[Embassy] The Land of Kings & Emperors

The Land of Kings and Emperors Foreign Despatch
TERRA REGUM IMPERATORUMQUE TOTUM MUNDUM REGET!
18th February 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 382 | Regional Rank: 21st
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Imperial_LKE/index.php[hr][hr]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7156/hsmgovbanner.png
Head of State: HSM Emperor Onder
Heir Apparent: HSH Crown Prince HEM Tiberius
Prince Imperial: HIH Cephal Talleyrand

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Josh Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister & Acting Exterior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika
Minister of the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
Minister of War: Christopher Bishop
Minister of Culture: MagentaFairy

[hr]

New Crown Prince Named

His Supreme Majesty, Onder Kelkia, named a HEM Tiberius as the new Crown Prince of The Land of Kings and Emperors on Thursday evening. The decision was confirmed in an atmosphere of much anticipation after the Emperor indicated an unspecified important announcement was pending two nights previously. A long-time servant of the LKE since the events surrounding the formation of Pactium Imperium in December 2006, Crown Prince HEM has enjoyed two successful terms as LKE Prime Minister, in mid-2007 and in early 2010, and since the conclusion of his second premiership has long been an acknowledged elder statesman in the region, including an earlier stint as Crown Prince in 2011, frequently intervening in regional controversies to give his informed take on the situation.

Since Crown Prince HEM’s succession, there has been much jubilation over the decision, as the common citizenry has rendered its congratulations in Hedingham Palace. Beyond these congratulation, Prime Minister Josh Sebastian, Intelligence Director Wilhelm Somerset, Joint Commander Christopher Bishop, cabinet ministers Simeon Barret and Sir Robin of Aelbarow, Guardian Counsellor Charles IX, newly elected World Assembly Delegate Bobracha and former Prime Minister Akillian all delivering public addresses in offer of great praise and support for Crown Prince HEM as he begins the challenge involved in this new position. Emperor Onder also confirmed that Crown Prince would assume the title Archduke of Niso, as is customary.

This appointment follows Thomas Falconio, the previous Crown Prince, moving on to take on less intensive responsibilities. Falconio has been with the LKE since May 2006, having served as Prime Minister in late 2007 and again in late 2009. During his time as Emperor Onder’s Crown Prince from November 2011, Falconio served as Prince Regent over several months in late 2012 and early 2013 when Emperor Onder took a leave of absence, serving admirably in line with the Emperor’s wishes. In honour of this great service, Emperor Onder created Falconio as the Duke of Deramore with the issue of Letters Patent CXXVI.

Finally, Emperor Onder also announced that additional constitutional powers to act on behalf of the Imperial Crown would be conferred upon Cephal Talleyrand as Prince Imperial and previously confirmed the appointment of Simeon Barret to the Guardian Council, his principal advisory body.

Emperor Onder delivered the following address after the announcement;

— Begin quote from ____

Since November 2011, Thomas Falconio has served as my Crown Prince, including a period as Prince Regent during an extended absence on my part over several months. He discharged this role excellently, leading the region to great heights in an era of prosperity. He is one of our true elder statesmen.

However, in light of his ongoing activity problems over the last few months and because of the the necessity for the region to have an active Crown Prince, ready to temporarily serve as regent if required, the time has come to honour Crown Prince Falconio’s service as he moves on from this role.

In recognition of his dedication to our region, from his time as Prince Regent to his terms as Prime Minister, Thomas Falconio is created to become the Duke of Deramore, in accordance with Letters Patent CXXVI. Alongside many other retired statesmen, Falconio’s unique and long-lasting service to the region across numerous roles warrants an award in this highest tier of our peerage.

It gives me great pleasure to announce the new Crown Prince will be HEM Tiberius. He will also enjoy the title of Archduke of Niso, as is customary.

Like Falconio, HEM has been serving the region as far back as 2006, having served as Prime Minister on multiple occasions, and was in fact my first Crown Prince during this reign, from January to November 2011. Additionally, HEM is the founder and Supreme Chancellor of Europeia, which is regarded as in practical terms the second-largest user-created region in the game, reflecting HEM’s great practical experience in cultivating regional growth. He has the stature for a position of this magnitude.

HEM and I of course do not always agree on everything - as back issues of LKET confirm. He can be sometimes be thought-provoking, sometimes controversial. Nonetheless, I trust that he will serve and lead our region well if required, as well as more generally providing an active presence on behalf of the Monarchy around our forums.

Please join me in congratulating Crown Prince HEM.

— End quote

Elections

In the recent Prime Minister election Josh Sebastian Chairman of the Imperial Party claimed victory against the Lion Party nominee, Sir Robin of Aelbarrow. The two largest parties of the region once again faced off against each other for the leadership of the government. The campaigning was often contentious but always directly about the issues. This election continues the Land of Kings and Emperors long standing tradition of open and fair elections. The final tally was very close with a good voter turnout.

Prime Minister Results

Josh Sebastian Imperial Party[PM] /Lord Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia Imperial Party [DPM] [56.25%]
Sir Robin of Aelbarrow Lion Party [PM] / Kaiserholt Lion Party [DPM] [43.75%]

Estates Common Results

The campaign for seats in the Estates Common was lively and filled with debate.

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [16.98%]
BARRET, Simeon (Imperial Party) [18.87%]
NAPOLEON IX (Imperial Party) [16.98%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [7.55%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [16.98%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [15.09%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [7.55%]

A special run-off election is being held to fill the last open seat of the Estates Common. The two candidates are:

Newcanada-Renaissance Party
Julian Ulrics- Independent

Prime Minister’s Inaugural Speech

The newly elected Prime Minister delivered the following inaugural address to the citizens of the Land of Kings and Emperors.

— Begin quote from ____

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen of The Land of Kings and Emperors!

It is a great honor and privilege to deliver this address before you today, as your new Prime Minister. I wish to express my profound gratitude to everyone who supported my bid for this high office, and for those who supported my Party as well, in the recently concluded elections. I also thank Akillian, my predecessor to this office, for his services to the region. I look forward to working with him, and the rest of the former administration in the continued development of our region.

Today marks a new journey for the LKE, one that has as its destination - the restoration of our positions as the greatest region in all of NationStates.

We build on the success from last term, where as a community, we’ve managed to halt our population decline and our forum activity has reached its highest levels since the summer of 2013 following several months of relative decline. But considering where we want to go, and what we want to be, this region cannot rest on its laurels and be complacent.

In this new task we have set ourselves to do, of rebuilding the greatness of the empire, I will need a government comprised of competent and committed individuals, those who have at their core the very interests of our dear empire. Fortunately enough, I found them, the perfect partners, and they’ve agreed to serve alongside us.

And so, I wish to announce the new Imperial Council who will work with me and Deputy Prime Minister Valfor:

Secretary of State for the Interior: Sir Robin of Aelbarrow
I have seen Robin’s resolve and dedication to his work, particularly in the Home office. His efforts have helped grow our population and retain new members, and I would have such trend continued.

Secretary of State for the Exterior: Simeon Barret
Simeon has proven himself to be an exceptional member of this community. He is a man with much needed vision and energy. His ideas and drive to get things done will be instrumental in reviving this great, yet sadly, largely ignored office.

Concurrently with his appointment to the Ministry, Simeon is hereby made as my government’s Special Representative to Munster, and will help supervise colonial efforts there.

Culture Minister: To be announced soon
As I stated in my campaign, the Culture Ministry will be a priority area under my term, and I intend to appoint someone who can deliver

The Ministry for the Colonies will be abolished under my term. And in its place, the Council of the Colonies will serve as the prime government instrumentality in planning, organizing and executing initiatives, projects, and programs.

I will be detailing the rest of the Government’s Agenda for this term in another address. In the coming days, we will be unveiling the objectives, targets, and plans of each individual ministry, and you can rest assured that this administration will be updating the citizenry on the progress or development of these.

We promised you service, and I assure you it is a promise we will be keeping. But we also need and look forward to your support and participation. We all can help. We all can do something. We’ve said that this term will mark the Great Renaissance of the LKE. Let’s work together to make that a reality!

Thank you all very much.

Praise the Emperor!
Glory to the Empire!

