thanks”. She took a deep breath to regain her composure and turned around. “Have you ever thought about–” she began, but the kemonomimi had already driven away. “–racing professionally…”

As it turned out, Tonnesen actually arrived at the hospitality suite before Eclipse corporate did. As they watched the Grand Prix together, it became clear that although they were a team that was currently winning the fight for 5th place in the Constructors’ Championship, they were doing that with the power of surprise upsets, magic moments, and a great deal of luck - and not by flat speed and reliability. Their drivers were running in dead last and second-to-dead-last. One of them got some relief at least when their engine suffered a blowout with five laps to go. There’s a lot of research and development (and money to fund it) that goes into making a serious competitor, which it certainly isn’t at the moment. Yes, “Gyllir-Eclipse” has a nice ring to it…

2 Likes

Neo-Fantøm, by all means, was a dense hellscape of concrete, steel and neon. You can spend a lifetime here and still get lost, some roads are not marked on the GPS, only known by the locals of that city block. It’s the perfect place to get lost in and never be found, the whole city is just one big question mark on the map. It doesn’t matter if you’re a bureau agent, a Hoshi thug, beat cops or private ‘law enforcement’ if somebody doesn’t want to be found, you won’t find them.

Never stopped anyone from trying, but finding a single kemonomimi in a sea of people seemed like an impossible task. Tonnesen had a few things in her favor, that taxi driver picked her up by the airport, the car specifications and a wads of cash. She had a few interns stationed by the airport looking for that same taxi, but no luck yet. Few of the private eyes she hired came back with a handful of leads but all had the same problem. Nystatinnes don’t talk to “Svarakk” Neo-Fantøm slang for any form of law enforcement literally translated from Nys’tat’en to “Black Trench Coats” a reference to the black trench coats the agents of the bureau wear. Any of those agents that come near to some of the local dives are met with a wall of silence. Money talks but not to these cabbies.

Eventually she got a good lead at a cabbie shelter in the Utbrent district still in Handelvaar. The car had been spotted around it in the parking lot. Anytime her PIs went in to see if they could find her, the cabbies filed out of the small building into their taxis and drove off. Tonnesen rather not have her interns enter such a moderately shady place, however taking lessons from her PIs. She works something more casual, well as a casual president of a company as large as Gyllir could be. She still had the look and attitude of a foreigner, something not so easily polished over with a hoodie on the discount rack.

Cabbie shelter itself was an older model made, mass produced and disputed around the city. Dull neon sign with the universal welcoming sign in Neo-Fantøm, three hands coming together to hold up a crooked cane. The symbol itself, quite literally, was a random couple of images smashed together by a committee as a placeholder until a new one could be made. That was three decades ago and still no new welcome symbol.

Stepping into the neon glow of the building, the company president was greeted by a line of stools along a bar. Behind the bar, sits a strong looking Z’rei elf washing a beer glass. Giving the company president raised an eyebrow as they entered. Speaking in a rough tone, “What will you be having?” They spoke in Nys’tat’en, rather than Norgsveltian or Vaaran. Given the clientele of Nystatinnes here, it’s not hard to understand why.

“Information.” The company president took a seat at the bar, placing her umbrella at her side. The bartender raised an eyebrow, placing down the glass below a tap. Filling it with a potentially toxic looking yellow substance, then taking a knife to cut the foam off the top of it. Sliding it over to Tonnesen’s spot with pinpoint precision. Then grabbed another glass to fill up, speaking in a gruff voice, “You the one sending the Svarakk around then?”

Tonnesen gave a nod, taking a sip of the beer before spitting it out. “This is bloody awful.” Taking her hoodie sleeve to wipe her mouth. The president shook her head, “I can pay for the information, I have quite a bit of money working for this and I don’t mind spending more for what I’m looking for.”

“It’s Vodeer.” The bartender responded sharply, walking towards Tonnesen behind the bar. “What in all of Odin’s wisdom is Vodeer?” The human looked at the Z’rei with a concern in her eye, fearing she just took a sip of some sort of poison.

A kemonomimi took a seat next to her, wearing a heavy gray raincoat and a face mask, as so her face was not easily recognized. Not that Tonnesen looked at them, given the rough neighborhood it’s understandable. The Z’rei gave a nod of acknowledgement pouring another glass for the new arrival. Then turning his attention back to the Tonnesen, “It’s a mix of vodka and beer. It’s the only thing we serve here.” Z’rei rested his hands on the bar.

