[Proposal] Adapting to the RAO

I hereby propose the full repeal of the Regional Message Board Regulation Act and the amendment of the Treason Act as follows:

SECTION X. ADVERTISEMENT

…10.1. For the purposes of this Act, “Recruitment" shall be defined as the posting of any link to or advertisement of a foreign region on the Regional Message Board which is not The East Pacific or an official property thereof.

…10.2. Every one who commits Recruitment is guilty of an summary offence and may face message suppression, ejection, and/or indefinite banishment from the East Pacific, at discretion of the Delegate or Regional Officers.

My reasoning for this is quite simple. The RMBRA was created to combat the lack of any OOC Administrative authority over the RMB and its citizen members. You see, the Delegate and IC government could ban OOC offenders very easily, but if they were citizens, they couldn’t be banned without breaking the law. OOC Admin couldn’t regulate it, and NS site moderation often sucked, so it was a gray area which had to be addressed.

The Regional Administrative Office addresses it. As a branch of the Administration, it is designed to regulate the TEP community gameside and punish any violations of our community rules. As such, IC laws are not necessary for OOC offenses anymore. RMB Moderation is OOC as it should always have been. Having IC regulation is just a dangerous mixing of two things which should never mix.

However, I don’t consider advertisement – renamed here to recruitment – to be an OOC offense. It concerns our IC retention and order, and is not an inherently OOC bad thing to do – we don’t blacklist recruiters unless they’re recruiting to blacklisted regions. As such, there is a need for it to remain an IC crime. Keeping the RMBRA for such a short thing isn’t necessary, but I think it’s treason-adjacent, and so belongs there.

I’m open to comments or questions.

Yeah, this was something we probably should’ve gotten around to. Support.

I see no issue with this proposal, therefore I am in full support of it.

No issues.

I see no issues with the proposal. Full support.

I motion this to a vote

die

I hereby second the proposal put forward in this thread.