— End quote

Although Simeon Barret was appointed a Minister and elected to office for a few days into the term, Mr. Barret decided to step down from all roles and unfortunately renounced his Citizenship as well. Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika has become the Acting Exterior Minister, and a Special Election has already started to replace Former Senator Barret.

New Government off to an Ambitious Start

Prime Minister Sebastian and the new government have been very busy early in the term. Several programs designed to streamline and increase governmental efficiency have been initiated. The Prime Minister ran on a platform of transparency and accountability of government. He has re-opened the Press Office of Number 27 Layton Street and has issued several directives designed to help increase activity and accessibility to the government. The Exterior Ministry is also off to a good start with newly appointed Minister of the Exterior Simeon Barret publishing the Ministry of the Exterior agenda and setting off on a whirlwind 'Diplomatic Tour" of all of the Land of Kings and Emperors diplomatic relations. The Interior Ministry has published a report of it’s purpose and organization and has several new programs in the planning stages.

His Supreme Majesty Hands out Honours

His Supreme Majesty Emperor Onder Kelkia awarded several citizens for their dedication and hard work in the service of The Land of Kings and Emperors. Citizens honoured were:

Former Prime Minister and current Senator Akillian was raised to the title Baron of Crescent.

Newly elected Deputy Prime Minister Valfor Talleyrand-Vulkia was created the Viceroy of Norwood and appointed the Speaker of the Estates Noble.

Interior Minister and current Senator Sir Robin of Aelbarrow was created a Knight Commander of The Most Excellent Order of the Realm.

Now Former Exterior Minister and Senator Simeon Barret was created a Companion of the Order of Achievement.

Imperial Army Abroad

The UIAF, including the LKE’s Imperial Army, continues its occupation of Slavia, a region which was in the FRA when we invaded it. The occupation, which has endured for over a month, is a graphic example of the might of the UIAF and the Imperial Army. The UIAF continues to hold military operations in the name of Imperialism and to further our military cooperation. The Imperial have also conducted independent military operations as of late capturing several regions including the regions of Argartha and Zhe International Communist. These operations have shown that the Imperial Army is a formidable force, capable of protecting and advancing the interests of the Land of Kings and Emperors.

Munster The Crown Jewel of the Empire

http://www.ratemystudyabroad.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/pub-dublin-ireland_6794_600x450.jpeg

Munster continues to be a large and prosperous colony of His Supreme Majesty’s Empire. The population of the colony has reached 94 nations and is growing steadily. Viceroy of Munster RWP has reported to the Imperial Council and has been instrumental in helping continue the positive trend that the colony is experiencing. Prime Minister Sebastian has created a Colonial Council which will meet to discuss the direction and future of the Land of Kings and Emperors colonies.[hr]

Quite a badass avatar for the new PM, Josh.

14th April 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 331 | Regional Rank: 29th
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Imperial_LKE/index.php[hr][hr]
http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/rflags/the_land_of_kings_and_emperors__432435.png

The Imperial Council

Deputy Prime Minister Julian Ulrics
Minister of Culture: Cardinal Richelieu
Exterior Minister: Charles IX

[hr]

Elections

The latest election for Prime Minister mirrored the previous one in terms of candidates and results. The Lions Party once again fielded Sir Robin of Aelbarrow as their candidate while Josh Sebastian ran for re-election for a second term in office. As has become the norm, the two parties clashed on several issues as a heated campaign period took place before the polls were opened. Unlike in the previous elections, however Josh Sebastian took Julian Ulrics, a prominent independent of the LKE, as his candidate for Deputy Prime Minister, as opposed to a member of his own party. When the results came in, they were resoundingly in favor of this new Imperial Party - Independent pairing.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [PM] / ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [DPM] [64.71%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW, Lion Party [PM] / KAISERHOLT, Lion Party [DPM] [35.29%]

As usual the results of the Estates Commons election were neck and neck to the last minute, with only a few changes to the membership from last term. Most significantly, there are currently no members of the Renaissance Party in the Commons.

AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [12.68%]
CARDINAL RICHELIEU (Imperial Party) [14.08%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [15.49%]
NEWCANADA (Renaissance Party) [8.45%]
SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [14.08%]
SIR ROBIN OF AELBARROW (Lion Party) [11.27%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [14.08%]
WOLFRAM GREY, Kurogane (Independent) [9.86%]

Inaugural Address

Following his re-election, the Prime Ministers gave his second Inaugural Address at Number 27 Leyton Street. He assured the people that the oncoming term shall be no less productive than the last one, and also hinted at the planned Third Monarchic Conference.

— Begin quote from ____

To my dear fellow citizens of The Land of Kings and Emperors,

I am extremely grateful for your renewed and trust in confidence in me, and helping me secure another term in Layton. I would also like to thank you for supporting Lord Julian Ulrics and the rest of my party in the recently concluded elections.

The past term has seen remarkable achievements, both in initiatives abroad and here at home. But again, there is always room for improvement, and the comings weeks, this government will endeavor hard to sustain and build on the successes of our first term. The next two months will be particularly important if we are to ensure the continuation of our empire’s Renaissance.

To help me and Julian Ulrics achieve this, it gives me great honor to name the composition of my new Imperial Council:

For Exterior, I am appointing Charles IX. Charles will be overseeing an overhaul of the ambassadorial system, the continuation of talks with partner regions, and the help in the organization of the 3rd Monarchic Conference, which will serve as the foreign affairs centerpiece of my second term. We will be unveiling more information on this in the coming days.

For Culture, Cardinal Richelieu will be our point man. Richelieu will continue to work with Julian Ulrics in improving the Genesis Initiative, as well as the organization of the upcoming regional festival with Balder, and quite possibly Osiris as well. The Ministry will also be looking towards other activities that will cater to the cultural and civic interests of the members of the LKE Community.

The Imperial Authority for War will continue to be lead by Chris Bishop should he accept. As I stated, we wish to hold more operations this term, and continue to improve and build the capabilities of the Imperial Army.

To augment current script-operated recruitment, the Ministry of the Interior will be tasked to utilize other alternatives, particularly the reusing of the PARANS system. The naturalization campaign will be intensified, and to stimulate commitment in this field, a weekly competition scheme will be rolled out. I will hold the naming of my Secretary of State for this portfolio, until such time that the distinguished individual I asked to head the department, accepts.

For the Colonies, again, a conference will be called in Munster, and all stakeholders of the Colonial System will be invited to attend. This conference will seek to provide a comprehensive review of current policies, as well as come up with concrete and sustainable actions to aid the in the growth and development of our colonial territories.

Finally, to ensure the Imperial Council will have all the help that it can get,
I am naming our World Assembly Delegate as Minister without Portfolio. Bobracha will undeniably provide fresh insights and perspectives to the new government.

To conclude, this term will be another busy, if not, a busier one. We have a lot of projects and programs in store of you, beloved citizens, but in order to maximize their potential, we also need your help and support. Particularly, the government still needs help in filling positions that will seek to enlarge and better its service. Activity must also be sustained, both in the game and here. As such, I call on all our members to actively participate in RMB and Forum discussions and activities. Post replies, or start new threads, there’s so much to do. One citizen doing his share can spell a lot, can be the difference between our success or failure as a region.

That is all. As always, my office and my administration will be ready to accommodate whatever question, suggestion or concern you may have. Thank you very much, and again, I look forward to serving the region with your help and support. Together, let us continue the great revival of the Empire!

Praise the Emperor, Glory to the Empire!

— End quote

The Treaty of Maxonberg signed with Osiris
On March 28th, His Supreme Majesty signed the treaty of Maxonberg, which passed by the Estates Commons within two days of the signing. The treaty is designed to greatly strengthen the bonds of friendship and trust between the LKE and Osiris and encourages multiple forms of cooperation between the two regions. To quote the Prime Minister, who played a prominent role in creating the treaty; “Following successful negotiations with the Osiris Fraternal Order, I present to you the Treaty of Maxonberg which seeks to strengthen relations with the aforementioned region, including the establishment of concrete mutual obligations in the areas of military, diplomatic and cultural cooperation.”