“Ah, how delightful.” She tries to take another sip of her Vodeer, now aware of its contents. “I’m looking for a taxi driver, drives a modified Worker car, she’s a kemonomimi and picks up at the airport.” She leans forward towards the bartender.

“Why are you looking for this driver?” Z’rei raised an eyebrow, it’s not the first time someone was looking for a driver, sometimes Svarakk or gangs needing a getaway driver.

“I have a job for them, it’s good money.” Tonnesen didn’t want to give out too much information, not in this neighborhood. The Z’rei in response crossed their arms and gave a strong look towards the human. Tonnesen gave a sigh, “I want to hire her for m-.” She stopped herself, “My employer wishes to hire her for a racing team, series one. It’s good money.”

The bartender nodded, “What racing team, why her and how would they know you’re telling the truth?” Tonnesen gave a concerning glance to the bartender. “Why do you know her?” She questioned, to the Z’rei own guff voice. “I might have.”

Tonnesen gave a sigh, taking out her business card from her pocket. Sliding it over to the bartender, the Z’rei lifted it up to look at it before sliding it back. “I don’t read Fraknic. Tell you want, give me your pitch to her and I will pass it along.”

Tonnesen shook her head, but this was the closest she got so far to that mysterious taxi driver. “To the-” She was cut off by the bartender. “Give the pitch like I was that taxi driver.”

Sighing, starting over again. “Alright, Mrs. Mystery taxi driver, I would like to hire you to race professionally for Team Gyllir. We’re a new Series One race team and we need drivers, given your outstanding ability driving me to the race track, your ability to control your speed, feel of the car itself, precise and fine tune ability to drive. Team Gyllir wants you, particularly to drive for us.”

The bartender leaned back, crossing their arms. “Kinda nekyte pitch, to be honest.” Tonnesen took a strong drink of her drink after that comment, annoyed by this bartender. The bartender’s hand subtly made a small motion of a circle with his finger, though Tonnesen didn’t see it. The bartender spoke up again “How are you offering?”

“$750,000 in Hawkings, plus additional bonus for sponsorship deals, advertisements and so forth.” Toennesen spoke like it was an insignificant amount of money. In honesty, it was for Gyllir this whole Series One project of hers was a drop in the bucket for the massive company. Just an advertisement campaign for the new series of cars the company wants to push out into the market. For the bartender however, it was an impossible amount of money, he believed her already just by her attitude towards the situation and tone of voice. He gave a more visible hand gesture, sticking out his thumb and middle finger.

The kemonomimi to Toennesen side, took off her raincoat hood and lowered her facemask. The kemonomimi turned towards her, “Jævlien 750? Is it a one time thing?” Toennesen found her taxi driver. The company president spoke in a respectful tone, “No, that’s the salary. $750 thousand each year.”

“Spirits be kind…” Sølvi looked at the bartender who gave a nod, confirming that Toennesen was not speaking dishonestly, at least as far the retired fixer could tell. “What did I need to sign? Do I need to bring my own car?”

“You don’t need to bring your own car, we have one built already. I can have a car brought to the airport and fly us to the headquarters. We have to sign there.” Toennesen stood up, slightly shaking in the legs from Vodeer.

“No need for a car, just get the ticket and I drive us there.” Sølvi stood up, completely unphased by her own drinking. Her glass was completely empty. “Haven’t you been drinking? I can call an intern to pick us up.” Toennesen took out her phone, not leaving Sølvi with a choice in the matter.

“Wait, you have interns? I thought you were an intern.” The bartender raised an eyebrow at the human.

“No, I’m the company’s president. Laura Tonnesen, at your service.” Tonnesen reached out to shake the bartender’s hand.

“Guess that means your drink cost double.” Bartender shook her hand.

“I almost forgot all the excitement. What is your name, my mysterious driver?” Tonnesen reached into her pockets to pay for the drinks for herself and Sølvi Ny’Aæn.

“I’m Sølvi Ny’Aæn boss.” She spoke in her accented voice as the pair left the cabbie shelter.

2 Likes