Imperial Forces March Undaunted

Since our last foreign update, the LKE Imperial Army has been very busy carrying out United Imperial Armed Forces operations, alongside our close partners The New Inquisition Armed Forces and the Royal Albion Legion. In particular, the UIAF and The North Pacific Army conducted an occupation of Scotland lasting for 11 days, with LKE troops fully participating in the operation as UIAF units. This mission was designed to develop relations between The North Pacific and the UIAF regions, and the mission was conducted in accordance with The North Pacific Army’s standard protocol. Neither the United Defenders League nor the Founderless Regions Alliance was capable of mounting any attempt to unseat the joint UIAF-TNP forces, illustrating the UIAF’s continued superiority in the LKE and TNI’s wars with the UDL and the FRA.

At present LKE forces are participating in the UIAF’s support to the Lone Wolves United occupation of The Soviet Bloc. At time of writing 23 UIAF troops are deployed and more are on their way. This followed an update invasion, led by LWU and in which the UIAF participated, which removed the Lazarene Liberation Army from the region, unseating FRA Intelligence Minister Milograd as Delegate. This operation represents a victory against Lazarus, after its absurd purge of UIAF officials, and, as Lazarus is an FRA member-region, the FRA as a whole. Despite the promises of UDL Chief, Mahaj, the defenders have failed to ‘liberate’ the region. This is yet further confirmation of the LKE and TNI’s success through the UIAF in the wars against the FRA and the UDL.

In addition to the operations in Scotland and The Soviet Bloc, the UIAF alongside The Black Riders launched a successful counter-invasion of Anzia, freeing the region from the SCOP. Anzia is a member of the Green-Black Concordat, which provides troops to various signatories, including the LKE and the other UIAF regions, in exchange for non-aggression. SCOP attacked Anzia in protest of the occupation of Slavia, a region previously invaded while in the FRA in a great victory for the UIAF. While the UIAF was not bound under the Green-Black Concordat to actually defend Anzia as opposed to abstaining from attacking it, on being notified of the invasion the UIAF and TBR rapidly secured Anzia, quashing SCOP forces in the process. This counter-invasion, deemed a ‘liberation’ in defender language, also shows the versatility of UIAF forces in adapting to different types of operation.

Finally, Emperor Onder and Joint Commander Christopher Bishop have announced key changes in the leadership of the LKE Imperial Army and the LKE Division of the UIAF. Cephal Talleyrand, the outgoing Chief of the Imperial General Staff, and Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika, the outgoing LKE UIAF Division Commander, were thanked for their service and awarded the Chevron Medal to mark their achievement. Josh Sebastian has been selected to succeed both of them, becoming both Chief of the Imperial General Staff of the LKE Imperial Army and UIAF LKE Division Commander, ensuring unity of command. Additionally, after showing military ability Akillian was appointed Commanding Officer of the Habsburg Guard and Sir Robin was appointed Commanding Officer of the Caruba Infantry Regiment, which are the LKE’s UIAF regiments. The region was unanimous in its congratulations for these individuals.

Genesis Initiative Sets Sail

During the previous term, a bold undertaking was put into motion by the Prime Minister and Julian Ulrics. The Genesis Initiative is a regional roleplay set in the 18th century, which incorporates all the mechanisms of the LKE into it’s own unique realm of adventure and intrigue. Julian Ulrics, along with Culture Minister Cardinal Richelieu, have nurtured and expanded upon the Initiative greatly, refining the roleplay and adding more features almost daily. Already, the first session of the Imperial Senate has been called, to discuss a law regarding the safety of shipping and other maritime endeavours, and the nobles and royals of the realm have gathered to celebrate the Burning of Stajnost, a yearly celebration organized by the Baron of Arcadia. Already, many people have joined the realm of the Initiative, among them the Prime Minister, the Prince Imperial and even the Emperor himself.

Balder Festival Incoming
A large festival is planned between the Land of Kings and Emperors and the Realm of Balder, expected to kick off in about a week. Planning for the festival has gone on for a considerable amount of time, since the previous administration, and a meticulous amount of planning has gone into the finer details of the celebrations. The region anxiously awaits the beginning of the festival which, aside from being a bundle of fun wrapped up with a bow of excitement, will also further improve the bonds between the LKE and Balder
[hr]

Thanks for the update.

Quite an interesting election. I’m surprised the Renaissance Party did not receive a seat. I look forward to hearing about the new RP. Thanks for the update!

6th August 2014
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 318 | Regional Rank: 29th
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Imperial_LKE/index.php[hr][hr]
http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/rflags/the_land_of_kings_and_emperors__432435.png
Princess of Vienna: HIH Viktoria Gryfynn

The Imperial Council

Deputy Prime Minister Robin Shepard
Interior Minister: Akillian
Minister of Culture: Valfor Talleyrand-Vulika

[hr]

Elections

http://www.telugustuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/10-3-2010-elections1.jpg

This election, a rather surprising combination stood for election to the Premiership. Seeking to avoid the risks for both parties associated with a repeat of previous close-run contests for the premiership, the two, usually opposing, parties of the Land of Kings and Emperors, the Lion Party and the Imperial Party, united into one Coalition Government, in the belief that a bipartisan government would allow members of both parties to unite in serving the region based on a common imperialist programme. Thus, the former Prime Minister, Robin Shepard from the Lion Party, went to the polls as the DPM alongside his own predecessor, Josh Sebastian of the Imperial Party. Rather unsurprisingly, they won in landslide, handily beating Abstain, who, as many in the LKE have noted, has not been seen since his crushing defeat at the polls.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [PM] / SHEPARD, Robin (Lion Party) [DPM] [91.67%]
ABSTAIN [8.33%]

In the first round of elections for the Estates Common, results were a fair bit more even, with five candidates being elected, leading to a by-election to fill the sixth seat in the Estates Common. The By-election saw a three way competition between Imperial Party, Lion Party and Independent candidates.

Election Results:

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [27.03%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [24.32%]
AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [18.92%]
SHEPARD, Robin (Lion Party) [16.22%]
ULRICS, Julian (Independent) [13.51%]

By-Election Results:

TALLEYRAND-VULIKA, Valfor (Imperial Party) [46.15%]
KAISERHOLT (Lion Party) [30.77%]
TULLY, Tytos (Independent) [23.08%]

Estates Common Back Online

http://asbarez.com/App/Asbarez/eng/2011/12/1223france1.jpg

After focusing on scrutiny of the executive and approving treaties during the previous term, the Estates Common has come out swinging with fresh domestic legislation following this election. The only Independent member of the EC, Julian Ulrics, has been chosen as Speaker for this term, and the Senators have moved on to several new bills, including an update to our Citizenship Laws, a restructuring of our Legislative Speakership as well as the repealing of several formerly passed bills.

Order of the Golden Fleece Rising

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/biz/image/1394/75/1394753980453.jpg

Following the June signings of the Monarchist Treaty by the various rulers of the Land of Kings and Emperors, The New Inquisition, Albion, Denmark, Ceseris, Osiris, The New Galactic Empire, Great Britain, United Netherlands, Kantrias, Balder and Mazeria, the Order of the Golden Fleece has been established in the LKE as a culturally uniting force for the monarchies of Nationstates. The members of the Order have elected from amongst themselves two Grand Knights, one to represent the GCRs and one for the UCRs. The UCR Grand Knight shall serve a four month term, whereas the GCR Grand Knight shall come and go with the natural delegacy changes in Balder and Osiris.

ZetaBoards or InvisionFree?

Today, following an announcement earlier this week, the Emperor initiated a poll asking the citizens of the LKE whether they would prefer to stay in their current IF-supported or if they would prefer to make the move to the increasingly popular ZetaBoards, where the majority of Nationstates forums are. At present, the vote lies stands at 83.33% in favor of the move, with 16.67% of voters being against the forum transfer.

Attached below is the Emperor’s statement regarding the referendum;

— Begin quote from ____

Citizens, I am pleased to announce that, following consultation with the Guardian Council, I will be holding a referendum in four days time on whether this board should convert to ZetaBoards.

This follows on from excellent work by Valfor in creating a http://w11.zetaboards.com/LKE_Test_Forum/index/ to advance our preparations for this conversion. This should show you what the LKE forum would be like if we convert.

Any change will be permanent, so be aware that we will not be able to convert back.

You should feel free to start topics in the Capitolinus Mons arguing either for or against this change.

Please note that the outcome of the referendum may not be immediately implemented, but naturally we will seek to give it effect as soon as possible.

— End quote

Imperial Army Advances

http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/00753/parade-682_753523a.jpg

It has been a busy period for the United Imperial Armed Forces, especially the LKE Imperial Army. On 14th July 2014 Nazi Europe was re-founded in cooperation with The North Pacific. The occupation and re-found of Nazi Europe was and continues to be a huge strike against Nazi and fascist forces. This operation serves to forward the LKE’s war against the Greater German Reich (declared in May 2012 over their invasion of The United Kingdom of Britain), which through the Right Wing Uprising has defended Nazi Europe.

Further proof of the LKE’s dedication towards this cause came during the second Liberal Haven counter-invasion against Right Wing Uprising. The LKE with the United Imperial Armed Forces under the coordination of the Imperial Realms Sovereign Army of Balder and Osiris was able to drive back the fascist forces at the minor update. The United Imperial Armed Forces provided the most updaters for the counter invasion during the short organization time that it took to plan out the operation. This operation was in the backdrop to the larger United Imperial Armed Forces deployment in Ixnay, supporting our friends The Black Riders, where the United Imperial Armed Forces was the largest flagged force.

Currently, the United Imperial Armed Forces is occupying the self-proclaimed neutral region of Canada, which is the third largest founderless UCR currently in existence. In coordinaton with The West Pacific and The Black Hawks, a long term sleeper operation was taking place in the region. It was on 3rd August 2014 the region of Canada was invaded with nearly 27 updaters from a grand showing of imperialist, independent and raider might. The UIAF provided 11 updaters, with 6 of these updaters coming from the LKE. This was a mighty showing and, even more impressively, there are currently over 32 UIAF deployed troops in Canada as we speak, with a greater number of 70 combined units from all parties involved.

Thanks for the update.

Interesting read. Thanks.

22nd January 2015
WA Delegate: The Holy Delegatory Empire of Bobracha | Nation Count: 316 | Regional Rank: 27th
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Imperial_LKE/index/[hr][hr]

The Imperial Council

Deputy Prime Minister Akillian
Minister of Culture: Zack Saxton

[hr]

New Forums Unveiled

http://franquiasbaratasparainvestir.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/franquia-2.jpg

After many months of hard work and preparations, the Land of Kings and Emperors has successfully completed her transition to Zetaboards! Thanks to the amazing work of Valfor Talleyrand-Fominov and Royal Penguin, the InvisionFree forum and community has been completely and safely transferred to Zetaboards, almost two years after the discussion regarding the switch first appeared. The New Year’s Day transfer was so well done and the old forum so well replicated that many citizens didn’t even realize the change had taken place until they encountered the first Zeta-only features. In recognition for his hard work and dedication to this project, His Supreme Majesty elevated Valfor to Duke of Crownchester, stating;

— Begin quote from ____

This is in recognition of the significant time and effort it must have taken to create, test and modify our ZetaBoards skin, enabling our conversion. This is the first time a dukedom has been awarded to a non-royal who joined the region after 2006.

— End quote

Elections

The end Prime Minister Zack Saxton’s term in early January brought about a new election taken largely in the spirit of cooperation for the greater good. With the new forums still in need of straightening out and the region going through a crucial time in this new era, the two parties of the LKE, the Imperial Party and the Lion Party, opted for a coalition government, united behind the idea of helping the region in this critically important moment, rather than risk division. Former multiple term Prime Minister Josh Sebastian ran for another term in 27 Layton Street, with prominent Lion Party member Akillian as his Deputy. The duo proved powerful indeed, earning unanimous support from the region, the first instance in many elections in which not a single person abstained from voting.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [PM] / AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [DPM] (100%)
ABSTAIN (0%)

In the elections for the Estates Commons, the race was far more neck-and-neck, with the potential of a tie lasting until the latter half of the voting period. In the end, however, no by-election was needed, and a new Commons assembled from Imperials, Lions and even a newcomer Independent candidate.

SEBASTIAN, Josh (Imperial Party) [18.4%]
TALLEYRAND-FOMINOV, Valfor (Imperial Party) [18.4%]
MYSTOGAN (Independent) [16.3%]
CHARLES IX (Imperial Party) [14.3%]
SAXTON, Zack (Lion Party) [12.2%]
AKILLIAN (Lion Party) [12.2%]
BISHOP, Christopher (Lion Party) [8.2%]

New Constitution Proposed

http://studentthinktank.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/EU-parliamentarian-elections-2.jpg

With the prominent changes and possibilities associated with the new forums, the Estates Common has been presented with the proposal of enacting the Tenth Constitution of the Land of Kings and Emperors. Though the document for the most part largely accepted, heated debate is taking place regarding certain aspects. Perhaps the most contested point is the inclusion of a new legislative body open to all citizens of the realm, known as the Congress of Sovereigns. Currently designated to having sessions whenever the Estates General is dissolved, some Senators believe this new body is entirely unneeded, while others believe the proposal does not go far enough and argue for an expansion of its powers and abilities. The potential changes within the new Constitution also include a change in the powers of the Estates Noble and a redesign of the Citizenship System.

New Year’s Honors

http://www.queensroyalsurreys.org.uk/colonels/AGR_0059_300.jpg

His Supreme Majesty honored several loyal citizens during the New Year’s, awarding Knightly Orders and Titles to the many deserving members of the LKE community. Among the honored was the previously mentioned Valfor Talleyrand-Fominov, who received his Ducal Title to much acclaim from the people, including a truly touching speech by the Crown Prince, HEM Tiberius.

— Begin quote from ____

Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening.

His Supreme Majesty has just signed Letters Patent CXXXII promoting Valfor Talleyrand Vulika to the rank of Duke.

Today it is on the occasion of Lord Valfor’s accession that I am honored to give a few words commemorating our region and her progress. Duke Valfor has performed the Land of Kings and Emperors a magnificent service that has served as the capstone of our conversion from Invisionfree to Zetaboards. For that action, and many others, he becomes the first “modern citizen” of Land of Kings and Emperors to be given the privilege of serving our realm as a Duke.

Up with Duke Valfor!

This period of forum conversion is a time of change for the Land of Kings and Emperors, of that there can be no doubt. The only question I pose to you is whether this change shall be aesthetic only, or shall vibrate through every part of our region?

There is no way to diminish the magnificent things our region has accomplished for the last nine years. There is absolutely no way to diminish the dedicated patriots who have served us from the lofty offices of the Prime Minister, to the footmen in our military and ambassador services.

I am very fond of the story of two Irish lads who reached a wall seemingly too high to scale. The lads proceeded only by throwing their hats over the wall, giving them no choice but to follow.

This can be our destiny; achieving the unachievable.

In the spirit of Duke Valfor we must seize the day, we must give everything that we have, and we must usher the Land of Kings and Emperors into 2015 with intentions to realize the dreams of the LKE pioneers who – on two separate occasions – sought to build this region from the ground up.

The future of bright, but let us make it brighter.

Our region has accomplished much, now let us accomplish more.

Duke Valfor has been awarded one of our highest peerages, who shall best him?

Now is the time for regional heroes, and together we reach for the stars.

Hail Duke Valfor!
Hail Emperor Onderkelkia!
Hail the Land of Kings and Emperors!

— End quote

Also among honored were former Prime Minister Zack Saxton, who was made Baron of Crescent, long standing member of the community Christopher Bishop, named a Guardian Counsellor and Akillian Talleyrand, former Prime Minister and many-times Minister of the Realm, who became the Viscount Dacre. Lastly, Kurogane Wolfram Grey, a recently returned veteran of the Land of Kings and Emperors community was named as Speaker of the Estates Noble several days after the initial wave of Honors.

Treaties and Friendships

On November 17th, His Supreme Majesty signed the treaty of Argyll, which passed by the Estates Commons shortly the signing. The treaty is designed to greatly strengthen the bonds of friendship and trust between the LKE and the United Kingdom and encourages multiple forms of cooperation between the two regions. To quote Prime Minister Sebastian;

— Begin quote from ____

The United Kingdom is the largest British-themed region in the game, and one of the biggest User Created Regions. Incidentally, we share common core values and traditions, particularly with respect to Monarchism and their desire to pursue an imperialist policy. These are just some of the many unique traits which make the UK a very promising ally and partner.

I am sure that with the present government headed by Prime Minister Alec Stuart, our two great regions can work together to pursue meaningful, worthy and successful ventures, especially in the fields of military cooperation, intelligence, culture and diplomacy. The treaty captures the potential and promise of our two region’s friendship and partnership.

— End quote

The LKE at Arms!

On the major update of Friday 16th January, the Imperial Army alongside the United Imperial Armed forces lead the successful invasion of Eastern Europe. There was absolutely no defender opposition against the strike. The update operation was supported by our allies from Europeia and The Black Riders, as well our close friends from the Black Hawks. There was a total of 18 updaters with the UIAF providing the largest number out of all the groups. Two treatied allies came to assist with the occupation, Balder and United Kingdom. The Communist Bloc came along and assisted with the operation.

In December, the UIAF assisted with several operations planned by our close friends from The Black Hawks in the form of occupations of Region Inc and Equestria. These were both two impressive targets. In both cases the UIAF provided the largest flagged force.

20th February 2015
WA Delegate: The Zack Saxton of Aelbarrow | Nation Count: 435 | Regional Rank: 19th

The Imperial Council

Minister of Culture: Zack Saxton

[hr]

New World Assembly Delegate

It was with a heavy heart that the LKE dismissed our former World Assembly Delegate, Bobracha, after many long months of service to our region. While his removal was most unfortunate, it opened up the uncommon process of electing a new WAD, an opportunity not nearly as regularly available as that of Government elections. Perhaps because of this, the election turned into quite the event, with three separate candidates running for the post after several days of heated campaigning. As the header of this update has likely already revealed, Zack Saxton, the current Minister of Culture, managed to secure the Delegacy by a sliver of the votes cast, and managed to secure the necessary in-game endorsements with promising speed.

Constitution X

As was explained in great detail in our previous update, the Estates Common, following the LKE’s revolutionary transfer from Invisionfree to Zetaboards, began working on the new, tenth, Constitution of the Land of Kings and Emperors. Since then, the document, which among other things greatly empowers the Upper House of the LKE Parliament and drafts a new, more unique take on regional citizenship, has been presented to His Supreme Majesty the Emperor, who officially signed it into function on February 9th, fully confirming that with its new forums, the LKE is entering a whole new, revised, age.

The Triple Regency

Even before the signing of the Constitution, His Supreme Majesty had made it known that, due to increasing preoccupation with Real Life matters, he would be delegating some of his powers to a Regency Council that will help lead the region. The Council was formerly established on 11th February, alongside the announcement of some important personnel changes. His Supreme Highness, Crown Prince HEM Tiberius, His Imperial Highness, Cephal Talleyrand the Prince Imperial and His Lordship Wilhelm Somerset, newly named Lord Protector have been granted access to many of His Supreme Majesty’s powers and resources for the duration of this regency period, with the Prime Minister and the Emperor’s Guardian Council also being given increased prominence in the day-to-day management and monitoring of the region.

With the appointment of Lord Somerset to the Regency Council, Lord Josh Sebastian was named as the new Director-General of the Imperial Intelligence Agency. He was also made Deputy Joint Commander of the United Imperial Armed Forces, with the rank of Lieutenant-General. He was retained in his current rank of General in the LKE Imperial Army. Meanwhile, with Lord Sebastian’s new responsibilities, two positions opened up, the Chief of the Imperial General Staff, which was filled by GEBM, and the UIAF Division Commander, which was taken over by Akillian.

In a massive public showing of support and endearment, the public unilaterally proclaimed their trust in the three regents, as well as our full support for His Supreme Majesty’s endeavors and trials. The Emperor himself remarked on the excellent nature of this post-forum switch period in LKE history, and put his full support and endorsement behind his three regents, stating;

— Begin quote from ____

All three regents are capable of discharging the office of Emperor and together provide the ideal combination of characteristics to perform my role. We owe them great thanks for stepping up. I am sure they will be as active as can be reasonably expected in the circumstances and highly competent in fulfilling their defined responsibilities.

— End quote

United Kingdom State Visit

On November 17th, the United Kingdom and the Land of Kings and Emperors officially signed the Treaty of Argyll, which made official the strong bonds of friendship, cooperation and support between our two regions. To celebrate and cultivate this new amity, the Emperor, the Crown Prince and the Prime Minister are currently visiting the UK, having already received a wonderful welcome from the local people, as well as local honors. The LKE is extremely grateful to our allies for their immense, ongoing hospitality and we look forward to returning it in full when the United Kingdom in turn sends its own delegation to our region.

Population Boom!

To the great joy of all LKE citizens, our population has seen a remarkable period of growth in the past few weeks, rising steadily to break the 400 nations mark on February 14th and carrying on from there in a remarkable activity spike. We are extremely proud and excited to welcome these many new nations and citizens to the Land of Kings and Empires, and doubly so excited to see what unique skills, talents and personalities they will bring to our new forums!

Armed Success on All Fronts

Near the beginning of the month of February, the UIAF assisted with various deployments and commitments. The region of the Atheist Empire was invaded and captured by The Black Riders, a region that is allied with the LKE and other UIAF regions. The region currently has over ninety endorsements marking the large turnout of troops from all over. Only a few days from this deployment, the LKE alongside the UIAF deployed a number of troops to support the native delegate of Stargate. The region of Stargate is an ally of The North Pacific, a friend who has supported the UIAF on numerous occasions.

While the Atheist Empire is a major focus of UIAF deployment efforts, the UIAF assisted our ally of Europeia in their invasion of Meridon, which has only lasted for a single update. The LKE has also prepared several training operations led by the new Chief of the Imperial General Staff GEBM, taking over for Josh Sebastian, over the course of several updates hitting numerous targets. Josh Sebastian was named the new Deputy General of the UIAF, hoping to take on a more active role of leading the military alliance. Replacing Josh Sebastian as LKE Division Commander is Akillian, a longtime member of the LKE.

Thanks for the update.

29th March 2015
WA Delegate: The Zack Saxton of Aelbarrow | Nation Count: 717 | Regional Rank: 17th

The Imperial Council

Interior Minister: Bob Moran
Exterior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand-Fominov
Minister of Culture: Alexander Roderigo

[hr]

Sky is the Limit for the LKE

http://ak5.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/2643827/preview/stock-footage-business-diagram-with-red-arrow.jpg

March was a momentous month for the region, with the LKE breaking domestic population records, and firmly securing it’s position as the largest Imperialist user-created region in NationStates. The region currently stands at 717 nations and 82 World Assembly Delegate votes. This impressive feat comes at the heels of intensified manual recruitment operations, led by the new Home Ministry leadership as well as the effective automated recruitment system that remains in place; the LKE capitalizing on a game-wide population boost thanks to the advertisement on the game in Reddit.At the home front, Customs saw a rise of members signing up to become Electors (citizens) of the region.

When asked for a comment on the spike in regional numbers, the Home Minister had this to say: “Yes, all this recruitment has been quite some work, we even emptied the LKE tea reserves!”

Second Successive Sweep

March marks the second successive sweep for the Sebastian - Talleyrand-Epistre administration. Several months ago the administration was able to win without any abstain votes, however, the LKE is starting 2015 off strong with the Administration tallying the largest vote any administration in the history of the LKE was able to achieve, without any votes funneled to abstain. Combine this achievement with the ever-expanding population and activity boom in the LKE, 2015 is not starting with a sizzle, spice, or ember. 2015 in the LKE is starting with a Boom and Clap!

Elections Just MARCHed By

http://images.glaciermedia.ca/polopoly_fs/1.85319.1416052255!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_563/ballot-box-voting-election.jpg

The LKE saw several elections at the start of March. For Prime Minister, the LKE has shown strength through unity by, as mentioned above, re-electing favorites Josh Sebastian and Akillian to Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, respectively.

For the Estates Common, it turns out to be a different story. The election to the Commons saw a surplus of candidates, which means unfortunately some bids had to be sent home. With a record combined total vote, the following were elected:

Josh Sebastian with 18.8%,
Valfor Talleyrand-Fominov and Charles IX with 17.2% each,
Alexander Rogerigo and Mystogan with 12.5% each.

The Imperial Party triumphed by securing 4 of those 5 seats. The other 6th seat, interestingly, had to be moved to a run off because of a tie between experienced member Akillian and new-comer Vaculatestar Fominov. Within that runoff, which also met the record of the PM vote, the Lion Party triumphed by securing Akillian a seat with 67% of the vote. New comer Vaculatestar Fominov of the Imperial Party was the final person who had to be sent home with a resulting 33% of the runoff vote. One thing is for sure - with activity comes competition, even for our most seasoned politicians!

Regional Reforms and Launch of the 10th Foundation Anniversary

With the new Imperial Council announced, the Prime Minister led the government in discussing new projects and programs for the next 10 weeks. On top of the agenda is a new welcoming and integration system which features closer cooperation between the Home Ministry and the World Assembly Delegate Office in encouraging new nations to join check out the forums and sign for full citizenship. The Civil Service is also currently being reviewed, with the government exploring ways on how to make members more engaged and involved in regional management, as well as the create an opportunity for newer members to learn and practice their leadership capabilities. The forum is also currently being reviewed, as there are efforts to simply and trim down the structure to make it more simple and user-friendly.

Meanwhile, the government has confirmed that there will be a regional festival slated for April which will feature the launch of the 10th Foundation Anniversary of The Land of Kings and Emperors. This was supposedly scheduled earlier sometime in January, but government has since decided to push back the launch date to April, alongside the planned Summer Festival.

The Prime Minister will be opening the theme-making contest, a competition open to all LKE citizens and residents that will identify the foundation anniversary theme. The submission of entries will be from 28th March and will run for two weeks. The judging and voting will follow, for another two-week period, with the winning entry to be announced during the summer festival itself.

The theme should be inline with the regions 10 years of existence, as well as it position as the leading imperialist region in the game.

Diplomatic Undertakings

Layton officials announced that the United Kingdom will be sending over a delegation to the LKE for a State Visit this March 27. The visit will follow up on the discussions that occurred earlier in the UK forums. Following the signing of the Treaty of Argyll last year, the two regions saw an increase in cooperation on multiple fronts, including diplomatic and military undertakings.

Meanwhile, the LKE is securing a treaty with the Kingdom of Great Britain, another promising imperialist region. Negotiators from both regions have been in touch for several weeks now, hashing out details for the document which will feature close security, military and diplomatic cooperation among other projects.

April 2015
WA Delegate: The Zack Saxton of Aelbarrow | Nation Count: 732 | Regional Rank: 17th

The Imperial Council

Interior Minister: Bob Moran
Exterior Minister: Valfor Talleyrand
Minister of Culture: Alexander Roderigo

[hr]

Still Soaring

http://www.hedgeco.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/0cc09_increaseArrowUp.jpg

March was a momentous month for the region, with the LKE breaking domestic population records, but April has been even better. Our regional population continues to soar!

This is only an indication that our policies of recruitment, welcoming, and integrating new members absolutely works, because not only do we still have a soaring population, but we also have some turnover to the forum, which is what our goal has been all along.

May the LKE continue to soar! Long gone are the days of low population, low turnover rates, and low activity!

New Diplomatic Undertakings

With all this added activity comes new foreign friends. The LKE is in the process of ratifying a treaty that would create an organisation called the Congress of Sovereigns, in which the LKE, the United Kingdom, and the Kingdom of Great Britain are the members. The Congress of Sovereigns seeks to establish an imperialist alliance to promote closer cooperation between the signatories and advance the interests of the Imperialist sphere.

Secondly, the LKE is also in the process of securing an agreement with Equilism where they will recognize our colonies. The Prime Minister has also put forward a non-aggression clause. Now this might appear lean when compared to our standard treaty, but this is only because for the moment, these are the provisions Equilism is comfortable with, and the LKE intends to respect that.

Forum Reforms and Launch of the 10th Foundation Anniversary

The LKE forum has undergone, and possibly will still undergo, changes to the setup of the forum. Most of the government offices have been slimmed down, and the most important things are shown first. This allows the ability of new members to still maneuver their way through the forum without any added government bloat. Our forum is significantly smaller, that way all members can get to what they need very quickly.

The Imperial Council is still making its early plans to host the 10th Anniversary of the LKE. The Council is in the finalization process of getting everything organized with the activities and and to finalize a nice theme to go well with the 10th Anniversary.

Large Successes on the Military Front

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Peace/2013/Military/air_force_flyover_AP.jpg
Since the dissolution of the UIAF in late March, the LKE Imperial Army has been reorganizing itself successfully. From late march up to early April, we supported our partners of the Black Hawks in a sucessful operation in South Pacific, providing 13 flagged units. Our support has undeniably been key in preventing further ‘liberation’ attempts on the region.

The Imperial Army has also very recently deployed in The Union, in support of our allies from Albion, this time providing up to 20 flagged units, one of our highest deployement since 2010. This reflects the wider success of our recruitment and military reforms. As ever, The Land of Kings and Emperors remains staunchly committed in furthering the cause of Imperialism and supporting its allies.

Thanks for the update. Congrats on the population surge.

The Land of Kings and Emperors Government has seen a statement released by the NationStates Moderators announcing that the player Bob Moran has been operating an illegal recruitment script for two regions: The Black Riders and the LKE. The Moderators announced that the Administrators had imposed a sanction of a 3 month ban on all recruiting from the LKE as a punishment for Bob Moran’s illegal script.

The only form of automated recruitment sanctioned by the LKE has been a legal API recruitment script on Onderkelkia’s nation. This has been in continuous operation since 2013. Bob Moran had no involvement with this script and he had no access to our API key. No one else in the LKE had any knowledge of Bob Moran’s actions. Bob Moran was appointed Chief of the Imperial General Staff at the end of January 2015 and Interior Minister in 8th March, but neither of these positions entitled him to act in the way he did on behalf of the LKE. We had no knowledge of association with Anur-Sanur/Frak at the time when he was appointed to these positions.

We condemn Bob Moran’s actions. Indeed we are in a state of total shock and outrage over them. Of the many treasons to befall the LKE over its near decade long history, this is the worst. Now the Moderators have confirmed his wrongdoing, he has been banished for life from The LKE by the Emperor under Lettre de Cachet 0007. This is only the second time this extremely grave extrajudicial procedure has been used to ban a citizen since 2007.

The Moderator announcement added that Bob Moran’s script was developed in concert with the DOS player Anur-Sanur/Frak. It is known Anur-Sanur/Frak despised the LKE, as well as the Emperor as an individual. It is extremely unlikely that he would have carried out any actions with the intention of helping us. If Bob Moran was working with Anur-Sanur/Frak, then it is quite possible that their actions were intended to ultimately damage the LKE.

We stand ready to assist with any investigation into Bob Moran’s actions.

We note the Administrators’ punishment of a three month ban on recruitment imposed against the LKE. We have concerns about the fact that this ban was announced before any investigation into whether anyone else in the LKE was aware of Bob Moran’s actions, especially as Sedgistan’s announcement referred to the LKE as a whole using the script: in fact the LKE merely (for the time before it was discovered) unknowingly benefited from the script, rather than having used it. We will be submitting an appeal against this ban on three grounds:

1. It offends all principles of fairness and natural justice for collective punishment to be imposed on the entire LKE, in the absence of any intention, knowledge, recklessness or negligence for operating the script on our part. Apart from the fact we knew nothing about it, there is no way the LKE could have detected what Bob Moran was doing any-more than the Moderators did prior to Bob Moran’s involvement with Anur-Sanur/Frak being publicly aired. Any level of sanction is therefore unfair to the LKE. The LKE as a region has been committed to this site for 10 years; our players don’t deserve to be treated unfairly simply to set an example when we have done nothing wrong.

2. The 3 month ban on recruitment was surely intended to go beyond the question of correcting the number of additional nations gained from Bob Moran’s illegal script, to also include elements of retribution and deterrence. Therefore it cannot be said that the LKE is merely being deprived of what Bob Moran gave it. It is additionally very hard to calculate the precise number of nations that the LKE would be deprived of with any period of recruitment restriction. The Moderators have yet to disclose to us, despite a request, precisely how long Bob Moran’s LKE script was in operation.

3. If regions can be sanctioned for actions over which they had no control, the actions of one player (who was potentially undertaking an act of sabotage against them), then this provides an incentive for individuals to carry out illegal recruitment on behalf of regions they dislike in order to cause them damage. This action could therefore be said to encourage rather than deter rule-breaking.

We hope that that the Administrators will review and reverse their decision on the matter.

Onder Kelkia, Emperor
HEM Tiberius, Crown Prince
Cephal Talleyrand, Prince Imperial
Wilhelm Somerset, Lord Protector
Josh Sebastian, Prime Minister

One could indeed have some questions about the moderators’ decision here.

May-June 2015
WA Delegate: The Zack Saxton of Aelbarrow | Nation Count: 410 | Regional Rank: 27th

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Theoden Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister Ernest “Uncle” Roe
Interior Minister: Kyle Aetherius
Minister of Culture: Lady Munchausen

[hr]

May’s Election Round-Up

http://www.thepeoplesbudget.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/election.jpg

May’s Election has just passed! This is actually the first time the Lion Party has not contested the election for the Estates Common, but it’s also the first with a majority of new members on the ballot. The following is the certified results of the Estates Common results.

Kyle Aetherius [IP] with 14.5%
Ernest “Uncle” Roe [IP] with 13%
NexoFX [IP] with 11.6%
Theoden Sebastian [IP] with 20.3%
Valfor Talleyrand [IP] with 20.3%
Mystogan [IND] with 13%

Valfor Talleyrand declined to run for re-election as Speaker and instead endorsed Kyle Aetherius for Speaker. Aetherius did win the Speaker election, but opted to appoint Talleyrand as his Deputy.

All candidates were duly elected, of which 5 were from the Imperial Party with only 1 as an Independent. However, this election marks the end of the Imperial-Lion “tag team”. In the election for the Prime Ministership, as expected, the incumbent won once again. The following is the certified results of the election.

Zack Saxton [PM]/Akillian Talleyrand [DPM] [LP] with 37.5%
Theoden Sebastian [PM]/Ernest “Uncle” Roe [DPM] [IP] with 62.5%

Turnout was relatively high this election. We just hope it will continue to stay this way!

LKE Summer Bash

If you’re reading this, chances are that you are invited to the LKE Summer Bash! Join us for some good ol’ summer fun, friendship, and we can never forget the food!

Come one, come all! This isn’t possible without you! Play some games, meet, greet, link with people inter-regionally. All the advantages of attending our Summer Bash this year is practically unlistable! You know, you should never turn down a party, especially if it’s being hosted by the LKE for one!

The LKE Summer Bash will be from June 15th to the 17th, and all our mighty fine guests have to do is create an account, if they already don’t have one!

Active Foreign Affairs

The Land of Kings and Emperors has signed a bilateral agreement with the Equilism Commonwealth of Nations, ushering in a new chapter in the relationship of both two historic regions. The Territorial Sovereignty Accords binds both regions to 1.) recognize and respect each other’s colonies, protectorates, and other military holdings, and 2.) conduct defensive maneuvers when a territory of either signatory is endangered by enemy forces.

Meanwhile, the Prime Minister was also in talks with the leadership of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands. The successful summit produced a new bilateral agreement between the regions, the Treaty of Lelystad. The agreement contains provisions on military, security, and cultural cooperation among other matters.

The Land of Kings and Emperors looks forward to its new partnership with the Equilism Commonwealth of Nations and the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and wish their governments and their citizens the very best in all their endeavors.

The LKE also attended an educational summit that was hosted by the Kingdom of Great Britain, where discussions are currently wrapping up between KGB, LKE, TNP, and the UK. Discussions have been going on since May in an attempt to develop and improve upon educational institutions within member regions. The end result would be an interregional agreement outlining further corporation and support.

Among some of things that were discussed were a Council of Interregional Educational Cooperation (CIEC), which will consist of University Chancellors that will meet to promote education in member regions as well as make recommendations for university success, and additionally a foreign exchange programme to maintain interregional cooperation/support while aiding in the dissemination of knowledge.

On the Way to Reformation

http://mmdl.org/images/change_button.jpg

The new Estates Commons is already getting geared up for some amendments. Of the ones in the chamber now have all been proposed by Deputy Speaker and Imperial Party Leader Valfor Talleyrand.

The first is an amendment to the World Assembly Delegate Act (2015), in which it will restrict non-Delegate nation’s endorsements to 35% of the endorsements of the WA Delegate. If passed, this will be the first of its kind since Talleyrand has been in the LKE, he says. The second is a constitutional amendment in which it reads that if the Emperor or his designees are not available, then the Lord Chancellor may fill in the role to be the Elections Administrator. Talleyrand says this will be helpful, since it would allow a broader number of inviduals to administrate the elections, just in case the Emperor is not around to certify the official results. If passed, then this amendment would reinforce the requirement of the Lord Chancellor to be non-partisan.

The Estates Noble is also on its way to reform. Debate in the Estates Noble is currently about its Standing Orders and how it defines its members within the body, mainly for more accurate number counting and activity purposes. One side of the debate does not want to define who its members are (which, by default, does not define an accurate number to pass a bill), while on the other hand, the Prime Minister is advocating for a definition of the Estates Noble members to give an accurate number for the Speaker to certify passage of a bill.

The Estates General, in its totality, has also taken the time to finally honor LKE citizens who embody the spirt of the Land of Kings and Emperors and deserve to be immortalized. It does have some hefty requisites, such as the person in question needs to be confirmed by two-thirds of the Estates General and approved by the Emperor. Senators have made it clear that this is so that only those of the highest achievements and honourability may be inducted into the Hall of Honour.

Sorry, this is in the wrong embassy. I am the ambassador from both regions and got confused. I will see if the admins can remove this.

May-June 2015
WA Delegate: The Zack Saxton of Aelbarrow | Nation Count: 410 | Regional Rank: 27th

The Imperial Council

Prime Minister: Theoden Sebastian
Deputy Prime Minister Ernest “Uncle” Roe
Interior Minister: Kyle Aetherius
Minister of Culture: Lady Munchausen

[hr]

May’s Election Round-Up

http://www.thepeoplesbudget.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/election.jpg

May’s Election has just passed! This is actually the first time the Lion Party has not contested the election for the Estates Common, but it’s also the first with a majority of new members on the ballot. The following is the certified results of the Estates Common results.

Kyle Aetherius [IP] with 14.5%
Ernest “Uncle” Roe [IP] with 13%
NexoFX [IP] with 11.6%
Theoden Sebastian [IP] with 20.3%
Valfor Talleyrand [IP] with 20.3%
Mystogan [IND] with 13%

Valfor Talleyrand declined to run for re-election as Speaker and instead endorsed Kyle Aetherius for Speaker. Aetherius did win the Speaker election, but opted to appoint Talleyrand as his Deputy.

All candidates were duly elected, of which 5 were from the Imperial Party with only 1 as an Independent. However, this election marks the end of the Imperial-Lion “tag team”. In the election for the Prime Ministership, as expected, the incumbent won once again. The following is the certified results of the election.

Zack Saxton [PM]/Akillian Talleyrand [DPM] [LP] with 37.5%
Theoden Sebastian [PM]/Ernest “Uncle” Roe [DPM] [IP] with 62.5%

Turnout was relatively high this election. We just hope it will continue to stay this way!

LKE Summer Bash

If you’re reading this, chances are that you are invited to the LKE Summer Bash! Join us for some good ol’ summer fun, friendship, and we can never forget the food!

Come one, come all! This isn’t possible without you! Play some games, meet, greet, link with people inter-regionally. All the advantages of attending our Summer Bash this year is practically unlistable! You know, you should never turn down a party, especially if it’s being hosted by the LKE for one!

The LKE Summer Bash will be from June 15th to the 17th, and all our mighty fine guests have to do is create an account, if they already don’t have one!

Active Foreign Affairs

The Land of Kings and Emperors has signed a bilateral agreement with the Equilism Commonwealth of Nations, ushering in a new chapter in the relationship of both two historic regions. The Territorial Sovereignty Accords binds both regions to 1.) recognize and respect each other’s colonies, protectorates, and other military holdings, and 2.) conduct defensive maneuvers when a territory of either signatory is endangered by enemy forces.

Meanwhile, the Prime Minister was also in talks with the leadership of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands. The successful summit produced a new bilateral agreement between the regions, the Treaty of Lelystad. The agreement contains provisions on military, security, and cultural cooperation among other matters.

The Land of Kings and Emperors looks forward to its new partnership with the Equilism Commonwealth of Nations and the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and wish their governments and their citizens the very best in all their endeavors.

The LKE also attended an educational summit that was hosted by the Kingdom of Great Britain, where discussions are currently wrapping up between KGB, LKE, TNP, and the UK. Discussions have been going on since May in an attempt to develop and improve upon educational institutions within member regions. The end result would be an interregional agreement outlining further corporation and support.

Among some of things that were discussed were a Council of Interregional Educational Cooperation (CIEC), which will consist of University Chancellors that will meet to promote education in member regions as well as make recommendations for university success, and additionally a foreign exchange programme to maintain interregional cooperation/support while aiding in the dissemination of knowledge.

On the Way to Reformation

http://mmdl.org/images/change_button.jpg

The new Estates Commons is already getting geared up for some amendments. Of the ones in the chamber now have all been proposed by Deputy Speaker and Imperial Party Leader Valfor Talleyrand.

The first is an amendment to the World Assembly Delegate Act (2015), in which it will restrict non-Delegate nation’s endorsements to 35% of the endorsements of the WA Delegate. If passed, this will be the first of its kind since Talleyrand has been in the LKE, he says. The second is a constitutional amendment in which it reads that if the Emperor or his designees are not available, then the Lord Chancellor may fill in the role to be the Elections Administrator. Talleyrand says this will be helpful, since it would allow a broader number of inviduals to administrate the elections, just in case the Emperor is not around to certify the official results. If passed, then this amendment would reinforce the requirement of the Lord Chancellor to be non-partisan.

The Estates Noble is also on its way to reform. Debate in the Estates Noble is currently about its Standing Orders and how it defines its members within the body, mainly for more accurate number counting and activity purposes. One side of the debate does not want to define who its members are (which, by default, does not define an accurate number to pass a bill), while on the other hand, the Prime Minister is advocating for a definition of the Estates Noble members to give an accurate number for the Speaker to certify passage of a bill.

The Estates General, in its totality, has also taken the time to finally honor LKE citizens who embody the spirt of the Land of Kings and Emperors and deserve to be immortalized. It does have some hefty requisites, such as the person in question needs to be confirmed by two-thirds of the Estates General and approved by the Emperor. Senators have made it clear that this is so that only those of the highest achievements and honourability may be inducted into the Hall of Honour.

The following statement concerns the recruitment block imposed by NationStates administrators against The Land of Kings and Emperors. The statement is released on behalf of a coalition of The LKE’s close allies. The LKE is grateful to its allies for their staunch support.[hr][/hr]

If Bob Moran had never used an illegal recruitment script, the LKE population would likely be roughly 400 nations today. Today the LKE population stands at precisely 400 nations. To the extent that a recruitment block is justified as a measure of population correction, its purpose has been fulfilled. The moment has come to end it. Therefore, as allies of The Land of Kings and Emperors, we call on the NationStates Administrators to rescind the recruitment block on the LKE.

Why would the LKE population likely be at 400 nations today, if Bob Moran had never acted? We assume that Bob Moran began his illegal script around 25th January, which is the first time he posted that he was performing manual recruitment on the LKE forum and coincides with the beginning of the population uplift shown on a graph produced by [violet]. Unfortunately, no more precise date for when the illegal script began has been made available, despite repeated requests from the LKE. On this assumption, the LKE population was approximately 320 nations prior to the illegal script.

However, we also have to consider the recruitment that would have been performed by the LKE’s legal API recruitment script between 25th January and 27th April, when the recruitment block was imposed, if Bob Moran’s illegal script had never been in operation. Between 25th January and 27th April, the NS population has increased by 25% from 113,000 nations to 140,000 nations. If the LKE had merely followed that increase, its population would have risen to 400 nations by 27th April. In the same time period, similar regions to the LKE experienced greater increases. For instance, the population of Albion rose by 50% and the population of TNI rose by 35%. The population of Europeia rose by a lower proportion but by 200 nations in absolute terms.

It is therefore entirely reasonable to assume that the LKE would have benefited from a 25% increase in population to 400 nations through the operation of its legal API recruitment script. 400 nations is in fact a conservative proposition. If the LKE had followed TNI’s trend between 25th January and 27th April, it would have enjoyed a population rise to 430 nations; TNI did not increase their manual recruitment methods during that period. If we calculate the increase from 25th January to the present day, the NS population has increased by 29%, which would put the LKE on 412. With the recruitment block having brought the LKE population to 400 nations, the day has therefore come for the NationStates Administrators to accept that the job of correcting the LKE’s population is done.

If the recruitment block continues to be in effect until 27th July, we believe it probable that the LKE population will end up at the level of only 170-210 nations. This is significantly below where it would otherwise have been if it had not been for Bob Moran’s illegal actions. It is also significantly below where the LKE population roughly stood on 25th January, namely 320 nations. The effect of the three month recruitment ban is therefore disproportionate to the level of harm caused by Bob Moran.

When the Emperor of the LKE raised the disproportional impact of the recruitment block with [violet], she http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=24397940#p24397940 but added that the LKE’s argument amounted to saying “if you hadn’t been stealing that TV, you would have been handing out soup at the homeless shelter”. Her point was that the effect of Bob Moran’s script was such as to block legitimate telegrams sent by the LKE’s API recruitment script, as manual telegrams take precedence over API telegrams when recruitment telegrams are distributed.

The LKE is not culpable for the fact that Bob Moran’s caused its legitimate recruitment script to cease to function. The fundamental point here is that the LKE didn’t “steal the TV”; Bob Moran did, without their knowledge or consent. It is accordingly unfair to go to great lengths to reverse only those effects of Bob Moran’s actions which benefited the LKE, while leaving those effects of Bob Moran’s actions which damaged the LKE in effect.

There are legitimate arguments over whether or not it was appropriate to impose a recruitment sanction on the LKE as a region - up to the point where its population was corrected to where it otherwise would have been if Bob Moran’s actions had never taken place. We believe that this course of action is highly problematic, not least because region-wide sanctions for individual behaviour lead to innocent parties being punished and the risk of individuals deliberately bringing sanctions onto region. We believe the LKE’s case to be such an unfortunate situation, as they had no way of knowing what Bob Moran was doing. The number of telegrams blocked shown on the LKE API telegram (11,800), examined retrospectively by the Emperor, was entirely consistent with additional manual recruitment for a telegram that had been in operation since July 2013. Yet we accept that there is a wider imperative to ensure that population levels are fair and imposing a recruitment block in order to achieve such a population reduction can be realistically defended.

However, the population reduction caused by the recruitment block once the LKE falls below 400 nations does not fall into that grey area. It is undeniably unfair, because it goes beyond the purposes of population correction, without the LKE being itself culpable. Today, the LKE population is essentially at the population level where it in all likelihood otherwise would have been if Bob Moran had never instituted an illegal script. The population correction has been achieved, the Administrators have done their job and it is time to lift the recruitment block.

This is not mere pedantry. A 400-nation region is in the top 20 user-created regions. A region with 200 nations is not even in the top 50 user-created regions. The difference in effect of applying a proportional correction and applying a disproportional punishment is dramatic and meaningful in gameplay terms. The LKE has not been at the level of 200 nations since early 2011, in the first few months of the present Emperor’s reign. The effect of continuing with a disproportionate recruitment block will be to reverse years of progress achieved by the LKE and its players. These players have committed themselves to this game. They have invested a great deal of time in it. The LKE itself has been invested in this game since October 2005. They do not deserve to have their population decimated beyond the point where it can be plausibly justified as simply reversing Bob Moran’s actions.

Accordingly, with the LKE at 400 nations, we call for the rescission of the recruitment block.

Writinglegend, President of Europeia
Darkesia, Delegate of The West Pacific
Rach Eriksen, Queen of Balder
George VI, King-Emperor of The Kingdom of Great Britain
James III & VIII, King of United Kingdom
Lynneiah, Acting Inquisitor of The New Inquisition
John Norfolk, Prime Minister of British Isles
Richard I, King of the United Kingdom of the Netherlands